Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Breeding of older cats
07-14-2017, 06:44 AM
Breeding of older cats
I typed this in as a joke, but was told it was a neat idea.

[05:35] <person replaced>Hi , my cats say to old to breed... can i do anything to breed it ?
[05:35] <CSR>: no, unfortunately you cannot do anything to make them breed anymore. once they reach 120 days old, they can no longer breed.
[05:35] Kittyn Fuhr: after 120 days old, they cannot breed.
[05:35] <CSR2>: No, there isn othing you can do, once it's too old to breed you can't go back.
[05:35] <person replaced>: okay thx
[05:36] Kittyn Fuhr: if there were, there would be a MAJOR rush that day to buy that vitamin, a LOT of people would pay to have a kitty breed just ONE more time.
[05:36] <person replaced>: hmm okay thx
[05:37] <CSR>: that's a neat idea, you should add that to the suggestion section of the forum!
[05:38] CSR: https://kittycats.ws/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21
[05:38] Kittyn Fuhr laughs. even if it were just a 1 day offering, or a 1 time only breed, and the cat has to be over x days old...i still think people would do it.

I do not have any that are over 120 days old, except for 2...and one that I would want right now to perma, or bring back. But I think there are many that would. If I were to make the item, I think I would make it that it has to be perhaps at least 1 year old(?), as well as perhaps one type for regular, and one for perma-petted? And...during that time, would a permapet need food? OR....could it/would it "break" a permapet, as in now they would need food again, to breed that one time, and would need to be permapetted again....or maybe even NOT allowing a permapet after? Some considerations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Serena Stroikavskoi
07-14-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: Breeding of older cats
I think it's a great idea. Sometimes you don't realize until after retirement that ONE kitty has what you wanted Big Grin

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2017, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2017 11:07 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
In my years as an analyst I came to realize there were only three reasonable limits for a thing: 0 (it could not be), 1 (it is unique), and infinity (there could be any number). As a corollary, if you gave the users a limit, someone would always want one more than that limit; so the only reasonable limit was no limit.

In this case, you want to change the 121 limit to 122 (or 126?) (or 128?) (or 131?), for a fee. All that will do is have someone else come along and say, "You did it once. I want it again!"

So, my proposal would be to recognize that any limit will cause some complaint and eliminate the limit entirely by selling a "One more day!" vitamin. If you want two more days, buy two. But, this is a big thing. So charge a bit per bottle. Say, L$250. That way, if you want to extend 10 days, it's L$2500. For 100, it's L$25,000. And make it retroactive. So if you want to breed that 1500 day old cat again, you need to purchase 1,380 bottles for the past, plus 7 for recovery, plus 10 for "one more box" for a total of 1,397 at a price of only L$349,250
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , DasEbilOne Resident
07-15-2017, 10:25 AM
smh ... Always the pessimist. Why couldn't it be a limited time like the menagerie potions was for extended retrieval. The older the cat the more the potion or up to a certain age like 125 days. Why can't we think outside the box and maybe come up with a one time cloning kitty potion. After all they do that stuff in RL why not SL. It's quite possible to retrieve a UUID and clone that baby. The point is she's thinking outside the realm of what we have available. That in turns enlightens the possibilities. Yes people would pay for that as RL does come before SL and sometimes that last breed was missed due to a sleeping kitty or not being able to monitor the breeding program.

**Note I believe ONE more breed was specified not 1x infinity.**

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)