Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The Genesis Project
09-16-2017, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 08:14 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
RE: The Genesis Project
Oh Kayla I'm thrilled! You placed it!. I need to do a chart update myself. Things are really being whittled down. Arwen, poor Arwen, is stuck doing some confirmation proofs for things we think we already know but don't have a proof we can lay our hands on. I may just clean up the chart and put asterisks in those fields or something.
Updated Genesis Chart:
I have this nagging thought that I'm forgetting somebody's proof. We have only 6 furs unaccounted for.

[Image: 36433652754_f9c186f37a_b.jpg]

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
09-18-2017, 12:52 PM
And she finally gave it up.
I have confirmation that Domino IV is dominant to Flame III so the placement between Domino III and FLame III is correct Smile

[Image: 2d8452f164ff292e84f9bc913330863d.png]

Placement of Flame V and now smokey IV render the need for confirmation between those two useless so I had already abandonned that.
That just leaves me with Flame III looking dominant to Coco V since all the babies are flame III, first one breeds next Monday so fingers crossed she plays nice.
The other is Patch I v Bandit II am getting mixed results so have one of each breeding next week lets hope one gives us an answer.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Brunabug Nightfire
09-20-2017, 02:16 AM
(09-16-2017 07:22 PM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Updated Genesis Chart:
I have this nagging thought that I'm forgetting somebody's proof. We have only 6 furs unaccounted for.

I had a quick look at my chart and it seems to correspond to yours, 6 furs still to be placed so I don't think you have missed anything that was posted, of course I still haven't gone through Aramis' proofs, I have lent him a Diamond 2 but can't remember what he was testing, lol. I'm sure we will see in a month or so.
Thats the part I'm finding frustrating, 2 weeks for the cat to grow and produce a box we might want to check the hid on, then another 2 weeks waiting for that to grow up and then a result only if we are lucky. Lol. Am not known for my patience.

Forum Based Charts

09-20-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 10:20 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
If the pattern of placing 5s by earlier furs is indeed the case, 5Dia will end up either between 1Dia & 1Co or between 1Dom & 1Dia.

If the paired-fur pattern bears out, then 5Smo ought to be dominant to 2Co. (We already know 2Smo is dominant to 5Smo.)

HOWEVER, no matter how I poke at it, I don't see how all the 5s can be paired with an earlier version. 5Co cannot be paired with a Co, or 5Smo cannot be paired with a Smo.
09-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Okay, I *AM* missing one of Aramis' proofs: He did Diamond 5 > Smokey 4. Maybe he can put it on the forum. It would be a one-chart proof if he pulled the hidden from the last kitten in the line, but having been through the pedigree I do think he's proved the test.

LibGwen, yes, I don't think the 5s will line up with their earlier counterparts. Smokey 5 has no other Smokey to line up with for one thing.

I'm down to one test on my mat (Coco 2 x Smokey 5, and most of the tester boxes have come out showing Coco2 so I expect the Smokey 5 will be recessive).
I'm trying to get a handle on what to breed next.
Is anyone doing Diamond 2 x Diamond 4?
I have a live Smokey 5 going, but I need to re-check his age to see if it makes sense to open a new partner for him.
Maybe Diamond 5 x Diamond 1?
What are other people doing? I'll recheck Arwen's list.

09-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Aramis prof is in this thread, both in his long list and seperately in a reply to me about it. I think its the bottom one on the long list but not sure. It is however posted on page 9 of this thread post #87. It is one I looked at and agreed with Smile

Regarding tests check with Aramis because I passed him a diamond 2 a couple days ago to run tests. Ok checked my logs and he is planning on testing Diamond 4 and smokey 5 against diamond 2.

Currently just running the Patch 1 x Bandit 2 and the Flame 3 x Coco 5. Hoping for at least 1 result on Monday. Both id my cats are kind.

Trying to slot the diamond 5 in might be an idea since we have a range on it, knowing where it goes might help with the Flame 4 or vice versa if the flame 4 gets slotted in.

