Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Develop a new, FREE use, Kittycats' Profiler and Market pages
01-15-2017, 07:55 PM
Heart Develop a new, FREE use, Kittycats' Profiler and Market pages
We all have our own opinions relative to the drama that's gone on in the Kittycats community recently.
This thread is not intended as a place for any more of that, so please lets not go there. Angel

What I would like to suggest is that Kittycats consider scripting and setting up their own profile style boards for pedigree displays,
and offer those *FREE* for ALL Kittycats breeders and owners to use... placed in the customer pavilion along with all of the other free KC tools.

I'd also like to see Kittycats provide a marketplace page/pages (hosted on the KC web site) similar to the third party product that was shut down,
for those of us who really appreciated having such a selling tool.
Buyers should be able to search the listings by specified traits, be able to view each individual cat's traits and pedigree,
and have a direct tp link to that cat's location in world.

Given the recent & repeated server issues, along with all of the drama and personal attacks, and the loss of a tool that many of us invested in and found extremely useful...
I honestly think that Kittycats should give serious consideration to setting this up,
entirely free of charge, as a show of good will to their customers and supporters.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , DasEbilOne Resident , Minx Diabolito , Brunabug Nightfire , Aubreygrace Starlight , Arwen Swordthain , MsMagick Resident
01-15-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: Develop a new, FREE use, Kittycats' Profiler and Market pages
I would assume there is a lot of coding and work in making something of this sort. I agree with everything above but if not free and built into the cats in the way some other breedables manage it, I would be willing to pay for the product in the form of boards. Especially something backed by kittycats and with the same level of customer service and support? It would be worth it.

A bonus would be if it were built into the cat coding itself, when the cat was sold, it would auto remove from the system, which was a drawback of the profilers. You find the perfect cat on the market, only to find it gone and the empty profiler sitting there still displaying.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
01-15-2017, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 10:04 PM by Cloe Osterham.)
I think that would be an amazing asset to the community. I would be willing to pay for this new profiler just like the other profiler. I doubt it will be free, that's a nice thought, but I have no problem paying for this and lending the support to kittycats. They have made a very nice product for us all to enjoy and they cannot simply spend a ton of time making profilers the way the customers want with no compensation whatsoever. I am sure it will have more features than the other profiler because it would be streamlined from their own content. The only problem that comes with the hosting of a website marketplace is that this is not something that is free to kittycats. The marketplace pages would take additional space so the hosting might be higher, but I do believe this "part" should be free to the customers. I suggest they place ads on the pages like the other website to at least pay for the additional space if they do not have it already. I am sure kc will want to make sure that their hosting and the servers can handle things before they jump into a whole new venture lol.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
01-15-2017, 11:16 PM
I would really like to see this and have an "official" profiler. I'd be happy to pay to buy it but would not like anything like a subscription-type charge to be involved. I personally like the cat not being auto removed from the system immediately and if it could stay listed for maybe 72 hrs after to give time to see which cat was sold and keep track of sales that way. Having something like a 72 hr time period could be a good compromise for people who like the cat not to be auto unlisted but also would mean that the profiler does not sit there many days or weeks with a cat which isn't there anymore.
01-17-2017, 04:51 PM
A market listing option is highly needed for Kittycats and should be built into the product and website. Many other breedables have a button in menu where you can list it to an online list for others to easily browse, which could be sortable by traits shown, then provide a link to see the cat in-world, keeping prices personal to each user as one would have to visit the location to check pedigree and pricing. Perhaps a trade function could be set up later where people could easily list a want ad for a cat there also. When a user logs into the site to browse cats, maybe there could be a notification system if someone lists a cat you are looking for, and vice versa to the person who listed a cat that is being sought after. It could result in some good trades and help breeders meet eachother.

Perhaps a pedigree viewer could be sold separately, but I don't feel that a tool to list things just on webmarket should have to be purchased, as it only improves the market and brings more people into Kittycats. Absolutely NO to a subscription.

Expanding upon some other ideas here - it would be nice to not have cats be taken out of market mode unless the cat changes ownership or is no longer accessible in-world (the owner picked it up, removed market mode.. that kind of thing). It gets to be too much hassle if you have a number of cats you want to list, and having to remember to update it so often. I once was a breeder of a breedable that had it so after 1 week the classified was removed from the site.. and it was such a pain to remember to renew it, and then have to repost for every animal I had available at the time. If this is something KC thinks is needed, perhaps a way to notify the owner by IM that the classified has expired so we can know to post another would be much appreciated. If possible, I don't think people should be limited in number of cats they can list either - because it is so very hard to tell what people would like to buy. Some people want very fancy cats with all the hard work done.. and some people (like me) love genesis cats full of surprises. Another thing, perhaps there could be an option for the owner to check a box if the cat is for sale, for trade, or for bid (auction), so when people browse, they could see an icon indicating which kind it is. They could also search from those categories as well.

