Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The Genesis Project
05-14-2017, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2017 09:10 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
RE: The Genesis Project
- I can tell you Coco 4 is dominant to Coco 5. I've noticed several Coco 5s for sale whose parents are a Coco 4 and a non-Genesis. So that may help narrow down when choosing which furs to test on each other. (The chart in post #19 seems to agree, but I find those difficult to read.)

- Looks to me like right now the piece of information that would have the greatest effect would be what Flame 5 is dominant to.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
05-14-2017, 09:25 PM
It would be nice if someone could post one of those coco IV to coco V pedigrees so that there would be a definite proof shown since it's been done.

I have a smokey iv vs flame iii test going. and a smokey II vs smokey iv. when that is done, i'll set the smokey iv against a v depending on what others have gotten done by that point. i think someone else is doing a iv vs v test but not sure whom

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
05-16-2017, 01:14 AM
(05-14-2017 06:05 PM)LibGwen Resident Wrote:  - I can tell you Coco 4 is dominant to Coco 5. I've noticed several Coco 5s for sale whose parents are a Coco 4 and a non-Genesis. So that may help narrow down when choosing which furs to test on each other. (The chart in post #19 seems to agree, but I find those difficult to read.)

- Looks to me like right now the piece of information that would have the greatest effect would be what Flame 5 is dominant to.

Coco 5 is recessive to Diamond 3. Coco 4 is dominant to Diamond 3 so that is indeed the case although actually seeing one of these Coco 5 pedigrees would just be additional confirmation.
I'm working on slotting the Gen 4's in so I have popped a Flame 3 and a smokey 4 if the smokey 4 is dom then that places Smokey 4 and Flame 4. They won't breed for 2 weeks so will be at least 4 before I get a result on that probably longer since the cats aren't cooperating much at the moment.
Will keep everyone updated on progress though.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
05-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Quick update on my Genesis tests.
Testing Domino III against Domino IV, they gave me a Genesis baby today on the second attempt a Domino III which is what I was hoping for so now to see if she hides Domino IV
[Image: 4a5082dc42333b70b2f54d99d25dcd38.png]

Am also waiting on a Flame III v Smokey IV pairing to grow and breed. If I get the results I'm hoping for from these 2 tests it will bulk place the remainder of the Genesis IV furs Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
05-21-2017, 12:01 PM
I've had a number of babies this week, but not one yielded a proof. Sad Most passed their showns. One passed a double-recessive and one passed her hidden which was saltie, not the desired genesis fur. My Ginger1 x Domino5 parental cats are at 97 days now and I worry that they will age out before any of their children provide definite answers. I would then move directly on to using their children for more test boxes, but it just goes to show how stubborn the cats are. Also, while I would love for Ginger 1 to hide Domino 5, my showns on boxes from that test have been running 50/50. :/

I've been swapping around Gen7s like mad and have 2 Patch2 boys that are also hiding Gen furs so they ought to be good for some forward progress, but nothing to report yet.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
05-22-2017, 12:39 PM
An update for your chart Ivy, Pearl II is dominant to Patch II (proof posted on the Genesis 2017 thread), that places Pearl II in the final order since we already know that Patch II is dominant to Patch I.
Running the Pearl II hiding Patch II girl against a Bandit II next week fingers crossed we get a Bandit II Smile. My Ginger II hiding Mocha II that I have been running against a Patch II boy and getting all Mocha II gave Ginger II this week so its looking very strong for Patch II being recessive to both od those, just need the cat I opened to pass her hidden Smile

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
05-22-2017, 11:54 PM
(02-26-2017 11:54 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Just an FYI, since I have all the new genesis furs in my starters I'll be starting tests between them once I have finished testing for hids. Its seperate to any testing between generations though. I'll start a seperate thread for it once I have something to post unless someone else beats me to it Smile

if you mean the gen II's from this season i have started on some but to be honest this gen testing is new to me and i will take all the help, advice and learning i can get

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
05-23-2017, 12:52 AM
(05-22-2017 11:54 PM)Ivy Lane Wrote:  
(02-26-2017 11:54 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Just an FYI, since I have all the new genesis furs in my starters I'll be starting tests between them once I have finished testing for hids. Its seperate to any testing between generations though. I'll start a seperate thread for it once I have something to post unless someone else beats me to it Smile

if you mean the gen II's from this season i have started on some but to be honest this gen testing is new to me and i will take all the help, advice and learning i can get

Yes I do mean the Gen II's from this year. Its slow going but so far we know that Ginger II is dominant to Mocha II and that Pearl II is dominant to Patch II. Testing is pretty much the same as any other cat, pop 2 cats with the desired test furs together, breed, pop the baby and hope they cooperated, lol. Lots of hoping going on Smile
The only 2 I have open to pull hids from is a Mocha II I hope hides Patch II and a Pearl II I hope hides Ginger II, if the cats cooperated that will establish order between those 4 just leaving Bandit II to slot in.
All help is appreciated as my success rate is so far 2 out 8 completed tests hiding Genesis fur, rest all hid a parents hid.

Forum Based Charts

06-05-2017, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 11:00 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Genesis Flame III is dominant to Genesis Smokey IV

Mom Orva shows Flame III
Dad Misi shows Black Bengal
Baby shows Smokey IV, proving Genesis Smokey IV is recessive to Flame III

Previously known
Genesis Flame III is most recessive of all Generation III
Genesis Smokey IV is most of all Generations IV
Genesis Flame IV is recessive to Genesis Domino III
Genesis Coco IV Is most dominant of Generations IV

suggested next test: Genesis Coco IV vs Flame III
who should I test Smokey IV against or can I menagerie him?

current actions:
menageried Orva and her brother Ron (proof in place)
kept Mom Cundry to test against Coco IV
Birthed Coco IV boy
Have a seperate test in place Smokey II vs Smokey IV. 1st child @ 13 days.
menageried dad Marybell Smokey IV (I'll pull him back out if someone thinks I should do a different test but I can't think of one right now)

[Image: 29cc51cd834105eed65cb41d76e821eb.png]

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
06-06-2017, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2017 06:00 AM by Ivy Norsk.)
Thanks Kayla for running this. I'm so glad that we have a new proof on the 4s.
You don't need to run your "suggested next test" of Coco 4 versus Flame 3, since Coco 4 is placed dominant to Diamond 3. Bree was able to confirm yesterday that Coco 4 is recessive to Coco 3. So Coco 4 is well and truly slotted into place.
I've added your proof to my little genesis graphic.

[Image: 35095013476_1f7216a9bf_b.jpg]Genesis Furs 6:5:17 by Ivy Norsk, on Flickr

As always, if you see any errors, let me know. Arwen suggested pulling the Pearl 2 out of "Placed", since Ginger and Mocha can now be placed, but we don't know the relations between Pearl 2 and those furs, except that they are all dominant to Patch 2.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)