Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Explainer on Sizes of Kitties
04-01-2017, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 04:10 AM by Prokofy Neva.)
Explainer on Sizes of Kitties
Yes, I've read the Google page handbook.
Yes, I've read whatever is out there on Google about kittycats.
No, I don't want to join a group because there's always so much chatter, annoying mods, and requests for help in paying rent these days in EVERY group that I can't tolerate it, sorry!
No, I can't come to inworld events on a schedule, I have multiple RL jobs to do.

Hence, the forums.

Can someone point me to a quick and concise explainer about the cats' sizes? I only found this by accident when I saw cats being born and they seemed really big or really small.

Are they merely random feature, available from any kittycat on a random basis? Or?

I have a cat just born whose name from the system is "Gem". But *is* she a "gem"? Or is that just her random name that happens to be a coincidence? Here are her stats:

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
[02:38] KittyCats - Gem: https://kittycats.ws
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
♀ Gem

҉ 1 day ♥ 0% ☺ 71% ↯ 20% 모☁ 1%

Fur: Siamese - Blue
Eyes: Midnight Sky (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Boo Boo)
Size: 16 cm (6.2 inch)

Version: 1.56
Owner: Prokofy Neva
ID: fe04b3df-4957-4bb6-24d3-78a5f88d2f69
〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓
MOM: Mara
Fur: Genesis - Ginger
Eyes: Genesis Sunshine (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Curious)

DAD: Saelig
Fur: Genesis - Ginger
Eyes: Midnight Sky (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Big)
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Guitar)
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

For some weeks, when I've been looking at this info, it would give inches or centimeters, but not a label like "petite" or "bigger da big" as it used to do. I don't know why. But that means I couldn't tell what these animals were.

So if it says "16 cm" is that "normal" and in fact not a littler size?

Finally, I wonder if the offer to get a MegaPuss after you send in 300 cats to the Menagerie (I think I read that somewhere) is still good. I decided I want to pursue that. And that's because I simply can't figure out how to get the money generated from sending cats in the Menagerie to work "inworld". Is that money only available to feed cats in the Cattery?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland
04-01-2017, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 05:10 AM by HikariItsumo Resident.)
RE: Explainer on Sizes of Kitties
Hi,

Size is random, any cat can breed kittens of any size.

Here is the charter for the sizes :

When your KittyCatS are born they are all 11cm (4.3 inch), they grow in 7 days to their final size.

Female KittyCatS are from 42cm (16.5 inch) to 45cm (17.7 inch)
Male KittyCatS are from 45cm (17.7 inch) to 54cm (21.3 inch)

Teacup KittyCats are from 11cm (4.3 inch) to 15cm (5.9 inch)
Toy KittyCats are from 19cm (7.5 inch) to 28cm (11.0 inch)
Petite KittyCats are from 34cm (13.4 inch) to 38cm (15.0 inch)
Bigger de Big KittyCats are from 59cm (23.2 inch) to 64cm (25.2 inch)
MegaPuss KittyCats are from 157cm (61.8 inch) to 202cm (79.5 inch)

If it doesn't show a special size after the numbers on the cat's info, it means the cat is "normal" size. (Which is the case for yours.)

Name is also generated randomly. You can change it easily (touch the cat > text > set name).

About K$, only the ones obtained by sending a cat/box to the Menagerie (K$50 / cat or box) can be used towards
getting a Menagerie cat (Tigers & Giraffe, you can choose the size, Confetti you cannot).
With these Menagerie K$ you can buy consumables
in the online Cattery as well as anything in the inworld store sold by KittyCatsBiz Resident, but Gift Cards and Collection
cats when they have some (Fall, Spring, etc Collections).

Purchased K$ (through a Cattery Dock or Gift Card) can be used towards buying consumables
in the online Cattery as well as anything in the inworld store sold by KittyCatsBiz Resident, but
Gift Cards, Collection cats and Menagerie items.

Hikari Smile

Thanks given by: Prokofy Neva , Minx Diabolito , Ruriko Oanomochi
04-01-2017, 05:40 AM
Prokofy Neva, welcome to KittyCats!

04-01-2017, 06:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 06:06 AM by Prokofy Neva.)
(04-01-2017 05:09 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  Hi,

Size is random, any cat can breed kittens of any size.

Here is the charter for the sizes :

When your KittyCatS are born they are all 11cm (4.3 inch), they grow in 7 days to their final size.

