Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
01-15-2017, 04:15 PM
RE: Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
Jillian, we did had a full list of markets and shops.
It's gone. And i'm sure keep that list updated and efficient required at least one hour each day. At least..
by the way the full list is no more available, and with the profiler we did not had a list of shop but the cat we was looking for.
Exactly that one that we were looking for, with those traits and those age..

I would have back the profiler and the site.

After it's ok also have a nice list of shops, that would be a nice cherry under the top of the cake Smile
Find all posts by this user
01-15-2017, 04:37 PM
(01-15-2017 04:15 PM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  It's gone. And i'm sure keep that list updated and efficient required at least one hour each day. At least..
by the way the full list is no more available, and with the profiler we did not had a list of shop but the cat we was looking for.

Wow, I didn't know it was gone! When I first started breeding that is how I found shops. I just looked for the list and couldn't find it?

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
01-15-2017, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 04:58 PM by Callie Cline.)
hi everyone,

thanks for keeping the conversation polite. we WILL remove any post whose sole purpose is to attack a person.

we have had people work things out in private who have posted on this forum and we appreciate that. but just know clearly, that if a post appears which is blatantly attacking a person we WILL remove it for ignoring our warnings.

thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and experience w/o ripping apart a person.

here is an example: (using the cattery as an example)

person one:
"i really love the cattery, i find it so useful! i don't see how you don't like it... but i love it"

person two:
"oh breeding inworld is the only way to go! cattery breeding for me feels odd! intersting how you like it so much! tell me more why?"

person one:
"oh i can be at home watching tv and check in with my cats, and pair them! i love it"

person two:
"oh wow i love to just focus on a program when i watch it! i could never do anything but watch a show, but i now understand more!"

person one:
"oh wow, how interesting! i guess sometimes i feel like watching tv is a waste of time but i get it!"

etc....

the above is about ideas... and seeking to listen and learn and both do not agree.

here is what is NOT ok...

person one:
"i really love the cattery, i find it so useful! i don't see how you don't like it... but i love it"

person two:
"OMG that is so lazy!!! you should have your cats inworld! they cant even run around and have fresh air! you are a horrible person?"

person one:
"huh? it's a tool i like to use, how am i horrible? i think you are off your meds you nut!"

person two:
"OMG i don't take meds!! how dare you, i am so offended by you!!! now i may need meds from you!!!"

person one:
"you always did need them! glad to help you realize it! your cats must hate you!!!"

see the difference??? Smile Smile Smile i hope so!

thanks for your cooperation.

again sharing YOUR experience is OK. attacking others is NOT ok and those posts will be removed.

thanks
 Thanks given by: Arella Ohmai , Evolving Yin , Draco Nacht , Ellen Ireland , RockFin Resident , Kendrah Vantelli , Reven Rosca , CptNessaTripin Resident , Inia Soulstar , LadyFi Marques , Alassariah Resident , AstridSolace Resident , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Lixy Byron
01-15-2017, 05:27 PM
(01-15-2017 04:37 PM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  
(01-15-2017 04:15 PM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  It's gone. And i'm sure keep that list updated and efficient required at least one hour each day. At least..

Wow, I didn't know it was gone! When I first started breeding that is how I found shops. I just looked for the list and couldn't find it?

FYI - If this is talking about the directory that we maintain, it's not gone. It's a stickied thread here: https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=17986

I haven't had an opportunity to update it yet for this month since I've been a little busy *stares at tickets* but will update it shortly with the new listings. Smile

There's a sucker born every minute, and the stray cats know where we all live!
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , Draco Nacht , Kendrah Vantelli , Ivy Norsk , CptNessaTripin Resident , Inia Soulstar , Eleanor8 Resident , LadyFi Marques , Alassariah Resident , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Lixy Byron
01-15-2017, 05:30 PM
As a long-time auctioneer (since Summer 2011) who never used the Profiler, I'm aware our auction lost massive business due to not being listed on the profiler's site. I can only imagine there were others who opted out of investing in Profiler and were denied acknowledgment and listing on the website which became so integral to so many.

Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned, but I never liked the attitude or aggressive sales tactics levied at myself and Draco around purchase of this item, and I didn't see a need for it when margins for profit are so slim already. I can't be the only person who felt that way. Surely others would rather have spent their Ls on kitties or kibble than on a third-party tool that didn't exist when they began breeding kitties.

