Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Web Market Kitty Pictures?
02-06-2017, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 07:55 PM by Evolving Yin.)
Web Market Kitty Pictures?
I know the threads regarding the profiler issues have been closed, but I miss being able to see the cats I was looking for on the web market. I am wondering where negotiations stand on this matter? Is there any chance KittyCatS will approve the pictures? It does make it easier for breeders to quickly identify traits on a cat. I don't always have time to pull it up on another site like Build A Cat, the KittyCatS pages, or to tp to all the different cat locations.

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: TerrorMisu Resident , Emilia Darkwatch
02-07-2017, 12:06 PM
RE: Web Market Kitty Pictures?
I could speculate on this and talk possible legal angles, but it's all just wind. It would be helpful to the community I think if KittyCatS could make some kind of public policy statement about 3rd party database users and the terms surrounding use.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Lane , Evolving Yin , Oselkhandro Resident , Shamu077 Resident , Rene Marseille , Mirsoul Resident , TerrorMisu Resident
02-18-2017, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2017 09:34 AM by Shamu077 Resident.)
(02-06-2017 07:43 PM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  I know the threads regarding the profiler issues have been closed, but I miss being able to see the cats I was looking for on the web market. I am wondering where negotiations stand on this matter? Is there any chance KittyCatS will approve the pictures? It does make it easier for breeders to quickly identify traits on a cat. I don't always have time to pull it up on another site like Build A Cat, the KittyCatS pages, or to tp to all the different cat locations.

Now the Original Profiler has a version that will not display pics on the profiler, and I am being told that any profilers I use in my shops must not display the pic of the cat that I own. This is another Kittycat decision I assume, although they are being silent about it here. So forget about third party scripts that display a KC photo.
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
03-06-2017, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 10:43 AM by TerrorMisu Resident.)
I'd like to see that too! Lots of us "visual folks" out there! Oh! Perhaps KC would let us vote on it, as a community! lol Angel
(02-06-2017 07:43 PM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  Is there any chance KittyCatS will approve the pictures? It does make it easier for breeders to quickly identify traits on a cat.

~terrormisu

NEW LISTINGS exclusively on Torgon's WebMarket: https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?own...20Resident

Shop Inworld: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ca...227/23/651
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin
03-06-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 12:22 PM by Ivy Norsk.)
If they are enforcing with DMCAs a ban on database scraped pictures, then they are enforcing it.
Something that they have never objected to is the flickr or other personal pictures of cats, which help to serve as advertising. Once, long ago, there used to be a KittyCatS wiki, using people's own snapshots. If such an independent database could be put together, it might help fill the gap.

We do, of course, still have Tad's Build-A-Cat.

It would also help if KittyCatS themselves would update their Our Cats section with the missing Collection cats.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , Evolving Yin
03-07-2017, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 02:51 AM by Emilia Darkwatch.)
Yes it was convenient to be able to see pictures, I agree there. But when it comes to copyright and using someone elses work to make profit, I think a line has to be drawn. It seems alright when the images are used for none profit, hence some things are able to make use of it. When it comes to profilers, as they are profit making, it is quite different. Also, one profiler type is still using part of the image, the shadow, which belongs to KittyCatS. Infact it even uses the trade name "KittyCatS" also

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , JC Aferdita

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)