(09-20-2017 10:26 AM)Ivy Norsk Wrote:  Okay, I *AM* missing one of Aramis' proofs: He did Diamond 5 > Smokey 4. Maybe he can put it on the forum. It would be a one-chart proof if he pulled the hidden from the last kitten in the line, but having been through the pedigree I do think he's proved the test.

LibGwen, yes, I don't think the 5s will line up with their earlier counterparts. Smokey 5 has no other Smokey to line up with for one thing.

I'm down to one test on my mat (Coco 2 x Smokey 5, and most of the tester boxes have come out showing Coco2 so I expect the Smokey 5 will be recessive).
I'm trying to get a handle on what to breed next.
Is anyone doing Diamond 2 x Diamond 4?
I have a live Smokey 5 going, but I need to re-check his age to see if it makes sense to open a new partner for him.
Maybe Diamond 5 x Diamond 1?
What are other people doing? I'll recheck Arwen's list.

Forum Based Charts

09-21-2017, 01:32 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2017 01:36 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
I wrote a summary of his 5Dia > 4Smo proof in this post with references to the appropriate pictures: https://www.kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=28439&pid=121621#pid121621
09-25-2017, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 02:31 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Genesis - Coco V is recessive to Genesis - Flame III

Sheka a Flame 3 bred with Nectar a Coco 5
Their offspring was Macbeth a Flame 3.
She bred with Laochailan a Snowshoe - Bluepoint and they produced a Coco V.
Since Snowshoe Bluepoint is a traited fur and therefore recessive to all Genesis furs we know that the Coco V was Macbeths hidden,
Therefore Coco 5 is recessive to Flame 3 and all the remaining Genesis 4 & 5 furs now fall below the 3's.

[Image: bf5ed4d9802f3684b52a5d3f0eae8ba5.png]

Since I don't have any open Gen 1 or 2 boxes at the moment I'm finished with Sheka, Nectar and Macbeth so was wondering if anyone has use for them in testing. Sheka probably isn't much good but if anyone needs a Coco 5 boy Nectar still has a few breeds left in him and Macbeth is only 13 days old and a proven double gen. She might be handy because getting a fur other than Flame 3 or Coco 5 would prove dominance over Coco 5.
Aramis I'm thinking of you since you like to test with double gens Smile
If I don't hear I'll menagerie Sheka and Nectar but will pop Macbeth into the cattery for a couple of weeks just in case.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Aramis Gontineac
09-26-2017, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2017 12:02 PM by Aramis Gontineac.)
SMO 5 > FLA 4 and possibly DIA 4
The dad, Isabelle 11-01, shows DIA 4 AND hides FLA 4 inherited from Blancheneige 06, as prooved by Majella 09 (second picture below).
The mother, Vienna 05-02, shows SMO 2 (from starter Punky) AND hides SMO 5.
Their kitten, Vienna 05-02-08 shows SMO 5 and hides at least FLA 4 or possibly DIA 4 (which has to be prooven by breeding it).
[Image: 0791a-0a0f51aa-5bdf-465c-bf56-5037a0922ac5.png]

[Image: 0791a-1dd78359-c103-4060-965e-1b760fa3cdb7.png]

Taking in account Arween last proof and this one, ranking chart now looks like this :
[Image: 0791a-42cd55d2-0a5b-42d8-b2e3-809328d95f0d.png]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Arwen Swordthain
09-26-2017, 01:36 PM
Taking the second picture first: Diamond 5 can't hide Flame 4, that's been proven, and so the Flame 4 must have come from the other side: Isabelle 11-01 is showing Diamond 4 and hiding Flame 4.
In the first screen shot: Aramis mated a Smokey 2 (Punky) with a Smokey 5 (Vienna 05) and they produce a cat showing Smokey 2 (Vienna 05-02). When Vienna 05-02 is mated with Isabelle 11-01, the offspring pulls Vienna 05-02's hidden, the Smokey 5. Obviously the Smokey 5 must be covering the fur thrown by Isabelle - who is showing Diamond 4 and hiding Flame 4.
Ergo Smokey 5 > Flame 4 at least.

Thanks given by: Aramis Gontineac , Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)