Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Genesis 2017 Furs
04-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Genesis 2017 Furs
I have started testing this years Genesis furs to try and determine an order between them.
So far none of the offspring has revealed its hidden fur but the tests I have conducted are as follows.

Mocha II v Ginger II, 2 tests got a Ginger II back first time open for testing, passed Ginger II on first breed 2nd breed on Monday. Mocha II the second time holding until I get results of Ginger II test.

Pearl II v Ginger II, Pearl II open for testing, first breed on Monday.

Mocha II v Bandit II, Bandit II open for testing, first breed on Monday.

Pearl II v Patch II, Patch II open for testing.

These cats breed on Mondays so I'll be swapping them around again for different combos.

If anyone has any charts showing dominance of these furs please post them here and lets get these furs into an order.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
04-14-2017, 09:07 AM
RE: Genesis 2017 Furs
I'm running Patch2 versus Mocha2 and Patch2 versus Ginger2. No results yet.

It has occurred to me that if EVERYBODY ( or a fraction thereof) who got a special baby from the Valentine's Cats and opened it and ran it against a traited fur could just send us the pedigrees, we could have all the data we needed in no time flat.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain , Brunabug Nightfire , wildblueviolet Sunset
04-15-2017, 03:25 AM
(04-14-2017 09:07 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  I'm running Patch2 versus Mocha2 and Patch2 versus Ginger2. No results yet.

It has occurred to me that if EVERYBODY ( or a fraction thereof) who got a special baby from the Valentine's Cats and opened it and ran it against a traited fur could just send us the pedigrees, we could have all the data we needed in no time flat.

That is so true, 2 of mine are the special babies from my collection cats.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , wildblueviolet Sunset
04-17-2017, 09:38 AM
And we have our first proof.
Genesis - Ginger II is Dominant to Genesis - Mocha II

[Image: ac9d9eb77323f99d83be83d6446509fa.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner , wildblueviolet Sunset
04-19-2017, 07:52 AM
This pertains to the Genesis 7 furs, but is really a Gen7/6 proof:
Patch 2 is dominant to Patch1.

[Image: raarmd.jpg]

Straightforward proof: Patch1 boy (Chretien) mates with Patch2 girl (Mimsygroves). They produce a Patch2 kitten (Novo). When mated with a more recessive fur (Jeri), the breeding pulls the hidden fur - Patch1 - out into the open on the kitten.

This is important because Patch1 is the most dominant fur of the Genesis 6s. We would like to see all of the Gen 7s stack on top of Patch1 if possible.

Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Kayla Woodrunner , wildblueviolet Sunset
04-20-2017, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 03:31 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Thanks Ivy. Heres hoping Patch II is the most recessive of the Gen 7's but I doubt we will get that lucky, esp since I have one I am hoping hides Mocha II. My cats seem to (hopefully) be hiding the Mocha II more but until I pull it back out it might just be my Mocha II passing her hid. I have retasked The Ginger II hiding Mocha II from the proof above as its a guaranteed Genesis pass. Shes actually running against my Patch II on Monday so a Patch II baby would mean dom to Mocha II.
Also just because the 2 Mocha II females aren't running this week and I have 2 Flame V boys sat in my cattery I was using for eye tests I'm doing for Kaylas Library, I'll run those against each other and see what pops out. Retasking them before they go to the Menagerie.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner , Brunabug Nightfire
05-13-2017, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 11:19 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
Another proof, but it's a 2-charter. One of them depends on the other because it shows a cat's hidden. It pertains to lining up generation 7 with generation 6. I don't yet have proof that the gen 7s stack on top of the 6s, but this proof puts another gen 7 high up on the charts. We already have a proof that Patch 2 is dominant to Patch1, which places Patch2. So far it is the only one of the Gen 7 furs to be formally placed. Here we are working with a proof/cat that shows that Patch2 is dominant to Pearl 1 (which is also true).

[Image: 16i8hzl.jpg]

Petrus is a Patch2. You can't actually see on this pedigree from his parents what his hidden is (though you could if I were to show you his pedigree the next generation up). But anyway, when Petrus is mated with Pancake Princess, a bali cream which is certainly more recessive than anything genesis, it pulls Petrus's hidden which is a pearl 1. Therefore Petrus's hidden must be Pearl 1 since it can't come from Pancake, and therefore Patch 2 can hide Pearl 1/is dominant to Pearl 1.

The next proof relies on you already knowing that Petrus is hiding Pearl 1.

2d Proof: Mocha2 is Dominant to Pearl1.

[Image: 2ius5lj.jpg]

Here we have a Petrus offspring. Petrus (Patch2 hiding Pearl 1) mates with Puccicat (Mocha2 showing). The offspring shows Mocha 2. This offspring could be hiding EITHER Patch2 OR Pearl1, but it has to be one of those furs. So this Mocha 2 kitten could place Mocha 2 as high on the chart as above Patch2, but at very least Mocha2 must be dominant to Pearl1.

Either this kitten or a sibling (already of breeding age) may be able to give us direct information about Mocha 2 being dominant to Patch 2. If I were placing bets, I'd say yes it is, but we don't have proof yet.

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , wildblueviolet Sunset
05-13-2017, 09:15 PM
Congrats, Ivy on the proof!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
05-14-2017, 10:16 AM
I have been running Patch 2 v Mocha 2. First baby was a Patch 2 that hid Pink & white so a fail. I have another breeding thats a Mocha II waiting on her hid. Also have 2 more boxes that are both showing Mocha II. This would agree with what your Mocha II seems to hide. Hopefully one of us gets a result on that soon because that would also serve to formally place Ginger II as dominant to Patch II as its proven dom to Mocha II.
In addition I have a Bandit 2 I hope hides Ginger 2 and a Pearl 2 I hope hides Patch 2, if those pan out tomorrow we will know a lot more regarding order and how they relate to gen 6. Prays for all 3 hids to show tomorrow and be what we want Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
05-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately all 3 of my Gen 7 tests cats declined to show their hidden fur this week so no further on here I'm afraid Sad Will hope for better results next week.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)