Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
01-15-2017, 08:54 AM
RE: Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
I will really miss the ease of searching for a particular cat in the web market data base. I loved going to that webpage even just to see what new kitties were for sale. Through the web market I spent a lot of lindens because I was getting exactly what I was looking for with efficiency and ease. I think the market may suffer without a similar product. I don't have the hours it will take to visit sims and search for what I need.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , Lixy Byron , Barry Ballyhoo , MoonHowler Snowpaw , Azure Demina , Minx Diabolito , Dimpz Morane
01-15-2017, 10:07 AM
(01-14-2017 08:35 PM)Minx Diabolito Wrote:  the product which we all paid for, relied on this very thing. It relied on information from KittycatS themselves, the cat pedigree and other things. Otherwise it would have been a blank profiler without a cat picture and no one will have bought that. It relied everytime on the connection to the Kittycat pedigree and that comes from Callie and her website. No other place. He made money using her work. Without her work, he can have made nothing worth buying.

This is because of his reputation he got for himself as a rude and difficult person to deal with.

They tried to work with him, and he would not.

I do really hope KittycatS themselves will work on something like these profilers for us all if possible as that would be the dream ending here.

Sorry Minx,
i really think that the product wich i've paid for it's not the picture of the cat.
If the profiler was a blank cube i would had bought the same.
Because the big idea it's not see the cat, the same cat i can see teleporting...
the idea is the database.
And we all know that a site needs maintenance, needs a server where "sit" and someone that fix things everyday.
I think i've paid for this service, not for the picture.
For me pictures can be removed also now, if they don't find a way to work together..

About the rude reputation, as i already told in my intervention, i really did never find him rude.
This is me real, personal opinion based on real and true chats with him.
And i've never heard any friends of mine being bullied by him.

About the fact that they tried to work with him and he would not i've not been there. I've not read. And i don't know.
You where there?
I was not there, and don't know Callie or Rene so good.. i hear bells only.

And, the last statement you say, i would not appreciate if tomorrow KittyCatS will jump on market with an official profiler.
First of all because the creator of the profiler did it many time ago before, but not less important, because until today he helped A LOT our Community.
Profilers generated traffic and sales.
This can't be worthless or unimportant.
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , MoonHowler Snowpaw , phoenixfire01 Resident
01-15-2017, 10:07 AM
I have to say I am extremely disappointed in all of this. I also have heard the negative issues with Rene and other KC member and I agree that it is totally out of line. I have no respect to anyone who can treat others that way in RL or SL but I don’t know the entire story and I don’t want to. My interaction with Rene which was very limited was positive and I bought the profilers specifically for the web market. Now it’s just a waste of dollars L’s or real $. The pricing feature on the updated profilers was great because I didn’t have to waste my limited SL time running all over looking for what I needed. In fact, I know my own purchasing had gone up because of the profilers. Again I liked the pricing point on them because I could remain competitive in my own pricing and didn’t have to wander aimlessly all over sl for days to price a box or live cat.
In the past months I have all but stopped breeding KC and now think that I will be giving it up entirely. I don’t want to waste my time with them and devoting ALL my SL time just to kittycats. I know a lot of KC’ers do but that’s not why I came onto or back to SL. There has been a decline all over in sales and that has happen for so many reasons and my opinion on why doesn’t count nor is it valid in this thread.
I was sticking I out with KC because I really enjoy the product and love the community but this has given me the last and final reason to let them go.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: jessibelle71_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , CitizenMonday Resident , MoonHowler Snowpaw , davjam79 Resident , phoenixfire01 Resident , Shamu077 Resident , Minx Diabolito
01-15-2017, 11:42 AM
(01-15-2017 08:54 AM)Geeha Resident Wrote:  I will really miss the ease of searching for a particular cat in the web market data base. I loved going to that webpage even just to see what new kitties were for sale. Through the web market I spent a lot of lindens because I was getting exactly what I was looking for with efficiency and ease. I think the market may suffer without a similar product. I don't have the hours it will take to visit sims and search for what I need.

And missing out on thousands of probably cheaper and nicer cats needing new homes available from people who'd had the business size to fork over the money to buy the profiler...

Now you may get to see those cats, hidden in a little cart in a secondary market where someone offers her favourite kitties' offspring for just enough to maybe pay for more than the rent on the cart, a cart that's stocked with maybe 10 boxes.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito
01-15-2017, 11:44 AM
(01-15-2017 10:07 AM)jessibelle71 Resident Wrote:  I don’t want to waste my time with them and devoting ALL my SL time just to kittycats. I know a lot of KC’ers do but that’s not why I came onto or back to SL.
Jessibelle, I hope that you don't give up on KittyCatS over this. A lot of us are disappointed, but I still have hope KittyCatS will find a way to bring the profilers back or develop something similar. I spend way too much time in game on my cats, and have been working on freeing up more time for other things I miss doing in SL as well. The profilers were a great time saver.

