Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

RM's profiler got banned of using kittycat picks?
03-22-2017, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 05:12 PM by Phantom Trommler.)
RM's profiler got banned of using kittycat picks?
Today I received an alert from RM's profiler and I am really new to it and contacted RM to fix the bug. He said KittyCats do not want him to use the picks of the cats & he took all off yesterday.

I do not know the deal with it yet the photos was making it so easier for us all and probably the reason that we preferred RM's profiler instead of the other. It is something that will effect business for the people who try to sell their cats.

I don't know how long RM's market has been around but he has created a content that KittyCats had not provided yet, I personally think whatever was discussed between RM & KittyCats, a solution could be found for the sake of cats & people who use this system.

You may think it is not a big deal, with or without picks but what makes people buy cats is not thousand letters they read, yet the photos and the visual connection & RM's profiler was doing great job for it.

This is my humble opinion, what are your thoughts? Please share below.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: TerrorMisu Resident , Shamu077 Resident
03-22-2017, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 06:01 PM by Emilia Darkwatch.)
RE: RM's profiler got banned of using kittycat picks?
Phantom, this has been an ongoing situation for quite some time and revolves around the images not being made available to anyone, not just the person you mention, to make any commercial gain from. There are also other factors involved and have been discussed on forums. You asked for the thoughts of others, and my thoughts are that it is not right for anybody to make a product or profit which involves the use of copywritten images and content they do not have permission to use and/or have not received permission to use. It is a regular business practice, with images or otherwise, that the creator will allow "free use" for personal or non-profit applications but does not allow, and certainly not for free, allow the use of their images for commercial use. To go ahead and create a product without first obtaining the permission of the person who owns rights to the images is very unwise and disrespectful

It would be akin to a photographer making and selling a finished image or logo which uses large components of copywritten content, like a background which is very important to the finished work, and not having respect for the original creator of this background to gain their permission first. One must get the approval first, then proceed to use it. Or, as is very typical for images, buy a commercial license which comes with terms the creator has agreed upon. The photographer can take credit for their finished work and even payment for it, but this is just not right to do when a large part of what forms the picture does not belong to them and was never approved for their use. So, it can be a picture, a product or whatever creation it is but one must always have permission first. Not just take something and use it without permission

I certainly agree with you that it can be lovely to see a cat and how it may look and there is a way to see a cat visually, if you input the traits using build a cat which may be found here
http://tad-carlucci.com/Build-a-Cat/

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
 Thanks given by: Phantom Trommler , Isabelle Brucato , Arwen Swordthain , JC Aferdita
03-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Thank you Emilia for the respond. I am very new to all these and I have learnt about the violation of copyright infringement just today asking people about it. RM's website made me think it was an approved website by KC. I see that it was not and it is not an issue that appeared on the agreement as there was none. I am sorry to hear about that cause I think all content creators should respect each other especially when it comes to DMCA, yet I have heard many people being confused about what is gonna happen so I hope there will be an agreement if it is possible even after all that's happened.
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , JC Aferdita
03-22-2017, 09:55 PM
You're welcome Phantom Smile

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
03-24-2017, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 11:50 PM by Jadedmw Emms.)
(03-22-2017 05:59 PM)Emilia Darkwatch Wrote:  Phantom, this has been an ongoing situation for quite some time and revolves around the images not being made available to anyone, not just the person you mention, to make any commercial gain from. There are also other factors involved and have been discussed on forums. You asked for the thoughts of others, and my thoughts are that it is not right for anybody to make a product or profit which involves the use of copywritten images and content they do not have permission to use and/or have not received permission to use. It is a regular business practice, with images or otherwise, that the creator will allow "free use" for personal or non-profit applications but does not allow, and certainly not for free, allow the use of their images for commercial use. To go ahead and create a product without first obtaining the permission of the person who owns rights to the images is very unwise and disrespectful

It would be akin to a photographer making and selling a finished image or logo which uses large components of copywritten content, like a background which is very important to the finished work, and not having respect for the original creator of this background to gain their permission first. One must get the approval first, then proceed to use it. Or, as is very typical for images, buy a commercial license which comes with terms the creator has agreed upon. The photographer can take credit for their finished work and even payment for it, but this is just not right to do when a large part of what forms the picture does not belong to them and was never approved for their use. So, it can be a picture, a product or whatever creation it is but one must always have permission first. Not just take something and use it without permission

I certainly agree with you that it can be lovely to see a cat and how it may look and there is a way to see a cat visually, if you input the traits using build a cat which may be found here
http://tad-carlucci.com/Build-a-Cat/
I understand how they would want to protect their images. But for many of us new kittycat enthusiasts who don't know all the traits, and I don't plan on memorizing them all, the photo profilers were very helpful. as someone who has been into kittycats less than 3 months, I also don't plan on trying to enter the information on 15 cats on 15 web pages to see all the cats photo's from a pedigree (each time I want to see a cat's line). So unless someone comes up with a web page that actually shows me the whole pedigree on a cat that I want to look up I am going to be bailing out on kittycats.
EDIT: i was contacted by someone from kittycats and helped a bit. i am learning more about the pedigree and hoping i will be able to get things to work with it. Ty much.
03-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Jade, there is such a pedigree visually already which is the root of where profilers are getting their information. This was the original "profiler" so to speak which displays on the kittycats website and is the originating source that a profiler was pulling its' images from. You can see the images for any cat and the lineage if you click the pedigree link on the cat, when has been enabled. The pedigree link is just below the cat ID which shows when you click an enabled cat. The webpage which opens after you click that link will show you the kitten/cat, its's parents and the grandparents too. To see much further back, one can use a profiler or use the website in various ways. Sometimes it can be as easy as just clicking a cat in the pedigree tree, for example the grandparent, and this will then go to a new page where it will show the parents and grandparents of that grandparent cat too

Additionally, if you click the link at the top of this page, top left which says "Our Cats" you can see a lot of the furs, eyes etc. To see those in the combination of your choice, build a cat is great for that. To help see pedigrees of your cats and also for others to see them, you can go to the top of this page > My Account and then tick the boxes for "Automatically enable In World Pedigree links for all my new cats & boxes" and "Allow browsing of all previous generations from In World Pedigree links"

Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)