What I have always loved about the KittyCatS community is its inclusivity. Everyone has been welcomed here, regardless of language or other boundaries that sometimes divide us, both in SL and RL. As a nerdy queer guy, I've experienced my fair share of bullying and exclusion, but as someone who's been involved in KC since the beta, I can honestly say I've never experienced anything but open arms and wonderful camaraderie here. That's why, six years and countless boxes of kibble later, I'm still here.

It's worth considering that the attitude and pricing of the Profiler and its attendant website (which so many are emphasizing it's nearly impossible to live without) contributed to the exclusion from notice of those who didn't opt in, whether because of a difference of personality with the creator, being unable to financially access the tool, or being unable functionally to utilize it in accordance with the creator's rules. No third-party functionality will ever be worth excluding members of our community, in my opinion. I am simply unable to justify things selfishly and say "I don't care what price others pay; I want this for myself, and their hurts are irrelevant to me as long as I get mine." What hurts anyone in our community should be seen to hurt us all because we all benefit from this community being a loving, welcoming place full of generous, kind people who encourage each other to continually reinvest in KC both with their labor and their finances. This leads to retention of members--better for us all both economically and psychologically--and to the attraction of new members by word of mouth. There is no scenario I can see in which exclusionary practices and self-focused justifications benefit anyone in the long-term.

I look forward to a new era now, one in which we have a clear demand for this manner of functionality and a mandate for inclusivity and good customer service--for which KC Staff has always been a gold standard in SL. Kitten Longmeadow and crew have been the best customer support in SL since KC began, and it's my hope that KC will step in to fill this gap in the market as well. As it is their database being scraped for Profiler data, it seems wisest if they create an optimized script for assembling the data the community hungers for, ensuring smooth performance and a minimum of downtime on their end owing to inefficient technical interactions.

I don't think anyone is suggesting a wealth of easily accessible data with which to make informed decisions is a bad idea. More functionality for a beloved product is always a boon. However, imagining every steal on a new trait was listed on that marketplace is naive and misguided. Imagining you didn't miss out on a world of great cats, great prices, and great opportunities by using that as a primary interface for the secondary market is just mistaken. Many people--individual sellers, co-ops, auctions, and marketplaces--have over the years opted out of that third-party tool and carried on business as usual entirely off the radar of Profiler-focused community members. I hope perhaps now we can all see one another again and come together a little more.

Let's all see this as an opportunity. We've lost nothing irreplaceable. Perhaps instead of regretting the situation, let's make suggestions to KittyCatS (who are obviously listening, judging by their posts in this thread) about what features we most desire to see moving forward. Which functionality was most useful to you? And how can we achieve that again--possibly without putting it behind a paywall and while retaining KC's superlative customer service?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Draco Nacht , Ellen Ireland , Azure Demina , Songdog Woolley , RockFin Resident , HikariItsumo Resident , Evolving Yin , Kendrah Vantelli , Priestess Firanelli , Aubreygrace Starlight , Ivy Norsk , Reven Rosca , LickN Wonder , CptNessaTripin Resident , Minx Diabolito , Inia Soulstar , LadyFi Marques , Arwen Swordthain , doubledareme Resident , Alassariah Resident , AstridSolace Resident , JC Aferdita , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Emilia Darkwatch , Navaar Morningstar
01-15-2017, 05:58 PM
Rainbow RE: Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
I haven't spoke on the issue of the profile boards in a public forum until now. Myself like everyone else was surprised by the market being taken down. Yes it was a very helpful tool for small markets and private sellers. We will all have to move forward from this. Most people that know me and very few do. Know I do not do drama. When it is taken to the public forum I find it to be Drama. There should of been an agreement made between both creators prier to the release of the boards before all of us got involved.
Callie did what she thought was best for her customer's. From a creator view I understand well the infractions of copy right laws. She is also protecting what she has created. Sometimes things do not work out in business like we want or plan. Business is set up through legal contracts. Even tho this is a virtual world we have to do contracts in the real world
I do agree that the price of the cats requested on the board should have been decided by the Breeder rather to place the price up or not. I was told I had till Saturday to make sure my Sim and my Private store were updated or my Breeders' and I would be taken off the list.
This really bothered me because I am a Co Owner of Saucy Sassy's Deja Vu..I was floored by this. Rene never demanded anything from me before. So why now.. I have thought about this on many levels.. First my Breeders' should not be pushed around. Next we have always focused on small business making things affordable
so our Breeders can bred their cats and enjoy them..3rd I felt bullied . If you know us, we will not stand for people who bully others' .
We did send out a group notice about the profile boards. That was all we could do.It was my Breeders's choice if they wanted to price them or not..
Thinking on this topic today my sister came up with a idea for the Private Seller's. She asked me what I thought about a teleport board on our sim that Private sellers and our customer's that rent with us can use for free. I listened to her and agreed to do this on our sim. Until there is another board put out ( Hoping by KittyCats!) We will offer this teleport board on Saucy Sassy's Deja Vu KittyCats Marketplace for free. KittyCats terminal will be located next to the board. Saucy Spices will need a store logo and your landmark to place in the teleport board. ( No logo's with copy rights to KittyCats! will be accepted )
I hope this will help the Private sellers' that have their own area. I also hope this whole Profile Board mess can be resolved or put to rest..
Hugs and Purrs
Sassy Sugars
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ri...133/132/21