I just remembered today another reason I really liked the profilers. When I sold a cat, I used the profiler as a way to track what cat sold. I would then use them as place holder after the cat sold to remind me to find a cat with similar traits in my cattery to replace it, or if I got down to my last male and female I knew it was time to open them and start up that line again.

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
 Thanks given by: MoonHowler Snowpaw
01-15-2017, 11:53 AM
(01-15-2017 11:42 AM)jwenting Resident Wrote:  Now you may get to see those cats, hidden in a little cart in a secondary market where someone offers her favourite kitties' offspring for just enough to maybe pay for more than the rent on the cart, a cart that's stocked with maybe 10 boxes.

yes.. sure..
you can walk for weeks looking for a certain cats.

With the profilers you could build the cat and then teleport for it.

With the profilers you could keep a private, silent, little and cheaper shop and could avoid to spam in the advertising group every single day, more time at day.

With the profilers you could sell your new amazing trait instead attend an auction, if you can't do this.

Without the profilers you MUST rent a spot somewhere. MUST advertise your cats. MUST bring your cats to an auction (also if is in the middle or your real life night).

Whit the profiler you had a choice.
Now you're back to the jurassic park..
 Thanks given by: Barry Ballyhoo , Azure Demina , davjam79 Resident , phoenixfire01 Resident , MoonHowler Snowpaw , Dimpz Morane , Evolving Yin , MsMagick Resident , Shamu077 Resident , India Boram
01-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Well, I had hoped it would not come to this; as I really enjoyed the profilers. I go back to before the in world pedigree link, before the image, heck even before you could tell the sex of a box and had to open it. So all the improvements Callie has made to this wonderful product is much appreciated. I would like to see KittyCats put out a similar product if only for the pedigree information. As an Auctioneer it is nice to be able to see back a couple of extra generations, and for those that attend auctions, especially new people, it was a nice option to show how traits trickle down from generation to generation; and of course how that one trait that we had no clue of, pops forward. It did indeed make our jobs easier, no flipping back and forth on pages, made getting ready for an auction much faster. But I do understand Callie's point of view and respect it.

As far as controlling the market. We the breeders/sellers/collectors control the market. Not a tool that we use. We as consumers set the prices and the standards. We as consumers make or break the market for KittyCats. Not a third party tool that we have become accustomed to. KittyCats will go on as long as we the community continue to support it and Callie and her team continue to improve and produce this product. So to claim that Rene was trying to control the market is well...sort of silly; because he can't. We all do.

Rene has always been polite and helpful when I had questions or concerns, always answered me fairly quickly. I did not see the side of him that others are saying they had issues with, but I know it has happened. And I know there have been unfair and unprofessional things said from him and to him. This does not change the fact that as a tool the profiler system was great, the webmarket made it easy to find specific traits, and to see just what was on the market and what wasn't. Now I understand that there are just as many that don't use the profiler's and that is a choice that we all made. Just like back in the day there was the Genie Lamp that would give you the pedigree (before in world pedi links), we had to pay for those. There were many others that we all paid for to use for our shops, and for auctions. So they have always been in existence. I don't know where this all went wrong, and that is really between Callie and Rene, it is just a shame that it all did not work out. But the KittyCats community will go on, this will not ruin or break or make a huge impact on the community. We will carry on as we always have. So stay awesome folks, and be nice to each other Big Grin

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
 Thanks given by: davjam79 Resident , Azure Demina , MoonHowler Snowpaw , Evolving Yin , Minx Diabolito , Emilia Darkwatch
01-15-2017, 12:44 PM
You people amaze me. If I sold you a cat and then told you how you had to breed it and when and to what... and if you didn't do it I would disable the cat...would you be ok with that.
And what if YOU made a product. IN the real world...because this is what we are talking about...not SL...REAL LIFE here. So what if you made say, some sort of a phone. And you decided to steal some of APPLE's technology. You just hacked right in to their IP and Computers and stole the information... and then you tried to sell it...do you think you would get away with it forever. Do you think that it would be ok to profit from stealing from another just to make money?

The fact of the matter is this isn't about how hard or easy the profiler made your life. This is not about you. This is a very serious legal situation. It is a situation where this man has at least in Canada broken laws with regards to harassment and bullying. He has broken SL TOS, HE HAS DONE THIS BEFORE, made an illegal product then when he gets cornered he bails. He syphoned money from KittyCats Patrons and is now running away because he is a thief.

If you can support a human being like that I would suggest taking a look at what SL has made you become. In Real LIFE would you be ok with that...because as I said before this is real life. He made REAL money doing this...he stole in RL not just in SL. This is a REAL MAN stealing from a REAL company.

