Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The Genesis Project
05-01-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: The Genesis Project
I think it might be helpful to test bottoms (most recessive) and tops (most dominant) between years since we know what the order is within each year.
For example, I would test Smokey IV (most recessive of IV's) against Coco III (most dominant of III's). However, Smokey IV has been proven recessive to Domino III so we already know it is recessive to Coco III. So the next test would be to test Smokey IV against Smokey II to see if it is recessive to all the III's. If it is recessive to II, then the III's no longer need to be tested.

So I birthed a Smokey II boy and Smokey IV girl

However since Smokey is recessive to Domino III which is second most recessive of the III and only needs Flame III of the IIIs to be tested, I birthed a Genesis Flame III girl and a Genesis Smokey IV boy. That way if the Smokey IV is dominant to the Smokey II, it'll be in the works. Of course that's cuz I screwed up and birhted these two first and was too late to use the repacker. The other test was what I meant to do but my mind flipped things which it is wont to do.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
05-07-2017, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 07:21 AM by wildblueviolet Sunset.)
I have a proof that shows that Genesis odyssey 2 eyes are dominant to Genesis earth eyes and therefore all of the “second generation genesis eyes” are dominate to all of “original genesis eyes”.
[Image: 1006c32fb05ee753eadd9043a246a1b2.png]
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner
05-07-2017, 02:29 PM
OH HOORAY! I was so hoping somebody would do this one! Congrats!

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: wildblueviolet Sunset , Kayla Woodrunner
05-07-2017, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 02:36 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
this is a good idea wildblue violet. But maybe we should call this thread the Genesis Furs Project? and start one on Genesis Eyes Project? Eventually there should be a chart on the eyes similar to the fur one Ivy put up on the first post and it would be less confusing if the eyes had it's on thread. Do you think you could start a Genesis Eyes Project thread and put your chart over there too?

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
05-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Well she's proved it all. She just gave the only proof we need. We don't need a whole thread for one proof, unless we want to retroactively put all the gen eye proofs there. Not that that would be a bad idea to recollect and post the old proofs.

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
05-07-2017, 03:34 PM
true, but what if someone needs to look for the one eye proof that proves it all later? Maybe I'm being fussy but I remember when the aby ruddy mix up happened and searching through all the threads for different proofs. It's a lot easier when doing a search like that if you see a thread title and think aha it must be in there. Some people on a search would look at this thread, see the first few posts are furs and assume the rest are and go on.

although since I used to work in a library, I also like your idea of collecting all the gen eye proofs on one thread too. Makes a good reference place.

it's up to wildblue though. If she doesn't want to bother to start a new thread, that's understandable.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
05-07-2017, 08:44 PM
I'll make a thread Titled "Genesis Eye Project". It will make easier for people looking for that info and easier for any future Genesis Eye series.
05-09-2017, 04:46 AM
(05-07-2017 02:35 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  this is a good idea wildblue violet. But maybe we should call this thread the Genesis Furs Project? and start one on Genesis Eyes Project? Eventually there should be a chart on the eyes similar to the fur one Ivy put up on the first post and it would be less confusing if the eyes had it's on thread. Do you think you could start a Genesis Eyes Project thread and put your chart over there too?

I don't think chart like Ivy put up is necessary currently, as her chart is a working knowledge base to show current knowledge about order of gen traits and as long the the genesis page/tab of the forum based chart is updated to reflect that the order of genesis eyes been established. I'm not sure who does the updates. I did wonder if gen eye and fur each might be on differnt chart/tab in the forum based charts for clarity.
05-13-2017, 01:24 PM
I found myself getting confused this morning as to the genesis state of affairs and so I have done an updated chart which I believe reflects the current state of play. If anyone sees any errors let me know.

[Image: 11ljspv.jpg]

Commentary:

Regarding Genesis 4 (the Blue column 2014 furs):
First of all, I have total confidence in the internal order of the Gen 4s. And we need to do a big shout out to Aramis Gontineau who did all of the proofs singlehandedly. Yay!
But,
Regarding Genesis 4 x Genesis 3, I'd say this is kind of like the Pirate Code: they be guidelines more than rules. There's missing info on the pedigree proofs and the only one I'd swear to is the one I did myself which is Coco 4 > Diamond 3. I've marked the Coco 4 as placed, but ... the Coco 4 > Coco 3 proof notice on Saga, which appeared the day I posted my first gen furs chart here - I've never seen the proof and Bree hasn't seen the proof and it's kind of unclear where it came from. So I've been running that test again.

Regarding Genesis 5 (the Pink column 2015 furs):
All of the proofs for Gen 5 x Gen 3 are found, present solid etc. However, ouch, we can't find the placement proof for Diamond 5 x Smokey 5 itself. I'm redoing that one.

I thought we'd be further along on the Gen 7s by now but hey, we aren't.

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
05-14-2017, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2017 10:28 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
I'm still plugging away at the Gen 7's but been getting a lot hiding the starters hid instead of the Gen fur Sad, I have 3 breeding at the moment and several boxes awaiting opening pending results on these 3.
Update on the Domino 3 v Domino 4 test. They had their first box today and both decided to pass hidden furs. A rather pretty Russian Black but useless for my purposes, lol.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)