Female KittyCatS are from 42cm (16.5 inch) to 45cm (17.7 inch)
Male KittyCatS are from 45cm (17.7 inch) to 54cm (21.3 inch)

Teacup KittyCats are from 11cm (4.3 inch) to 15cm (5.9 inch)
Toy KittyCats are from 19cm (7.5 inch) to 28cm (11.0 inch)
Petite KittyCats are from 34cm (13.4 inch) to 38cm (15.0 inch)
Bigger de Big KittyCats are from 59cm (23.2 inch) to 64cm (25.2 inch)
MegaPuss KittyCats are from 157cm (61.8 inch) to 202cm (79.5 inch)

If it doesn't show a special size after the numbers on the cat's info, it means the cat is "normal" size. (Which is the case for yours.)

Name is also generated randomly. You can change it easily (touch the cat > text > set name).

About K$, only the ones obtained by sending a cat/box to the Menagerie (K$50 / cat or box) can be used towards
getting a Menagerie cat (Tigers & Giraffe, you can choose the size, Confetti you cannot).
With these Menagerie K$ you can buy consumables
in the online Cattery as well as anything in the inworld store sold by KittyCatsBiz Resident, but Gift Cards and Collection
cats when they have some (Fall, Spring, etc Collections).

Purchased K$ (through a Cattery Dock or Gift Card) can be used towards buying consumables
in the online Cattery as well as anything in the inworld store sold by KittyCatsBiz Resident, but
Gift Cards, Collection cats and Menagerie items.

Hikari Smile

Thanks, I appreciate your help and concise answers, I will cut and paste and keep as a guideline.

As for the explanations about the K$ - it's all well and good and I've read it before.

But the question is HOW.

HOW do you get those K$ down in world. It's not the case (with some vendors and offers) that when you click on the food, you see also an option to select your K dollars -- of it that is somehow the case (you have to wear a group?) I'm just not getting to see how it generates.

I don't see any kind of "online store" where I click and buy say kibbles, and they deliver inworld.

So it's a mystery, this seemingly simple thing. It really is. And if it is for me, it is for others. It's not intuitive.

Also, WHERE is the Menagerie? I have sent cats to it, I can see them listed there if I click on them, but I don't see anything that looks like a "Menagerie Store". Where is this store where you can see the things in it?

Again, if you happen to know, is it true that after you have sent 300 cats, so I guess that's 300 x $50, you are eligible to buy a MegaPuss?
04-01-2017, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 07:09 AM by Ellen Ireland.)
There is no menagerie store, other than the area in the KittyCats mainstore where certain specific cats can be purchased with menagerie K$. Other than that, it's just virtual kitty heaven. You have seven days to recover a cat you have menageried (although it will be hungry/sick after three) and then it disappears.
However, your online cattery is accessible from the cattery menu link. The most efficient way to breed and feed cats is to keep them in your online cattery, but food purchased there will only work in the online cattery and cannot be transferred inworld. Also, cats in the online cattery are not nearly as much fun since you miss out on seeing and playing with them.
You can use K$ to buy items in the KittyCats store and then take the items with you for inworld use.
If you want to buy a "menagerie cat" (only certain types of cats can be purchased this way) you can buy them inworld at the KittyCats store with your menagerie K$.
The availability of cats for purchase using menagerie K$ is not based on size but on type. Within the type, let's say white tiger for example, you can buy a megapuss or a toy or a teacup as long as you have enough menagerie K$.

Thanks given by: Prokofy Neva
04-01-2017, 07:16 AM
To buy with K$ inworld, you have to right click the item you want & choose K$ in the pie menu.

04-01-2017, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 09:43 PM by Winter Phoenix.)

PROK! For gods sake YOU ARE VENTURING INTO THE SLIPPERY SLOPE
OF THE KITTYCATS ADDICTION!

Remember back in 2004 when you sold me that first piece of land in Ravenglass and
you told me that 1024 plot was never going to satisfy me??
And I ended up buying six more?????

Yah, I have a whole friggin SIM now.

Thats gonna be you. And once you breed those four you will end up with
1024 in your cattery! Its the nature of the kittycats BEAST!!

Unlike land however you dont have to wait around for a Linden to
fly in and remove a replicating griefer device from the sky over your house.
( do they even do that any more???)

These things tend to run pretty well and if they dont KittyCatS have very
good customer service and pretty much find lost cats and fix borked units
expediently.

Welcome aboard comrade, nice to see you're still around.
I have a shoppe as well, you know my number, gimme a shout,
we'll hook up and see if we can get you squared away.

