Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Web Market sortable by price!
01-28-2017, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 03:32 AM by Rene Marseille.)
Web Market sortable by price!
Hi Everyone!

The Web Market is now sortable by price, here are the cheapest cats:
http://kittycats.info/market?sort=asc&order=Price

For those who still think that it is not a good idea to show prices: Why do people go lower with their prices? Because they can't sell their cats with the prices they had before. Why are they not able to sell? Because nobody can see that there is a cat with a great price. If you can't sell a cat for 500, you go lower to 400, then 300, 200 etc. not because it is worth less but because people can't see the price. How can you stop them? By buying their cats and encouraging them that the cat is worth more. By doing this, you will also remove the cheapest prices from the market and the average price increases and you get a cat that in your opinion is worth more than what you paid. See, all good!

KittyCatS Web Market: http://kittycats.info/market
Gridwide Auction Calendar: http://kittycats.info/auctions
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MoonHowler Snowpaw , Arella Ohmai , Certified Lunasea , Ellen Ireland
01-28-2017, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2017 04:30 PM by Arella Ohmai.)
RE: Cheapest Cats on the Web Market!
Before anyone gets up in arms over this nice feature...
I want to point out that I noticed all cats will display on the webmarket with or without the price.
Once sorted by price the ones without prices set are removed from view.
So if you don't want to put prices in then your cat will still display, but I'm sure many people will want to use the sort by price option so might be in best interest to enter prices.
Happy Kitty Selling Everyone!

Come grab a cat at Kitten Haven!
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille
01-28-2017, 04:47 PM
Rene, I have a surprise for you. Steady, solid, well-rounded breeders (like myself and most in KC community) aren't looking for "cheap" cats! WE want quality cats, full stop!! Although cheap cats may be a good idea in theory, I fail to understand how low prices are relevant to solid breeding! This pricing strategy, you boast, does just that... "cheapens" the kitties! Watering them down, so to speak, to a lesser quality bred cat. A strategy best reserved for folks desperate to sell cats. I never have a problem selling cats, and my breeder friends established in this communnity don't either, with or without your profilers. I stand behind my own strategy of breeding top notch kitties and will always demand a price for my hard work and efforts! At the end of the day, I want the kitties I buy to give me great kitties! AND, I am willing to pay dearly for that option. By the same token, for the price, I want to leave my customers satisfied. Cheaper cars dont mean better cars! They are what they are...CHEAP cars!

~terrormisu

NEW LISTINGS exclusively on Torgon's WebMarket: https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?own...20Resident

Shop Inworld: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ca...227/23/651
 Thanks given by: Draco Nacht , Priestess Firanelli , Eleanor8 Resident , Ron Heartsong , Theodore Nacht , Rayne Morningstar , Ivy Lane , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Fuyutsuki Resident , Cloe Osterham , Gib Bagley , Unicorn Blackburn , Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain , Olgita Ruby
01-28-2017, 04:57 PM
I wanted to say thanks Rene simple as that I appreciate you continuing the profilers and even extending a olive branch to Callie trying to work with her on the copyright. I hope to continue to see the profilers evolve. I know personally I find them to be a boon to my breeding and a teaching tool to help me better understand! Kittycats.

Heart Vote Arella Cause you Vote Counts! The vote for Arella initiative is not sanctioned by Arella are Arella's constituents Heart
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Arella Ohmai , Jaylinbridges Resident , Shamu077 Resident
01-28-2017, 05:00 PM
This clearly is NOT an olive branch! its clearly undermining Callie and this entire kittycat community!
(01-28-2017 04:57 PM)JenniferShelby Resident Wrote:  I wanted to say thanks Rene simple as that I appreciate you continuing the profilers and even extending a olive branch to Callie trying to work with her on the copyright. I hope to continue to see the profilers evolve. I know personally I find them to be a boon to my breeding and a teaching tool to help me better understand! Kittycats.

~terrormisu

NEW LISTINGS exclusively on Torgon's WebMarket: https://torgon.info/manage/#!/kccats?own...20Resident

Thanks given by: Draco Nacht , Aubreygrace Starlight , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Cloe Osterham , Arwen Swordthain
01-28-2017, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2017 05:04 PM by Arella Ohmai.)
I have stayed out of the profiler drama so far, but I have to add my 2 cents on this.
We don't all have tons of money to spend on cats. Flat out. Many people earn a little extra L here and there and go out in search of a cute cat at a lower price. Many people breed for the fun of it infact, just because the two cats looked cute and they wanted to see what they would make. If you wish to have 'high quality' bred cats then go to people you know and trust to have bred to the standard of quality you are looking for. I for one have bred cats for years now and I price my cats normally in the range of 50L to 200L unless it is a newer trait or something I personally find to be drawn to because of how it looks. My prices are based on my value of the cats, it is not because they are badly bred or because they are 'cheap cats' which translate to worthless it seems in your books. They are priced so that everyone has a chance at taking home a cat they like, not just so the high end cat breeders get to hoard all the 'good' cats in their cattery and price them out of the range of the everyday folks.

I'm sorry, saying that your cats are better because they are priced higher and cheap cats are lesser in value is rude and offensive to those of us in this for the fun of it all. Lets face it I sell 2 cat for 170L each that is 1 month of food for that breeding pair and in that month they can make me 4 more boxes so I think I can part with some of them for 170L or cheaper and have plenty to buy more kibble for my cats.

