Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
01-14-2017, 05:53 PM
Heart Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
Because:
1) More info on a single cat - additional generation!
2) All info before teleport!
3) In a fast search instead of getting lost in forum topics!
4) Possible to see PARENTS for sale!
5) Sorts for all traits!
6) Auction cats!
7) LOVESHACKS !!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

And i could continue more.... and when it got even better allowing ust to see prices before teleports to mostly LAGGY places.... instead of saying "THANK YOU RENE!!!" that happens!!! Did he use that pictures for his own sales??? It was for making easy KittyCats sales, it should be appreciated! Disappointing. I'm sure this thread will be closed as well, but i wanted to tell what i think. Please allow it be as wonderful as it was before, don't ruin everything.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , catherine10 Resident , Lixy Byron , Barry Ballyhoo , MadyHades Resident , Dimpz Morane , MsMagick Resident
01-14-2017, 08:26 PM
RE: Profilers make playing KittyCats more interesting!
It is a huge step backwards!

Good Bye Kittycats!
 Thanks given by: catherine10 Resident , Lixy Byron , Barry Ballyhoo , MsMagick Resident
01-14-2017, 08:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 08:56 PM by Minx Diabolito.)
MoonHowler, they were interesting and made things convenient. Also they provided the info you are mentioning. But there is also other information beyond these rose tinted glasses. You ask if he used the picture for his own sales. Yes he did because the product which we all paid for, relied on this very thing. It relied on information from KittycatS themselves, the cat pedigree and other things. Otherwise it would have been a blank profiler without a cat picture and no one will have bought that. It relied everytime on the connection to the Kittycat pedigree and that comes from Callie and her website. No other place. He made money using her work. Without her work, he can have made nothing worth buying.

I am stunned to now know that they were ever developed without the agreement that he could use the images. He never had that agreement in the first place and went ahead anyway. If I'd know this, I'd never have bought them. If somebody goes and develops a whole product based on not even having the original creator's permission, it isn't very professional. You get the permission first. Not later.

There is also the other information about people being verbally abused (friends of mine have been just for asking him a polite question), and this is also proved by how much support is there for him on the other thread. Not much. This is because of his reputation he got for himself as a rude and difficult person to deal with. It is also a classic case of a great product which was undone by a creator being too controlling, rude and even in Callie's words "We’ve made several attempts to work with the creator to find a solution where they could continue to use our images so as not to disrupt the use of their product, however those attempts have not been successful, and were met with strong-arm tactics, threats, verbal abuse, and unreasonable demands." So if you are mad at KittycatS, you are mad with the wrong person hun. They tried to work with him, and he would not. He undid his own product and then chose to throw it all away instead of work with her, given that chance again.

I have only recently become aware of how bad these "strong-arm tactics, threats, verbal abuse, and unreasonable demands" have been to quite a few people. I have only recently learned that he was IMing people asking them over and over why they were not using his profiler, which is harassment or going to their stores turning up like he owned them and bossing people around. Then claiming he tried to speak to them or warn them when what really happened is he was rude, or threatened to ban them over minor issues and no wonder people don't listen to that or tolerate it. Where did being friendly and nice to customers go? He has the reputation he has now because it is really how he was to people. It's only now people stopped fearing he will turn off their profilers that they have stopped being silent. I'm really quite shocked how many people were affected by this and scared.

There is no need to be rude to people asking basic questions. Or rude to people who innocently did not understand they needed to price the cats more than to price the box and people had no choice on it. Infact the fact the recent update provided an option with and without price was confusing to me because I thought I had the choice to have the price on or not. A lot of people thought they did not have to or had a choice in it, and instead of being spoken to nicely he chose to be rude and bossy again to them and even to threaten to ban them if they did not do it within his timeframe. That is the opposite to what should happen where someone is nice to customers who bought their product, not the other way around hun. No wonder kittycatS wants nothing to do with that. Being bossy and rude does not get respect, it gets dislike. So I hope he will learn a lesson from that because that is how he is viewed by a lot of people.

So now you know this, think about how good those profilers seem now. For me it is easy. A convenient tool that might sell a few more cats then normal but at the price of people in our community getting harassed, bullied, and spoken to like crap? No thankyou. Those cons far outweight any pros. I do really hope KittycatS themselves will work on something like these profilers for us all if possible as that would be the dream ending here.