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Reven Rosca , Ivy Lane , sneakpastu Resident , Prokofy Neva
04-01-2017, 09:15 PM
hello and welcome to your latestest addiction

yeah everything Phoenix said, lols

ask me anytime you want happy to help as well

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
04-02-2017, 06:05 AM
Here's a picture with all the sizes!
[Image: KittyCatS%20Sizes_zps8pymjbhn_1.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , sneakpastu Resident , Prokofy Neva , Ivy Lane
04-02-2017, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 10:18 AM by Prokofy Neva.)
(04-01-2017 06:59 AM)Ellen Ireland Wrote:  There is no menagerie store, other than the area in the KittyCats mainstore where certain specific cats can be purchased with menagerie K$.
[..]

If you want to buy a "menagerie cat" (only certain types of cats can be purchased this way) you can buy them inworld at the KittyCats store with your menagerie K$.
The availability of cats for purchase using menagerie K$ is not based on size but on type. Within the type, let's say white tiger for example, you can buy a megapuss or a toy or a teacup as long as you have enough menagerie K$.

Thanks, that's the precise answer I was looking for. I don't recall such an area at this store where I literally have been a hundred times in two years, but I'll look again. I'm glad you've explained the most important thing -- there isn't any online store despite the presence of the menagerie *itself* being online.

(04-02-2017 06:05 AM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  Here's a picture with all the sizes!
[Image: KittyCatS%20Sizes_zps8pymjbhn_1.jpg]

Thanks that's a handy picture.

(04-01-2017 03:58 PM)Winter Phoenix Wrote:  

PROK! For gods sake YOU ARE VENTURING INTO THE SLIPPERY SLOPE
OF THE KITTYCATS ADDICTION!

Remember back in 2004 when you sold me that first piece of land in Ravenglass and
you told me that 1024 plot was never going to satisfy me??
And I ended up buying six more?????

Yah, I have a whole friggin SIM now.

Thats gonna be you. And once you breed those four you will end up with
1024 in your cattery! Its the nature of the kittycats BEAST!!

Unlike land however you dont have to wait around for a Linden to
fly in and remove a replicating griefer device from the sky over your house.
( do they even do that any more???)

These things tend to run pretty well and if they dont KittyCatS have very
good customer service and pretty much find lost cats and fix borked units
expediently.

Welcome aboard comrade, nice to see your still around.
I have a shoppe as well, you know my number, gimme a shout,
we'll hook up and see if we can get you squared away.

Hi, Winter!

Yes, I remember that conversation. And I had pets banned on that sim for the longest time because it was so crowded and I thought it might get laggy, but while I was gone my son let them on and now there's no stopping it.

I don't think I'll get to "1024". I started out with two cats that were given to me by a tenant and for more than a year I didn't do anything with cats, I just had those two, with breeding turned off. Then we got some of those SL13 anniversary ranch cats to put on this area I call the Hacienda, also with breed turned off, who wants to pay for all that food, I already have fairies and sion chickens, it's enough.

Then when I started this themed sim called A Shaman's Hut, I had two expensive rare EVO reindeer fairies and each died because I couldn't figure out the somewhat complicated food system fast enough. I then stumbled on the fact that there are "reindeer kitties" and got one which is named Olenochka (little reindeer in Russian). She has antlers and she "rains" because she is a "rain deer". You can also turn your avatar into one like hers and sled around. Then somehow I found a blue cat that I thought looked good with that one. I then decided to breed them. Would they breed more like themselves? No, of course not, it didn't work that way. They bred a lot of gingers LOL.

So now I have a half dozen of them I think but they and their offspring are going to the menagerie. I have a Bigger da Big, a teacup, a normal of course so I just want to get a "petite" or some other exotic one and I'll be done, but along the way I want to see "how they turn out". I don't think I'll be buying any now, the raindeer was hugely expensive!

It's interesting to see the random names generated for them and I keep some of them on that basis alone.

From my experience as a landlord -- and I've seen LOTS of these KittyCats because lots of people have them -- most people don't tend to put out like 6 or 12 or 50, as they do with other kinds of breedables. Instead, they form more of a real attachment to 2 or 3 or 4 at the most. They don't turn their apartments into breedable barns, but homes. I sometimes get people making barns out of a small cabin or inexpensive sky loft and I'll find like 50 Meeros or horses or *things* I don't even know the name of in the sky lagging the sim. But the KittyCats owners tend generally not to mass breed and cull them (as we used to do in The Sims Online). They form attachments for whatever reason -- perhaps someone special gave them the cat, perhaps it reminds them of a real cat, perhaps they liked its name or look -- and they stick with that cat for a long time. It seems to me quite a few don't breed them, so as not to have the problem of food and prims or the emotional shock of sending them to the menagerie. Some people might have several rentals, one with their home base and their basic cats they keep, and another site where they breed them to either sell or give away or find one they like.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)