Come grab a cat at Kitten Haven!
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Rene Marseille , Pancake Littlepaws , Jaylinbridges Resident , Shamu077 Resident , Ellen Ireland , Azure Demina , Brie Reverie
01-28-2017, 05:02 PM
(01-28-2017 04:47 PM)TerrorMisu Resident Wrote:  Rene, I have a surprise for you. Steady, solid, well-rounded breeders (like myself and most in KC community) aren't looking for "cheap" cats! WE want quality cats, full stop!! Although cheap cats may be a good idea in theory, I fail to understand how low prices are relevant to solid breeding! This pricing strategy, you boast, does just that... "cheapens" the kitties! Watering them down, so to speak, to a lesser quality bred cat. A strategy best reserved for folks desperate to sell cats. I never have a problem selling cats, and my breeder friends established in this communnity don't either, with or without your profilers. I stand behind my own strategy of breeding top notch kitties and will always demand a price for my hard work and efforts! At the end of the day, I want the kitties I buy to give me great kitties! AND, I am willing to pay dearly for that option. By the same token, for the price, I want to leave my customers satisfied. Cheaper cars dont mean better cars! They are what they are...CHEAP cars!

I think you didn't get my point though, nobody said you want cheap cats. If you want quality cats you can get them too, but that has nothing to do with showing or hiding the prices.

01-28-2017, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2017 05:08 PM by TerrorMisu Resident.)
Arella! YOU understand my point exactly! Thanks for that!

(01-28-2017 05:00 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  I have stayed out of the profiler drama so far, but I have to add my 2 cents on this.
We don't all have tons of money to spend on cats. Flat out. Many people earn a little extra L here and there and go out in search of a cute cat at a lower price. Many people breed for the fun of it infact, just because the two cats looked cute and they wanted to see what they would make. If you wish to have 'high quality' bred cats then go to people you know and trust to have bred to the standard of quality you are looking for. I for one have bred cats for years now and I price my cats normally in the range of 50L to 200L unless it is a newer trait or something I personally find to be drawn to because of how it looks. My prices are based on my value of the cats, it is not because they are badly bred or because they are 'cheap cats' which translate to worthless it seems in your books. They are priced so that everyone has a chance at taking home a cat they like, not just so the high end cat breeders get to hoard all the 'good' cats in their cattery and price them out of the range of the everyday folks.

I'm sorry, saying that your cats are better because they are priced higher and cheap cats are lesser in value is rude and offensive to those of us in this for the fun of it all. Lets face it I sell 2 cat for 170L each that is 1 month of food for that breeding pair and in that month they can make me 4 more boxes so I think I can part with some of them for 170L or cheaper and have plenty to buy more kibble for my cats.

~terrormisu

01-28-2017, 05:18 PM
While this certainly sounds like a great convenience for those who wish to buy something as inexpensively as possible (and I have been one of those buyers at various points in my KittyCatS career), it fails to understand some of the driving forces behind our community's cohesion and success.

The price sorting does enable you to nab a trait as cheaply as possible--much like shopping on Amazon--and provides convenience. However, for a great many things, it's better to regularly patronize trusted breeders who can provide customer service and additional benefits...

As an auctioneer for almost six years in KC, I've been blessed to meet hundreds of sellers, all asking me "How should I price this cat?" My answer is what it's always been: Price it as low as you can stand to part with it. If you feel robbed selling it for 500, start it at 600. I don't ask them, "Is someone else selling this cat for less?" I don't tell them it's better to sell at a discount than to "no sale."

In my experience, top breeders and those who aspire to be a top breeder value their work, their bloodlines, and their customers. They provide additional services to customers paying a fair price for a great cat, including but not limited to breeding advice, encouragement, mentorship, and often even discounts on additional cats from the same bloodline. I've even been given (as a customer) free hiders and even showers of highly desirable traits because I developed a relationship as a regular buyer with that breeder. Moreover, in developing these relationships, I've revealed my favorite traits and combinations, and sometimes I'll receive a random gift of a cat that particularly suits my fancy because that breeder just knows what I love, saw the cat, and thought, "He'd buy this anyway; it belongs with him."

You can sell at volume, potentially, by utilizing this system, and if that suits your needs, and you're in KCs exclusively to make money, then this is all to the good.

However, if you are here for the experience, I hope anyone reading this will feel no pressure to price low just to get noticed. Customers who want the VIP treatment will continue to pay a few hundred lindens more, not just to secure the best buyer experience but to reward excellence in their community.

I do predict that this development may result in a "buy low-sell high" situation as opportunistic sellers snatch up the lowest priced entries to resell at a higher price--which will be the lowest once they eliminate the previous top results. These cats will not be sold by their original breeder, and the customer service will suffer as a result. I will be more wary of this as a buyer going forward. This seems to suggest we'll see a fresh rash of it, though the phenomenon is by no means new.

Thanks given by: TerrorMisu Resident , Draco Nacht , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Priestess Firanelli , Fuyutsuki Resident , HikariItsumo Resident , Cloe Osterham , Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain , Minx Diabolito , Susannah Luminos , Emilia Darkwatch
01-28-2017, 05:20 PM
@TerrorMisu: I don't think that you understood her point though.

(01-28-2017 05:05 PM)TerrorMisu Resident Wrote:  Arella! YOU understand my point exactly! Thanks for that!

(01-28-2017 05:00 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  I have stayed out of the profiler drama so far, but I have to add my 2 cents on this.

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)