Fingers crossed and hugs to all ^.^
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Evolving Yin , Ivy Norsk , catherine10 Resident , HikariItsumo Resident , Nino Heartsdale , Arwen Swordthain , Reven Rosca , JC Aferdita , Aubreygrace Starlight , Sabanna Moonshadow , LickN Wonder , Ivy Lane , jwenting Resident , Azure Demina , Ayame Meili , Fuyutsuki Resident , Draco Nacht , Theodore Nacht , Kendrah Vantelli , Inia Soulstar , RockFin Resident , Alassariah Resident , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Emilia Darkwatch
01-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Thank you for explanation your point of view. Personally, i don't see anything rude at showing prices, anyway they will be shown at some moment when a person teleports to a cat, just a little more waste of time and browser cache. I haven't got any abuse from Rene, only help if i needed it, so my personal opinion is "i like the product, nothing went wrong, i want it back". I didn't hear things you're telling about, maybe i missed something, i just liked to use the tool. Anyway it's sad that personal issues of some people affect everybody using the product they bought. I very hope they find a solution and fix it somehow, with pictures/prices or not, but at least something.
 Thanks given by: Minx Diabolito , Evolving Yin
01-14-2017, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 10:41 AM by Evolving Yin.)
MoonHowler I am glad you started this thread to express your opinion. I was really stunned when I came online and discovered what had happened, but disappointed the thread was closed, and I didn't get a chance to process it as part of the community. This strongly impacted a lot of us. I have grown so dependent on the profilers to find traits I want and need, and to compare pricing without spending countless hours roaming stores. It really is an extremely useful tool, and I am frustrated by it's sudden withdraw as well.

I also liked the pricing feature, but with hundreds of cats throughout various kittycat markets, changing the profilers and adding the pricing on all the cats was just an impossible task for me at this time, especially after going through this recently after the last KittyCatS update. I was OK with them being removed though because the usefulness of the product outweighed the inconvenience of not having all my cats listed.

I think Callie has handled this situation with the professionalism that is reflected throughout the entire business. I really liked the product, and commend Rene on the work he has put into creating and updating it. I hope Callie & Rene can find resolution to the issue, and that we can continue to use the profilers.

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Azure Demina , deadlycreature1 Resident , catherine10 Resident , JC Aferdita , Ellen Ireland , Sabanna Moonshadow , CitizenMonday Resident , jwenting Resident , Mirsoul Resident , MsMagick Resident , Draco Nacht , Theodore Nacht , Kendrah Vantelli , Minx Diabolito , Inia Soulstar , DreamCatcherVII Resident , Emilia Darkwatch
01-15-2017, 01:25 AM
The profilers were nice. But they made us all lazy. I remember when i first started in kitty cats. There was no web market. You had to actually visit sims to find cats. I would spend a whole weekend walking sims and looking in all the stores. How many people could not afford these profilers now that get 0 traffic? Maybe now people will visit their stores. Its not the end of the world folks. We survived without them before and we will continue to survive. Kitty Cats is not going anywhere because of this. It may make it better. :-) So get out there, turn on your area searches and have fun!
 Thanks given by: HikariItsumo Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Reven Rosca , jwenting Resident , Arella Ohmai , Fuyutsuki Resident , Draco Nacht , Theodore Nacht , Minx Diabolito , Inia Soulstar , Eleanor8 Resident , DreamCatcherVII Resident
01-15-2017, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 04:55 AM by MoonHowler Snowpaw.)
On the other hand the same stores with rare traffic CAN be visited thanx to profilers. Think how much money they save to all. What about new sims allowing 1 prim per linden or even selling at homes? If the profilers disappear we'll need to rent at expensive high traffic laggy sims only (or be forgotten), and some are really expensive, not enough that cats eat like alligators? Big Grin So profillers allowed us to earn from cats sales more. And all that even without any subscription fee, just 1 time purchase for forever use, price less than 1 good cat or 1 pack of big kibble pack. At the same time profilers' site needs monthly payments per hosting. It just was money saving tool for using it. BUT if there in the background let's say was not an only programmer/scripter, if there was a team of beautifully speaking service ladies, then it had to be with fees and not affordable to everybody. It worked and worked well, i'd close my eyes to that the support might lack some beauty of words, because the rest was only benefits. Smile
P.S. I worked in tech support, and for many technical people service side is less visible than technical, we need to be sometimes reminded and explained some basic things about talking with people, when we focus on the technic side and simply forget that we talk not with a program. Smile
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin
01-15-2017, 05:27 AM
I'm one with a small private shop instead of a booth at one of the big sims. The profilers brought people in. Now I will have to go back to using Marketplace, which is a pain, or keep checking and bumping my ads here in the forums. Or give up. I haven't decided what route I'm going yet. But that said, I understand the situation and support the decisions, even if it inconveniences me.
 Thanks given by: Shamu077 Resident , Evolving Yin , Sabanna Moonshadow , Ivy Norsk , Barry Ballyhoo , CitizenMonday Resident , callista5 Resident , Azure Demina , Minx Diabolito , Eleanor8 Resident
01-15-2017, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 10:43 AM by Evolving Yin.)
(01-15-2017 04:52 AM)MoonHowler Snowpaw Wrote:  On the other hand the same stores with rare traffic CAN be visited thanx to profilers. Think how much money they save to all. What about new sims allowing 1 prim per linden or even selling at homes? If the profilers disappear we'll need to rent at expensive high traffic laggy sims only (or be forgotten), and some are really expensive, not enough that cats eat like alligators? Big Grin So profillers allowed us to earn from cats sales more. And all that even without any subscription fee, just 1 time purchase for forever use, price less than 1 good cat or 1 pack of big kibble pack. At the same time profilers' site needs monthly payments per hosting. It just was money saving tool for using it.
I agree Moonhowler and Jillian. I will have less time to breed cats. I certainly have a lot more incentive to get rid of more of my time consuming live cats to make time to spam my personal store. Most of the traffic I got to my personal store was from the profilers. The loss of the profilers has made an already expensive hobby even more expensive. But again, this situation had to be dealt with. The profilers had become such a big influence on the KittyCatS market, that people being bullied and cut off from using them had to be dealt with.

