Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Maneki KittyCat?
02-14-2017, 08:48 AM
Maneki KittyCat?
I have a white KittyCat called Steve that I keep at my in-world store as a sort of Maneki cat. I would love to have a *real* Maneki KittyCat for the same purpose, though. Is there such a thing?

On searching I came across this image:

https://kittycats.ws/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/kittycats-maneki-dreams-spring-2016.jpg

from Spring 2016.

I imagine these are no longer on sale, but what I was looking for is something that looks more like a real Maneki cat than these anyway.

Are such available?

If not, is it possible to make accessories for KittyCats I already own? For instance Steve would look much more like a Maneki cat if I could just make him a red collar with the golden symbol on it.

I know I could make the object, but how do you get it inside the KittyCat's inventory?

Any help appreciated :-)
Sylvia
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2017, 09:29 AM
RE: Maneki KittyCat?
You can probably find these on the secondary markets. The special babies were all megas and I saw a lot of those for sale.
Regarding collars, yes you can, you just need a collar kit from the mainstore. They used to be in the lobby bit I'm not sure but you can ask a CSR when you are there if you can't find one.
The kits come with full instructions on how to make a collar. To get your cat to wear one you simply rez it next to your cat and touch it then hit yes when asked if you want to apply to the cat. Check its the right cat of course Smile
All cats have a wardrobe click your cat then prims>clothes, if your cat has items applied you can see them here and show or hide them. To permanently remove anitem you need scissors which I believe are in the customer pavillion at the mainstore.
You can also make hats for your cats with kits from the store.
Many secondary markets have accessories stalls with collars and hats made by other breeders that you can purchase if you don't fancy making your own.
Hope this helps Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Sylvia Wasp
02-14-2017, 11:00 AM
(02-14-2017 09:29 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  You can probably find these on the secondary markets. The special babies were all megas and I saw a lot of those for sale.
Regarding collars, yes you can, you just need a collar kit from the mainstore. They used to be in the lobby bit I'm not sure but you can ask a CSR when you are there if you can't find one.
The kits come with full instructions on how to make a collar. To get your cat to wear one you simply rez it next to your cat and touch it then hit yes when asked if you want to apply to the cat. Check its the right cat of course Smile
All cats have a wardrobe click your cat then prims>clothes, if your cat has items applied you can see them here and show or hide them. To permanently remove anitem you need scissors which I believe are in the customer pavillion at the mainstore.
You can also make hats for your cats with kits from the store.
Many secondary markets have accessories stalls with collars and hats made by other breeders that you can purchase if you don't fancy making your own.
Hope this helps Smile

Cool. thanks so much.
I like making things so I will go the "make the collar" route for sure. It would be nice if I could mod the cat to have red inner ears and paws etc. but I think the "white cat with obvious Maneki collar" should be enough to make it obvious why Steve is there in the store.

Thanks again :-)

Sylvia
02-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Okay, so further on this topic ...

I went to get the cat collar kit and they have multiple items with different numbers of collars on them? what's that all about?

I can only assume that a kit with a "20" on it only allows me to make 20 collars? And that they would then have to be non-copyable? How can this be true?

This would mean that people are *dis-allowed* from making accessories or clothes for KittyCats without paying a FEE to KittyCats Inc.?

Why? What could possibly be the justification for that?
Someone please tell me this disgusting, shameful version of events isn't true!

:-(

Sylvia
02-15-2017, 05:04 PM
Trolling again, huh?

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk , HikariItsumo Resident
02-16-2017, 05:31 AM
Hi,

The numbers on the packaging are how many collars you can make with that kit. Some people just want to make one for their pet or a few... others may want to make them to resell which is why we make 10 and 20 packs.

When you purchase our kit... you are buying a collar you can put on your cat, and it will work with all the animations and also have the ability to be stored in the cat's "closet." (stores up to 11 items)

Hope this explains why we charge for the kit. You can of course make anything for your cats, and put them on your cat in any pose position... some do that with clothing or wings or all sorts of creative outfits to dress up their cats. But things like that can't be attached to the cat and would not be scripted to work with the various functions. (however it's really cute Smile )

hope this helps clarify the collar kits for you.

In summary...
1. We sell collars in various designs which can be applied to the cats and are compatible with all our features.

2. We sell kits that allow you to create your own custom collar design AND those collars are scripted so that they will work with our cats, just like the collars we make.

3. Some people buy the 20 packs and have "collar businesses" or accessory businesses (we have hats too) and they are not copiable. They pay us per item and sell them for a price they decide. (our kits cost less than our designed collars)

Hope that clarifies and good luck making your collar!
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , HikariItsumo Resident , Arwen Swordthain
02-17-2017, 02:51 PM
With 'real' maneki, do you mean kittycat-collection like these:
https://kittycats.ws/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Snapshot_025.png ? I think they came out during KC first year

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)