Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

figuring out Confetti hid tutorial
01-15-2017, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 11:28 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
figuring out Confetti hid tutorial
Well tutorial might be a misnomer since it's more a tutorial for me. I am hoping someone can check my math.

It's hard with Confetti cats because you get so few confettis that figuring out the hid is a challenge. Now that there is a strong basic form to the dominance, I am going to try to tease out one of my earliest lines.

I started out with oyanne and Achu who had 2 plum children

Joyanne shows Cocoberry
Achu shows Cocoberry
Havalu shows Plumberry
This means both parents threw their hid. One parents' hid is Plumberry and the other's is Plum or more recessive.
[Image: e2ed17b55391520b1d48df7f817fd0ca.png]

Full sibling sister “Plum” also showed Plumberry. Was traded to Eleanor for an Appleberry which will show up later.

In addition Achu had 2 Cocoberry children, 1 unbirthed. His other cocoberry child is Pendleton
In addition Joyanne had a Cocoberry child, given or traded

Now I'm going to follow Pendleton for a bit. Pendleton was a father daughter breed as I put Achu together with his daughter Havalah

Havalah and Achu have a child Pendleton

Havalah shows Plumberry (could be from either Joyanne or Achu)
Achu shows Cocoberry
Pendleton shows Cocoberry from Achu and hides Havalah’s shown or hid

[Image: 0bed0895b169aa9c858994e11433cf80.png]

Havalah shows Plumberry (could be from either Joyanne or Achu)
Achu shows Cocoberry
Pendleton shows Cocoberry from Achu and hides Havalah’s shown or hid. Still don’t know which.

Havalah and Achu had another Cocoberry child, given away.
Havalah and Esdras have a Grapeberry child Pickless. This means Havalah has a hid of Grapeberry or more recessive. What is interesting is Esdras is Phil’s child who is the child of Pendleton so Esdras is Havalah’s great grandson. But we’ll get there sooner or later.

So since there was forewarning that we need to get to Esdras, Havalah's great grandson to mate back to her, let's follow Pendleton as he begat Phil who begat Esdras.

Pendleton had 3 kids
1 Cocoberry girl Evonna with Wynnie (cocoberry starter) [Evonna had 2 Cocoberry children, boxed) so no info on Evonna's hid
Note on Wynnie (starter had 3 children, 1 Cocoberry box given away, Evonna and Phil)
1 cocoberry girl with Evonna, sold
1 Plumberry boy Phil with Wynnie

Mom Wynnie shows Cocoberry
Dad Pendleton shows Cocoberry from Dad, hides Plumberry or more recessive from Mom
Baby Phil shows Plumberry. Could be from either Wynnie or Pendleton. Just because Pendleton's mom shows Plumberry doesn't mean that's the hid he got from his mom even if it shows on a kid. Since Wynnie is a starter, the Plum could come from her. This is why getting so little data (few confetti boxes) drives me crazy.

[Image: 5abc7a4f370437f950d66f89ebd4483b.png]

Phil had 1 child Esdras

Mom Patch is from Eleanor and shows Appleberry (Remember I traded Havalah's full sibling for an Appleberry from Eleanor? This is it)
Phil shows Plumberry
Baby Esdras shows Appleberry, losing Plumberry so gets Phil’s hid. Phil's hid could come from mother Wynnie or from grandmom Havalah. Phil's hid can be Appleberry or more recessive since Appleberry shows on Esdras.
There is a proof under the Appleberry/Plumberry thread that two Plumberry's had an Appleberry child so for sure Plumberry is dom to Appleberry

[Image: c35174d431d481f763813da25d9c3835.png]

Since Phil only had the one confetti child, no other data can be gotten from siblings. Not that siblings have been helpful so far.

Esdras has 4 confetti children so I was happy with him. He made up fro his dad Phil who had only the one.
[Image: 91e0d149d4fc1769e4376d5f7f9d9fc6.png]

I mated him back to his greatgrandmother Havalah

Havalah shows Plumberry
Esdras shows Appleberry
Baby Pickless shows Grapeberry
So Havalah and Esdras hide Grapeberry or more recessive

[Image: a7d0129a6af90fd190651cce195b8008.png]

Now if Esdras got the Apple from Patches, the puzzle is solved. Achu has Plumberry hid and Havalah has Grapeberry hid.

But I can't be 100% sure but I think it's likely.

Patch came from Eleanor's Iris and Zippy.
[Image: 6cf33754bc29e3e8eb55c1601b16533d.png]

I found this chart from an early post on confetti by Eleanor

[Image: wmm55k.jpg]

So Iris with Bungle produced an Appleberry. She has a 50% chance of having Appleberry unless she's the hid.
And Zippy with Bo produced an Appleberry so he also has a 50% chance of having Appleberry. One of them for sure has Appleberry hid but maybe both do. There is a chance that Patch was that rare bird at the time, a pure Appleberry.

In which case I solved my puzzle. ... unless Patch is not pure and so hid Grape or more recessive. Since Patch only had the one confetti child, I have no other child to test against. Bonks my head on the wall. This is why confettis drive me crazy.

I did pair Esdras with his daughter Pickless and got back a Grapeberry as well as an Appleberry. His Appleberry daughter did end up giving me a mega Grapeberry against another starter. Never did find out what that starter hid but loved the mega.

Maybe tutorial is a misnomer. What would you call this? A maybe solved mystery. Like in a Film Noir when the hero walks away and you think, I'm not so sure what is the truth here.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain
01-16-2017, 06:00 AM
RE: figuring out Confetti hid tutorial
You can call it the reason why Confettis make Reven's eyes spin!
I'm still confused.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
01-16-2017, 06:17 AM
Laughing, thank you Reven. I'm glad I'm not the only one that Confettis makes whirly!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain
01-16-2017, 01:14 PM
OMG Kayla, your brain must be screaming for a rest after all the confetti staring you have done this weekend. When I'm more awake I will read this carefully but my heads spinning just glancing at it. lol.
And they make me whirly too.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner
01-16-2017, 02:55 PM
Call it Arella LOL
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
01-16-2017, 04:41 PM
(01-16-2017 02:55 PM)Arella Ohmai Wrote:  Call it Arella LOL

LMAO. She totally should. Confetti gives me the same headache your cognac proof did.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Arella Ohmai , Kayla Woodrunner
01-16-2017, 05:39 PM
=P we are great exercise for your mind!
take 1 a month and you shall be go to go on the mind workout for the month lol
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
01-16-2017, 05:40 PM
I also vote for this being called Arella which brings it to 3 votes!
 Thanks given by: Arella Ohmai , Kayla Woodrunner
01-16-2017, 07:25 PM
I love the idea that it's a mental workout. We can charge people for the Arella Mind Workout Proof Retreat guaranteed to raise your IQs or give you the whirlies, whichever comes first. Whirlies are free, compliments of the charts.

Laughing.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
01-16-2017, 07:32 PM
(01-16-2017 07:25 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  I love the idea that it's a mental workout. We can charge people for the Arella Mind Workout Proof Retreat guaranteed to raise your IQs or give you the whirlies, whichever comes first. Whirlies are free, compliments of the charts.

Laughing.

Huh Undecided Huh Sad Huh Angry Angry Exclamation Idea Big Grin Heart Angel

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)