Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pricing
03-05-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: Pricing
(02-26-2012 12:33 PM)Aika Nirvana Wrote:  
(02-26-2012 02:47 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  There's a group called - KittyCatS Price Check Smile

I'm in that group but it's rare that anyone answers. So i was hoping for a bit more guidance from experienced people Smile

The group does do its best to respond to most requests and they are all experienced breeders here. It simply may be a matter of no one knows about your particular cat or that people are either afk or not online at the time. If you have no luck getting an answer, send me a notecard and I shall do my best to guide you in the right direction.

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2012, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2012 02:22 AM by Nocshadue Balbozar.)
You know this is one area where we as a community need to embrace new breeders. I think Saga put it very well in explaining the market and how prices can syrocket and plummet in a matter of days sometimes. And it is also very true that people look for different things..I am pretty much an auction junkie, love going to auctions! And in the same day at different auctions..I saw a 9 trait really nice Snowshoe Bluepoint with a very low starting bid go no sale..and a few hours later at a different auction, I saw an also nice 7 trait Bluepoint sell for 7500. Go figure. It all depends on the buyer. If the buyers at the second auction had been at the first..there would have been a bid war, but they were not.

When I was still pretty new at breeding, the Nacht's gave me some very good advice. 1) Breed what YOU like. 2) Set a budget for yourself and stick to it. Do not count on your cats to sell if they do that is extra. 3) Learn the market but don't chase it. Meaning, don't go crazy and spend more than you should trying to get the latest and greatest because as Saga mentioned, by the time you are ready to sell some of the kittens, the price will have dropped and leave you in the hole.

With that being said, I do think auctions are a great way to learn. Just attending and watching what is selling and what is not for a few weeks will give you a good idea of the market. When I was new, wandering the big markets left me lost and very confused. The prices vary a lot. So to me that is not the best way to learn. Talk to people. Make friends in the community. Go watch auctions. And don't be discouraged if your goal is to sell. Breeding takes some time and you will eventaually develop your own style.

Hugs!
Noc
Find all posts by this user
03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Thank you for the helpful reply Smile

Actually what interests me the most is breeding and trying to guess what i will get from looking at the pedigree. I don't care much to sell cats for thousands of lindens. I just can't keep all what I get and don't want to price the ones I sell the wrong way. I just want to sell them for reasonable prices and the very low prices affect market negatively. So I thought knowing the average prices for the kitties without special traits would be useful. I tried to check the market for prices but I didn't figure out the factors they depend on because there are many different prices. I was thinking to sell my cat i mentioned for 500 or so and some others in the 300-700 range. Maybe thats reasonable.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)