Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

How does cattery food work?
01-20-2017, 03:49 AM
How does cattery food work?
Hello!

I have looked all over the forum and the manual to see how food works in the cattery.

Tonight I uploaded 14 cats to the cattery and bought them one unit of kibble and now it looks like they are getting more hungry and not using that food. Perhaps there's a lag time before they eat? And how long should that food last? How does it compare with rezzed bowls in time and volume?

Anyone have more details on how this works?

Thanks from a nervous cat mama! https://kittycats.ws/forum/images/smilies/heart.gif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Winter Phoenix
01-20-2017, 07:01 AM
RE: How does cattery food work?
Over long terms (weeks, months) there should be no difference in how sleep/wake, love, energy, food/milk, etc., 'work'.

Over short term (two days or less) you should expect no 'difference' but may be able to note slight 'variation'.

In-world cats each have their own 'clock'. But those in the cattery share a single, master clock. So, some things will 'tick' at different rates, and you may notice the same 'tick' effects all your cats at once.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Theodore Nacht , Lillie Vella
01-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Oo, now this is an interesting clue! It certainly will help me to start unraveling the mystery of how things are moving here in the cattery.

Thank you! :-)
01-21-2017, 08:08 AM
Also don't forget your cats won't eat when they are sleeping so hunger will increase naturally as they sleep in the cattery just as it does inworld Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Lillie Vella
01-21-2017, 02:32 PM
(01-21-2017 08:08 AM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Also don't forget your cats won't eat when they are sleeping so hunger will increase naturally as they sleep in the cattery just as it does inworld Smile

Ooo! This is a huge clue and explains why their hunger seems to bounce around. Thank you! https://kittycats.ws/forum/images/smilies/heart.gif
01-21-2017, 04:51 PM
(01-20-2017 03:49 AM)Lillie Vella Wrote:  Hello!

I have looked all over the forum and the manual to see how food works in the cattery.

Tonight I uploaded 14 cats to the cattery and bought them one unit of kibble and now it looks like they are getting more hungry and not using that food. Perhaps there's a lag time before they eat? And how long should that food last? How does it compare with rezzed bowls in time and volume?

Thanks from a nervous cat mama! https://kittycats.ws/forum/images/smilies/heart.gif

I wanted to add also - 1 regular food bowl for 14 cats is not going to last them long at all. It will last 2 days at the most (assuming none of the cats were already hungry when introduced to the bowl in the cattery).

The formula for figuring out food consumption for breeding cats is:

# of bowls x 28 days / # of cats = how long the bowls last

So 1 bowl x 28 days / 14 cats = 2 days

This applies to bowls in world and in the cattery - there is no difference in the rate of consumption based on location.

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Lillie Vella , Jelly Supply , Arwen Swordthain
01-21-2017, 08:13 PM
(01-21-2017 04:51 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  
(01-20-2017 03:49 AM)Lillie Vella Wrote:  Hello!

I wanted to add also - 1 regular food bowl for 14 cats is not going to last them long at all. It will last 2 days at the most (assuming none of the cats were already hungry when introduced to the bowl in the cattery).

The formula for figuring out food consumption for breeding cats is:

# of bowls x 28 days / # of cats = how long the bowls last

So 1 bowl x 28 days / 14 cats = 2 days

This applies to bowls in world and in the cattery - there is no difference in the rate of consumption based on location.

Hi Kitten,

Thanks for this info and you answered my biggest question which was the rate of consumption based on location. Thankfully they are all too old to breed and so they won't go through it as fast. I have really loved having them all running around, but for a bit I need to keep them safely stored so this is working out perfectly. I am so impressed with the cattery, I am going to pull my boxes out of inventory and upload those too!

I can't say enough how much I appreciate that you chimed in on my question, thank you! https://kittycats.ws/forum/images/smilies/heart.gif
01-22-2017, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 02:27 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Hello Lillie. Please forgive me for being a little late in replying to your post. Although I am sure that you have the answer that you need, please allow me to recount an experience from thirteen years ago.

This is Lucy, a delightful King Charles Spaniel, that lived with my family for thirteen love-filled and happy years.

Link to Lucy on Flickr

When our family first took Lucy in, when she was just a few months old, she was very small and insecure. She wouldn’t eat for the first few days. As you may guess, all of our family were fraught with worry and so we took her to the vets to check that she was all right. The vet just smiled and comforted us: he explained that no healthy animal would ever knowingly starve when there was sufficient food available. We left reassured and, as you may guess, slightly later Lucy began to eat. I guess KittyCatS are no different: they WILL eat when they want.

I hope that you enjoy rearing your family of KittyCatS. It’s a fun and rewarding hobby and I am sure that you will gain a great deal of amusement from them all.

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Lillie Vella

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)