Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Shutting Down the Web Market!
01-14-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: Shutting Down the Web Market!
Or, name your kitty boxes and in edit click the little Show In Search icon and then people can search using the SL Search. Totally free. That's how I search for, and sell, yardsale stuff.

Heart Friends don't let Friends go Kittyless! Heart
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Laura18 Streeter , Reven Rosca , doubledareme Resident , Draco Nacht , Kendrah Vantelli , HikariItsumo Resident , Fuyutsuki Resident
01-14-2017, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 11:23 AM by Mirsoul Resident.)
These have been a huge help, both in auctions (so people can see where the traits are coming from, and it goes back farther than just the grandparents). I will be sad to see the web market go makes it soooo much easier to shop for what you want in a kittycat. And you know up front what the price is.

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille
01-14-2017, 11:21 AM
I really don't understand the big deal, but I also don't know the other half of the story, so I will not judge either way. What I will say is that I like the pricing feature on the web market. I had gotten into the habit of doing a quick check on the market for particular traits that I'd be looking for and the price feature shortened my hopping around time to a minimum. It can't be beat for comparison shopping. I have no interest in spending forever walking around sims hoping to find what I'm looking for. I sucked in Civics class, but I always assumed Free Market meant prices were not regulated and that it was guided by supply and demand. I'm not sure how showing the prices on the cats for sale on the web market is hindering that ... so I'd really like someone who does understand it to explain.
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Ivy Norsk , Azure Demina
01-14-2017, 11:24 AM
i just read the notice in the kittycats on line market by rene... and it took me a long time to buy the profilers but sold kittys thanks to them that payed for the profiler in less than a week. IT HAS BEEN HELPFUL. ITS A WONDERFUL PRODUCT. and I Belive YOU ARE WRONG CALLIE and i am very disapointed in you kittycats owners for the very first time and iv been with kittycats since the startSad
IF YOU DONT WANT AN OUTSIDER TO HAVE THAT SUCH HELPFUL PRODUCT; PREDUCE IT YOURSELFS TO HELP US.
Rene. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK. I BELIVE ITS AN AMAZING PRODUCT . I will be very disapointed if you take it down.
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Shamu077 Resident
01-14-2017, 11:32 AM
lol karma!
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Priestess Firanelli , MissSasha Topaz , TerrorMisu Resident , Arwen Swordthain , doubledareme Resident , Draco Nacht , LickN Wonder , HikariItsumo Resident , EdsonT Resident
01-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Corvi Wrote:Or, name your kitty boxes and in edit click the little Show In Search icon and then people can search using the SL Search. Totally free. That's how I search for, and sell, yardsale stuff.

This does not work unless you're in a large market and the lag for this operation is awfully high. It does not serve any independent stores on the grid that aren't located within a major market.

The Pawsable Traits Reference manager and a Chart keeper.
01-14-2017, 11:45 AM
I have also used this to see what is available on the market, and in what combinations. Extremely helpful when building a new line and making a KittyCat that is indeed truly unique.

Owner CatTales KittyCats Market
KittyCats Breeder and Auctioneer
Breed what you love and sell what you can bear to part with
01-14-2017, 11:55 AM
A free market can never depend upon a tool that isn't freely awailable to everyone, nor can it be ruled by wether or not people choose one or all the available features said tool is equipped with.
Such a market is an oligarchy at best, and I understand as well as respect Callie's and KittyCats' decision.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Nino Heartsdale , Laura18 Streeter , MissSasha Topaz , TerrorMisu Resident , Aubreygrace Starlight , Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Lane , LickN Wonder , HikariItsumo Resident
01-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Hi everyone, we will reply and let you know more information about this.
 Thanks given by: CitizenMonday Resident , Ivy Norsk , AstridSolace Resident , Laura18 Streeter , MissSasha Topaz , Nino Heartsdale , Reven Rosca , JC Aferdita , Arwen Swordthain , Draco Nacht , Azure Demina , TinkaBellz Resident , India Boram , ClaudiaStark Resident , Evolving Yin , HikariItsumo Resident , Fuyutsuki Resident , Rheaven Resident , Marishka Moody
01-14-2017, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 12:04 PM by CitizenMonday Resident.)
@Reven Roaca, that is an excellent point. Yes I had not considered that Rene was making the posting of prices mandatory. Personally I will post all my prices and I'll shop only stores which post their prices as well. My preference. However perhaps if Rene will allow posting or not, then Callie will allow the webmarket to continue.

However as to your second point...Free markets have always operated with advertising services which are provided for a fee and are not available to everyone. Or to word it another way, Rene's service is available to every seller who choses to pay for the profiler system, and for free to every buyer.

@Callie, thanks for weighing in and I'm happy to know you are following this thread as I consider it of vital importance to my continued enjoyment of the KittyCats! product.
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Ellen Ireland , TerrorMisu Resident , India Boram , Evolving Yin
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)