KittyCats History Website (Bad Mistake)
01-16-2017, 02:50 AM
KittyCats History Website (Bad Mistake)
Hi Everyone,

RE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

I was looking up when an eye was discovered and came upon this:

(1) Odyssey Bellini (eyes) Easter 2016, April 27, 2016

(2) Odyssey Bellini Winter 2011 Mimos Lane

No wonder our new breeders get so confused about things when even the so-called experts can't get it right. One has to then wonder if there are any other mistakes.

Rheaven
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2017, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 05:04 AM by Reven Rosca.)
RE: KittyCats History Website (Bad Mistake)
I can only see Ody Bellini listed correctly as found in 2011 and retired in 2016 on both the overall and the eyes page. Can you please point me to the error?

(01-16-2017 02:50 AM)Rheaven Resident Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

No wonder our new breeders get so confused about things when even the so-called experts can't get it right. One has to then wonder if there are any other mistakes.

Rheaven

Overview page, found traits Winter 2011
[Image: 547751395e32bc3f1d6082f6c75dc12d.png]

Overview page, retired traits Easter 2016
[Image: 970d480ff5263d5f4ac84593b16ba750.png]

Eyes page, found eyes Winter 2011
[Image: b8933bf474647977b27a9c83e285b979.png]

(01-16-2017 04:46 AM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  I can only see Ody Bellini listed correctly as found in 2011 and retired in 2016 on both the overall and the eyes page. Can you please point me to the error?

(01-16-2017 02:50 AM)Rheaven Resident Wrote:  Hi Everyone,

Rheaven

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , HappyDaize Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Lixy Byron , Rheaven Resident
01-16-2017, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 05:10 AM by Dimpz Morane.)
Not sure why you felt the need to make an issue of this. Why not just point out the supposed error to the person who maintains the website in a private message? I am sure they would have thanked you.
No one is perfect we all make typing errors Undecided
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire , Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain , Lixy Byron , Dottie Idlemind , Rheaven Resident
01-16-2017, 06:06 AM
If you are looking Kittycats History page
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DzxGi9qC1gbEsPkZOMiyYd_tpcp9ZXGrs-kVZvRzjtI/edit#gid=0

I am seeing what Reven is seeing

on the top half of the main page, line 177, under discoveries
Odyssey Bellini Winter 2011 Mimos Lane

on the bottom quarter of the main page, line 434, under when retired
Odyssey Bellini (eyes) Easter 2016, April 27, 2016

So yes Ody Bell is mentioned twice but one is a discovery date and who discovered it and the other is the retirement date

Although in this case she did not make an error, even if she did make a typo and type something twice, it's managed by a volunteer who puts her own time into it and is kind enough to share it with the public, so honestly I feel you should be grateful instead of angry if you are using the spreadsheet. If you see an error, just point it out kindly to her and give the correct info.

I for one really appreciate all the time and effort she put into creating the history page, putting in the discovery dates and retirement dates. It's been a really useful document for me and I refer other people to it. It amazes all the work individual people put into creating reference documents on Kittycats and how tremendously helpful those documents are. Other breedables just don't have that.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Brunabug Nightfire , Reven Rosca , Draco Nacht , MissSasha Topaz , Theodore Nacht , Arwen Swordthain , Alassariah Resident , Lixy Byron , Dottie Idlemind , Rheaven Resident
01-18-2017, 12:54 AM
To All Who Replied,

Thank you all so much, I see where I made the mistake and I apologise for my post.

It had come to me via a new breeder who was saying I was wrong, that the Odyssey Bellini was a new eye, I saw the (2016) post and thought OMG...I should have taken the time to see what list it was under and that was my bad.

I am glad it wasn't a mistake Smile

Take Care All.
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca , Dimpz Morane
01-19-2017, 05:22 PM
That's cool that you apologized. The person who does the history charts reads the forum as it's another place where new stuff shows up so I'm sure they'll see the apology too.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Theodore Nacht , Rheaven Resident , Arwen Swordthain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)