Callie explained that they had to close the other thread to make sure everyone read her response to Rene's initial post. I appreciate that this thread is still open because I think it is important for the community to discuss the pros and cons. My hope is that understanding it's impact will provide incentive to find resolution to the issue.

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
 Thanks given by: Songdog Woolley , CitizenMonday Resident , MoonHowler Snowpaw , Azure Demina , Minx Diabolito
01-15-2017, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 07:25 AM by Lixy Byron.)
I'm one of the *all* that use the profiler.
And i really find it very useful, simply to use and really adore the market site.
When i saw the price's feature though was really a big.wow improvement.. and though could be very helpful for us all.
In these last times was very cool find "my" cat in the site and just teleport there.
I've discovered new shops, new sellers, new cats with this profiler.
And think this helped very much all the secondary market and KittyCatS too.

I've read that many people say that Rene is rude. I've spoken many times with him and sincerely did never found him rude.
Maybe because he's not native english. And maybe because i am not native english.
So what i understand when i speak with someone in SL it's the "heart" of the speaking, and not all the shades that can easily understand when i speak with an italian person.
(and in my experience here i've read this "rudity" problem with all the non.native.american/english.language people).

I'm sad that Rene and KC did not find a way together.

I would suggest him to remove the picture, if they infringe KittyCatS copyrights and let the people the choice to set or not the price on the profilers and the market (instead a mandatory option).
But i would that he keeps the market and the profilers.

In my opinion we don't really need the pictures. We do have the cats.
The brilliant idea of the profilers it's not that show the cats -> that are under our eyes <- but that bring all the traits and the locations under the same database and let me teleport on, giving me the opportunity to run my own shop at home avoiding spam each 30 minutes in all the advertising groups.
I really think that this is very important for us all.
I appreciate really much the price's feature.
But i understand that you can't force nobody to publish the prices of the cat. Smile so would let this feature totally optional.

Smile
In all my honesty really think that this tool helps a lot the secondary market and both sides can win with it.
Rene because made it and KC because we do shop the cats, and breed them, keep them and, of course, feed them.
 Thanks given by: Evolving Yin , Barry Ballyhoo , MoonHowler Snowpaw , Azure Demina , MadyHades Resident , phoenixfire01 Resident , Autumn Baskein , Minx Diabolito , Eleanor8 Resident , India Boram , catherine10 Resident
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)