Please rethink this debasing of Callie and this praise of a common rip off artist and thief.
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Malin Sabra , Fuyutsuki Resident , LickN Wonder , Minx Diabolito , DreamCatcherVII Resident
01-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Doubledareme,
really.
Things between Callie and Rene are between them. For me.

We do see KittyCatS images allover everywere and nobody says nothing.
We just are customers, breeders, sellers, cat lovers.

If this is an illegal tool you should me explain why is out from YEARS. Not months or weeks, but YEARS.
And, in case is illegal, since it's a thing BETWEEN them it's not our business what happen between them.

I see that, out the blue, this become illegal.

And i see that there is a part of our Community, which i BELONG from the first day where KittyCatS were released, that is making a big ola.

My words, before this reply i've making on your post, were all focused on the PROFILER and hte MARKET SITE.
Not on the trouble between Callie and Rene.

You are pointing your finger accusing someone to be a thief taking profits with KittyCatS pictures.

A part that i've said before i really BELIEVE we did not paid the pictures but we paid for a service that was very useful for all the KittyCatS Community, a part this, we do all use KittyCatS content for our "profits".

Everyone sells the cats, with pictures and all use those pictures. You too.

For the bully.. well.. always from my point of view you are bullying us telling "what SL has made you become" or telling us we are supporting a thief. For my point of view your post is really aggressive, and, in my country, you could be accused of slandering someone.

You amaze me. We were talking about the profiler.
That helped ALL the Community.
Maybe not you. Maybe you need that we come back to the jurassic era.
 Thanks given by: Dimpz Morane , Azure Demina , Ivy Norsk , MoonHowler Snowpaw , Barry Ballyhoo , davjam79 Resident , Evolving Yin , MsMagick Resident , Shamu077 Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight
01-15-2017, 01:25 PM
(01-15-2017 12:58 PM)Lixy Byron Wrote:  Doubledareme,
really.
Things between Callie and Rene are between them. For me.

We do see KittyCatS images allover everywere and nobody says nothing.
We just are customers, breeders, sellers, cat lovers.

If this is an illegal tool you should me explain why is out from YEARS. Not months or weeks, but YEARS.
And, in case is illegal, since it's a thing BETWEEN them it's not our business what happen between them.

I see that, out the blue, this become illegal.

And i see that there is a part of our Community, which i BELONG from the first day where KittyCatS were released, that is making a big ola.

My words, before this reply i've making on your post, were all focused on the PROFILER and hte MARKET SITE.
Not on the trouble between Callie and Rene.

You are pointing your finger accusing someone to be a thief taking profits with KittyCatS pictures.

A part that i've said before i really BELIEVE we did not paid the pictures but we paid for a service that was very useful for all the KittyCatS Community, a part this, we do all use KittyCatS content for our "profits".

Everyone sells the cats, with pictures and all use those pictures. You too.

For the bully.. well.. always from my point of view you are bullying us telling "what SL has made you become" or telling us we are supporting a thief. For my point of view your post is really aggressive, and, in my country, you could be accused of slandering someone.

You amaze me. We were talking about the profiler.
That helped ALL the Community.
Maybe not you. Maybe you need that we come back to the jurassic era.

It became an issue when the creator of the profile attempted to force people to put a price on the profilers and a ton of people complained about it. Thats why it took years because it wasn't an issue before.

When I purchased the profilers no where on Marketplace did it state I was also purchasing a service along with the terms of use. But both wife and myself have been messaged asking to update profilers and add a price. We had nearly 300 profilers up and both wife and I have issues with hands and would be a taxing job. Being forced a terms of service on a product when purchased we didn't even know a service such as webmarket even existed since it wasn't stated in the Marketplace listing (Later found it). Being forced to add a price is unacceptable. While the webmarket may have brought in "some" traffic to our shop. Adding a price can also have a negative effect by making people not come look at the cat knowing the price already. There have been a few times I have TP'd to a profiler and seen another cat at the same shop I liked and bought it. Adding a price may detour someone seeing that "other" cat they like.

But other than that. It was a great product that helped being able to see traits without clicking or pulling up a wenpage and hope to see Callie create one similar for us all Smile

Rene has never been mean to me, when he mentioned updating profilers and adding price to me I explained we have a lot and it will take some time. He was understanding and not threatening about it. He did later IM my wife telling her to update them or they will be removed from Webmarket. Thats where my issue lies, as we were unaware that when purchasing we were bound to a service along with terms. If the Marketplace stated that, then I could understand that I have to do as he says and add a price etc...

But I hold no grudge on either end as I see both sides. Rene was just trying to help the community (which he has) and Callie is handling it the correct way. I'm sure she got a barrage of IMs/Notecards about the price forcing/bullying.

Click Here To Visit L&S Shop In Game For Super Deals

[Image: LSForumSig.png]
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , Minx Diabolito , Eleanor8 Resident , Emilia Darkwatch
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)