Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The KittyCats population is too big in SL?
01-25-2017, 03:50 AM
The KittyCats population is too big in SL?
Hello, don't you find that the KittyCats population is too big for SL now?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2017, 08:33 AM
RE: The KittyCats population is too big in SL?
Yes.
It has been for years.
KittyCats introduced the menagerie cats (the tigers, giraffes, and confettis) as a mechanism to get more people to turn more cats into menagerie and get them off the grid.
While I have used the menagerie a lot, I know that I personally hoard too many boxes. It can be hard to let go of them.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
01-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Kittycats is a lot of fun. I have been breeding for 4 years now, and I always am seeing new faces at the mainstore, in group or at auctions. It's a very popular bredable in SL. They are addicting and a lot of fun, not sure how it can be "too big", it's just like everything in life, things grow or die out and kittycats has grown.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
01-26-2017, 01:35 PM
Yes, from a marketing point of view, the supply is WAY too large. No one should really expect to make money from breeding KittyCatS. Even so, they are still a lot of fun, and the "puzzle" of breeding them for special traits is addictive. I have thousands of boxes hoarded right now, even though I menagerie almost anything below 6T. It is easy to get attached to them as if they were real.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Draven Schapire , Theodore Nacht
01-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Personally, I do not think it is really possible to make any sorts of "living money" off of any breedable. There are a few reasons behind this....

First, like someone said, supply and demand. When a new trait comes out, it goes for an insane amount that no one can afford. But then, eventually, as the trait is bred over and over again, there becomes an abundance of said trait. This, that trait you paid 200 real life dollars for is now worth, one penny. It is just the nature of breedables. Me, for example, I do not breed to sell, although, I have opened a store just to sell my surplus. I breed to make megapuss in trait combinations that I personally like. Which is why I sometimes get an abundance. With megapuss going for thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars. Over 20 RL dollars, for someone who is broke like me IRL, breeding in this method just makes sense for me. So I get two cats that will supply me with the mixture of traits I want, and breed until I get my megapuss....

Second, competition. Even if people did use the menagerie system more, there are tons of cat stores out there, equaling a ton of competition.

Third, is the cost of keeping a breedable. I find food across all breedable companies are pretty much the same. A lot of people have many cats they breed at once, thus, food costs add up. Which eats heavily into profits. Add milk and other vitamins if you wish, and your profit margin drops more.

Then there are the cost of the cats themselves. Don't get me wrong, I love these cats. I really do. They mean so much to me, and in a lot of instances, they are kind of like real life to me. I really care about and for them. But, at the same time, at the end of the day, they are digital cats. An item that can poof in an instant if second life decides to close (as is in their TOS). Thus, people like me, are not going to spend 40 real life dollars on a cat, when we have to weigh putting food on the RL table vs/ buying a digital cat.

I agree with those who have stated they are in this for the fun of it, and for the puzzle of what you will get. KittyCats is a lot of fun. They are very interactive. They give a completeness to one's second life, due to their beauty in design, and realism in scripting. I always knew I would never make money breeding. But that's ok with me. I love the kitties for what they are. And that will never change <3
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)