Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Meow Mat Nightmare/Danger
03-14-2017, 10:19 PM
Meow Mat Nightmare/Danger
Ok here we go-purchased food and somehow some way a meow mat that came from who knows where was auto filled. I, of course did not KNOW that newly purchased food would go DIRECTLY to the meow mat. And milk. It seems to come with the auto fill setting turned ON. I of course thought my food purchased was lost till I had to go through the whole support ticket thing and wait.

I bought the OLD auto feeder some time back and it DID eat my food, it was replaced by Kittycats but still..the old auto feeder was a glitchy thing. I like seeing my food in my inventory and carrying it about where I need it the old fashioned one bowl at a time thing. I have no desire to use a meow mat where one wrong setting or button push might have unwanted cats (think sales sims) eating through your lindens spent.

I was told that my food purchased cannot come out of the meow mat when I questioned it in chat. I think this needs some serious updating, do not force a product on me that I do not want, that eats my lindens at an even faster speed. (sometimes I starve my cats on purpose for a short while and now I cannot) To ME this seems not a convenience item, but a -eat your kibble scripts faster $$$ and dangerously- thing. If I push one wrong button (and this happens to all of us-old/young/we get in a hurry etc.) I might feed an entire sim of cats that are not mine not *WHOOPS* ONE bowl of food but 20! Or more! I understand that perhaps someone is taking care of someone else's cats and/or will be away for SL for a time and that this might be a Gods end to them, but is that not what the cattery is for? I am disappointed in this item and that I cannot retrieve my food that I spend good money for to feed my cats MY way. Second Life is too scripty in too many ways, and this just adds another complication and takes some of MY fun away from me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2017, 12:27 AM
RE: Meow Mat Nightmare/Danger
You can still use the old auto-feeder if you want to. I've used it up until maybe a week ago without any issues. So once the food bowls in your meowmat is used up, pick up the meowmat and place out your old auto-feeder and you're back to the system you had before Smile
03-15-2017, 10:33 AM
(03-14-2017 10:19 PM)JamesKisson Resident Wrote:  (sometimes I starve my cats on purpose for a short while and now I cannot)

Take the Meowmat in your inventory ==> no access to food.

Also, do you know that hungry cats catch up once food is accessible again and eat more for a little while so that their hunger level gets back to +/-0% ?

03-16-2017, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 04:32 AM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
You can turn it off to auto fill it's in the options. The meowmat is the update to the old server, by default it's on to auto fill but that can be changed, you can also have the meowmat show text above so you can see what's left, that's also in the options menu. There is also a way to turn off the food too just go in settings and un check food, I've done it on mine

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)