[/font]
 Thanks given by: ladywench58 Resident , Draco Nacht , Priestess Firanelli , Malin Sabra , Evolving Yin , Minx Diabolito , LadyFi Marques , doubledareme Resident , Alassariah Resident , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Emilia Darkwatch
01-15-2017, 06:21 PM
Heart RE: Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
(01-15-2017 02:06 PM)JenniferShelby Resident Wrote:  Basically there two major markets and a bunch of smaller ones. The two major markets are obviously known by most and must be jumping for joy at whats come to pass. Why because there market shares just went up. There going to make even more money from this situation. There obscene rent cost are now more justifiable. Why cause want traffic rent with us cause those other guys might get 1/4th the traffic we do now.

Hi Jennifer and Everyone Smile

I'm the owner of Too Adorable Sims. I was the first sim owner to use Rene's Profilers and we used them on our Love tables, Bid Boards and Managerie tables. We promoted the profilers on our sims and also the website in our Love Tables notices, together with the address to his site.

I can assure you Jennifer that running cat sims are not something I become wealthy in doing with or without the Profilers. Summer months are even worse when I don't make tier because many people stop selling and breeding.

So, we at Too Adorable realized very early that this was a tool that many people liked and wanted and so did we. However it stood more and more clear to us that it came with a huge cost. Many of our renters and customers has told us about harassments and I've even heard from other market owner, how he turned off several paid profilers because of personal issues. I do not like it when my customers are being told how to use a product they paid for.

So no Jennifer I am not "jumping for joy". I find that quite offensive that you assume something like that. I am as sad as everyone else to see how much stress this has created for our whole community.

I think the democracy in KC secondary market, and everyones right to decide for themselves how they want to sell their cats, is very important and worth standing up for. This means, that we at Too Adorable, are not against development and new ideas, but it has to be based on a respectful foundation for everyone involved.

I promise all our renters that we will continue to do our very best to provide you all with excellent service at our popular Love tables and Bid boards with or without the Profilers. We at Too Adorable are really looking forward to see what KC can come up with. Hopefully they will come up with a new great product we all can agree upon and use, without further disturbances.

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
 Thanks given by: Draco Nacht , Priestess Firanelli , Malin Sabra , Theodore Nacht , Aubreygrace Starlight , 1GaJulia Resident , ladywench58 Resident , Rhiannon Titanium , Ivy Norsk , Evolving Yin , Geeha Resident , CptNessaTripin Resident , Cloe Osterham , Inia Soulstar , LadyFi Marques , doubledareme Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Fenris Ash , Songdog Woolley , Marie Starlight , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Emilia Darkwatch
01-15-2017, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 07:06 PM by MadyHades Resident.)
OMG the site is backkk???? for real? for longg? yayyyy
01-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Making the happy dance in my bed right now!!!
01-15-2017, 07:27 PM
I am happy its back too - and I am sincerely hoping its here to stay. The profiler is an amazing tool, saving much time, shopping from the comfort of your home - just like you do on Ebay and Amazon.Tongue

I really appreciated the new edition of the pricing - this saved even more time, instead of tping over to find that that kitty is out of your price range.

I cannot see how the prices of the cats being shown on a website is damaging the market Dodgy
 Thanks given by: Lixy Byron
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)