Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

(moved) Cats not fully rezzing and color not rezzing
03-25-2017, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2017 07:12 PM by Ellen Ireland.)
(moved) Cats not fully rezzing and color not rezzing
Edited: The problem has been resolved. As Reven Rosca suggested, it was a viewer-related problem, not a KC bug.

Has anyone experienced cats not fully rezzing and some of their traits not rezzing properly such as color? This partially rezzed Burmilla Red appears to have black ears. (I have waited quite a long time and he never finishes rezzing.)

[Image: 17505357_612302108968252_843014779899833...e=59541804]

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2017, 08:42 AM
RE: (moved) Cats not fully rezzing and color not rezzing
This is either a viewer issue or an issue related to your computer's connection to SL's servers, and not a KittyCats bug.
Right click the cat and refresh textures. That should load all textures, both sculptmaps and diffuse textures.

If this doesn't work, bring your cat to a less alaggy region and repeat. The textures will then be cached in your viewer and should look right when you return home.
A reboot of your sim may also be a good idea. Clearing your viewer cache is NOT advised, since that will make the problem worse.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
03-25-2017, 01:26 PM
I will try that, Reven. He is sleeping now and still not fully rezzed.

03-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Putting him in image mode and back might help as well.
(03-25-2017 01:26 PM)Ellen Ireland Wrote:  I will try that, Reven. He is sleeping now and still not fully rezzed.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
03-25-2017, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2017 07:06 PM by Ellen Ireland.)
I rebaked the region, and I also put him into image mode and back again, and I also took him into inventory and then rezzed him again, but he still looks the same. My home parcel shouldn't be particularly laggy since hardly anyone is ever there. I will try taking him where there are other people so I can find out if others see him the same way.

*Edited to add*: Although the above did not work, when I switched to another viewer I was able to see him as he should be, so it appears that it is indeed a viewer-related problem after all. Now I suppose I should move this thread again ...... :-)

03-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Did you recently increase your graphics setting? - for taking pictures or something? Did you recently download a new version of the client and it might have higher graphics settings than your computer can really handle? My cats are the first to suffer when I try to take photos. They turn grey and do things like this and no prim-in-and-out fixes it. Only turning down the graphics settings does.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland
03-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Ivy. It seems to be a glitch with the Catznip viewer, which is my preferred viewer. When I switched to Firestorm, the cat looked normal. I had not changed any of my graphics settings on the Catznip viewer and it had been awhile since the last update, so I don't think that's it, but I appreciate it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)