All this said, personally I would rather have a menu option to list cats to a webmarket than have to rez an item for each cat to display with it to do so. Pedigree viewers are a great tool - especially at auctions, but I think they should be a separate product.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2017, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 03:30 AM by HikariItsumo Resident.)
(01-17-2017 06:28 PM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  I really don't see why there should be another profiler if we do have already one that works great

Because not everyone can afford the current one (or want to use it for various reasons) & because it'd be run by KC, not a 3rd party, fewer headaches.

Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , JC Aferdita
01-18-2017, 10:59 AM
(01-18-2017 02:59 AM)HikariItsumo Resident Wrote:  
(01-17-2017 06:28 PM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  I really don't see why there should be another profiler if we do have already one that works great

Because not everyone can afford the current one (or want to use it for various reasons) & because it'd be run by KC, not a 3rd party, fewer headaches.

.. and it would be entirely under Kittycats control. People would not be buying a product only to have it shut down & their $ wasted. The basic script to display pedigrees in world is already there, it's a matter of putting it into a nicely formatted display product. If KC were to do this, provide their own pedigree & traits profile board to their customers, then it eliminates a lot of the issues that apparently have frustrated so many people.
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita
01-18-2017, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 11:14 AM by Lixy Byron.)
(01-18-2017 10:59 AM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  .. and it would be entirely under Kittycats control. People would not be buying a product only to have it shut down & their $ wasted. The basic script to display pedigrees in world is already there, it's a matter of putting it into a nicely formatted display product. If KC were to do this, provide their own pedigree & traits profile board to their customers, then it eliminates a lot of the issues that apparently have frustrated so many people.

about "buyig a product only to have it shut down & their $ wasted" are still rumors, until i will see proofs Smile
01-18-2017, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 01:38 PM by Pancake Littlepaws.)
I don't see this happening nor do I think its a good idea. I agree it be nice to have kc develop a pedigree system but! Honestly its viability is hampered at best. I think we all agreed Kitten is already over worked. The CSR's work hard and Kittycat's does a lot as is! There are only so many hours in the day and only so many things you can accomplish. Taking on a new task as big as this one would slow down everything I do mean everything.

The first thing they need to do is create a data base! Then they need to find a provider to upload said data base! Then they have extra bandwidth and storage cost not to mention hosting fee's. Then once they done that they need to update the kitties to allow them to function with this new service then create a front-in interface for us to interface with the kitties.

Thats complete its gotta be supported. Its not just going to work! Kittycats prides its self on 24hr turn around time on tickets Kitten works hard to get that done and so do the other CSR's so that means added tickets on top of the tickets they already deal with every day! That means longer turn around times and waiting.

That still doesn't explain away the extra expense KC has to remain profitable so that means charging more for something or charging for the profilers them selfs are putting up advertisements on the web pages which is something I don't see them doing the advertisements.

As you can see nothing is really free there someone paying for everything! Before anyone says will others have free web markets and profilers. Thats true there also half as advanced as KC having to relay on huds to interact with the pets "Shivers" while kc are completely autonomous with out the hud and are far more interactive. Its like comparing a Chevrolet to a Bentley... Sure the Chevy and the Bentley get ya from point A to point B... dang it if that Bentley aint nicer.

Heart Vote Arella Cause you Vote Counts! The vote for Arella initiative is not sanctioned by Arella are Arella's constituents Heart
01-18-2017, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 04:20 PM by Cloe Osterham.)
Jennifershelby, a profiler wouldn't need support tickets as it would function on it's own (unless you go with this new interactive one people are talking about). They would provide detailed instructions with their profiler just as with all other KC products. Space and hosting is not as expensive or complicated as you may think (they probably already have plenty of space). Advertisements are nothing more than the tiniest bit of code at the bottom, side, top or where ever they would so choose, if they would even want to do that (it wouldn't bother anyone so hopefully they would consider). I think KittyCats would prefer to provide a service to their customers that would hold up the integrity of their standards and cause less complaints. People in the community would not feel bullied or have to be fearful of their profilers being shut down (never happened to me, just stating facts). I think it would be a great idea for these reasons and I am sure Kitty Cats have this on their minds. I agree nothing is free nor should it be just for the time etc. The cost of the profilers would outweigh the intial setup, which again, not as complicated as you may think (at least not for the web programmers). I don't think there were a ton of support tickets for the other profiler. I think he may have had to help a few because of the auction feature. I don't think kc needs to make a complicated interactive profiler, rather a simple profiler that pulls from the database that already exists. Pretty much what's already being pulled from the other profilers.
(01-18-2017 11:14 AM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  
(01-18-2017 10:59 AM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  .. and it would be entirely under Kittycats control. People would not be buying a product only to have it shut down & their $ wasted. The basic script to display pedigrees in world is already there, it's a matter of putting it into a nicely formatted display product. If KC were to do this, provide their own pedigree & traits profile board to their customers, then it eliminates a lot of the issues that apparently have frustrated so many people.

about "buyig a product only to have it shut down & their $ wasted" are still rumors, until i will see proofs Smile

It did actually shut down for a few days and most of us who purchased them are not using them now because Callie has not given the okay for this.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Priestess Firanelli , Alassariah Resident
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)