Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
Shutting Down the Web Market!
01-14-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Shutting Down the Web Market!
I find it Ironic that Rene is posting a thread on a KITTY CATS FORUM, to elicit support from her clients for continuing to rip her off of her royalty rights and her right to refuse rene her product... SO now she is paying for Rene to raise awareness and support of his plight in which he is being asked to cease and desist from breaking the law and stealing from her. Interesting.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: MissSasha Topaz , Arwen Swordthain , Nino Heartsdale , Kendrah Vantelli , Priestess Firanelli , Katarina Ballinger , Draco Nacht , Reven Rosca , Theodore Nacht , LickN Wonder , HikariItsumo Resident , Malin Sabra
01-14-2017, 01:44 PM
(01-14-2017 01:42 PM)doubledareme Resident Wrote:  I find it Ironic that Rene is posting a thread on a KITTY CATS FORUM, to elicit support from her clients for continuing to rip her off of her royalty rights and her right to refuse rene her product... SO now she is paying for Rene to raise awareness and support of his plight in which he is being asked to cease and desist from breaking the law and stealing from her. Interesting.

Lots of things about this thread are ironic Dei.... oh so ironic! LOL
 Thanks given by: Priestess Firanelli , Draco Nacht , Reven Rosca , MissSasha Topaz , doubledareme Resident , Arwen Swordthain , LickN Wonder , HikariItsumo Resident , Fuyutsuki Resident , Laura18 Streeter
01-14-2017, 01:55 PM
Just to clarify some rumours:
In the last 3 years, I only banned 5 people. I don't think that is too much and it had their reasons. Arwen is trying to tell lies, the reason why I banned her was because she repeatedly listed cats that were not accessable to people. When I IMed her and warned her a few times, she muted me instead of answering.

@tad: I didn't misunderstand it, it was her words. "... adding a price feature which is causing more drama and issues we are formally asking you to take that OUT immediately. it goes against a free market and is not acceptable to us. "

KittyCatS Web Market: http://kittycats.info/market
Gridwide Auction Calendar: http://kittycats.info/auctions
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2017, 02:01 PM
I stand with Callie. We at Nacht's Landing never used the profilers, for good or for bad, so I had no idea that they had gone from interesting tool to weapon to control auctioneers and markets. I'd wondered idly about the legality of the use of IP and whether KittyCats had intentionally published an API for their databases to be used in such a way.

But above all the usefulness of the tool, what makes me sad is how this owner apparently decided to use his product vindictively against his perceived enemies. That people are willing to overlook how other members of the community have been treated is what makes me sick to my stomach, not the loss of ease to hop around SL to buy cats. Whatever else KittyCats is, it's always been about cultivating a community. I don't think Callie or KittyCats has ever been unclear about that.

[Image: 32190964281_d1fcb86ebb.jpg]
 Thanks given by: Nino Heartsdale , doubledareme Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Priestess Firanelli , Theodore Nacht , Reven Rosca , Kendrah Vantelli , Aubreygrace Starlight , MissSasha Topaz , SotaSteph Resident , Ivy Lane , LickN Wonder , SisterButta Resident , HikariItsumo Resident , Fuyutsuki Resident , Minx Diabolito , Laura18 Streeter , Lostime Resident , Wendi Lavendel , TerrorMisu Resident , Susannah Luminos , Sara Franco
01-14-2017, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 02:15 PM by Callie Cline.)
Hi Everyone,

We have worked hard for the past 6 years to create a product and facilitate a community which fosters creativity and is fun. We have always put our community and customers at the forefront of any decision we make hoping our choices make your experience better, fun and enjoyable. In a word we LOVE this community. More than we can even say.

So many of you have created fun items, and we encourage that! We've not ever had an issue with things which our community members create, and the spirit in which they were created. Many people use and enjoy these items without any issue.

Unfortunately the Profiler, since its inception, has generated a lot of issues with customers for many reasons. While many enjoy it as a tool, many people thought it was a product we put out, and so we have received numerous questions and complaints about it.

Customers have complaints of harassment, of having their product disabled, of having their privacy violated, and of being threatened and bullied. When we first got reports of this, it gave us pause, and like we always do, we ask the community to work things out between themselves.

The KittyCatS Profiler uses our images without permission. We’ve made several attempts to work with the creator to find a solution where they could continue to use our images so as not to disrupt the use of their product, however those attempts have not been successful, and were met with strong-arm tactics, threats, verbal abuse, and unreasonable demands.

This behavior is not consistent with our standards of courtesy and professionalism, and while the profiler is a tool many enjoy, we don't feel at peace about giving permission to use our name, logo, or images to those who treat our customers and staff with disrespect, nor hold themselves to the same standards we try to uphold in our company and community.

We were unaware that the Profiler and Webmarket were now requiring users to list their prices for their cats and that users were being told if they did not comply that their cats would be removed. (this was also highlighted in yellow on the front page of the website, cats which were not priced would be removed)

We were receiving numerous complaints and questions daily, and after directing people to address their concerns to the Profiler creator and being told customers were being threatened and harassed, we believed we needed to take action to protect our customers and community.

We love our community, and together we have worked very hard to make the KittyCatS community a fun and welcoming place for all involved. We support a free market, and we want our customers to be able to create their own branding, to price competitively, and interact together without fear of being harassed, bullied, threatened.

We understand that the Profiler is a useful tool for many people. We will work on a solution that works for everyone and has the community's best interests as its focus.

We hope this helps to clarify a bit for you the situation we've been trying to navigate. We have wanted the best for our customers, and have just had a hard time resolving things discussed in this post in a way that is professional, kind and in the spirit of the community we love.

We're sorry for any upset this has caused any of you, and we thank you for your understanding and support.

The KittyCatS Team
 Thanks given by: Nino Heartsdale , Arella Ohmai , Priestess Firanelli , Draco Nacht , Arwen Swordthain , Roxi Firanelli , Azure Demina , LunarWolfRose Littlepaws , Theodore Nacht , doubledareme Resident , Rayne Morningstar , Reven Rosca , JC Aferdita , Ivy Norsk , kittyclawz Resident , Tawny Dinzeo , Kendrah Vantelli , Aubreygrace Starlight , MissSasha Topaz , SotaSteph Resident , Pam Tigerauge , Sabanna Moonshadow , LadyFi Marques , Ivy Lane , TinkaBellz Resident , Ellen Ireland , Zarabeth Langer , Eleanor8 Resident , Jhanelle Bonde , Winter Phoenix , OooDonnaooO Resident , LickN Wonder , SisterButta Resident , Journey Bonham , Evolving Yin , Mirsoul Resident , HikariItsumo Resident , Moon Falconer , Fuyutsuki Resident , deadlycreature1 Resident , AstridSolace Resident , Minx Diabolito , ladywench58 Resident , Cygnoir Blanc , KoshkaKsju Resident , Laura18 Streeter , Web Sass , Malin Sabra , jwenting Resident , xtralovin Resident , AmoreJade Cyberstar , catherine10 Resident , DasEbilOne Resident , Charmayne Brentley , EdsonT Resident , Melodiesunshine Resident , Lostime Resident , Wendi Lavendel , Oselkhandro Resident , fabioazevedo Oh , Susannah Luminos , LadyElfFire Resident , Inia Soulstar , Marie Starlight , Emilia Darkwatch , Shamu077 Resident
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)