Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Exotic Journey
01-05-2017, 11:15 AM
Exotic Journey
Was asked to dig these out as a record of the proof in the forum of Exotic Journey being recessive to Dry Olive. Instead of adding to the dry Olive thread I decided to create an Exotic Journey one just in case its needed in the future with new eyes.

So here we go
Chart 1 shows a baby with Dry Olive eyes, this was potentially pure as Mum, Bashiga, hid it and Dad, Olivier, was at this time unknown.

[Image: 7f2ba018303d480ab20ba4978ae9183e.png]

Chart 2 Shows The Starter, Olivier, breeding back to a daughter, Bryanna, with Odyssey Bellini eyes, these are Bashigas shown so we know Bryanna hides Oliviers eyes which are Dry Olive or something more recessive.
Baby shows Exotic Journey which is hidden in both Bryanna & Olivier.

[Image: a0ff086b600998aea4bb0d3457bc43ef.png]

Because Olivier produced a Dry Olive baby we deduce that Exotic Journey MUST be recessive to Dry Olive or it would have shown instead of Dry Olive.
If anyones inteested the Dry Olive eyes came from Flannagan, Bashigas Dad.

These cats were bred after we knew Exotic Journey was most recessive and shortly before Galaxy Star was discovered. They are however proof via the backbreed that Exotic Journey is recessive to Dry Olive Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner
01-05-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: Exotic Journey
I'm glad you set up this thread, Arwen. I know Exotic Journey vs dry Olive was proven a long time ago but the 10 most recessive eyes all had their proofs showing on the forum except the dry olive vs exotic journey so it's nice to have a complete set. I also think there will be new eyes right around this area in the next few months so it'll be good for that too.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
01-06-2017, 12:30 AM
RE: Exotic Journey
It's funny how you don't see something and then suddenly you find it everywhere. I found another Dry Olive vs Exotic Journey on the summer 2015 eye placement thread. Here is the post

10-03-2015, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 03:15 PM by Reven Rosca.)
Reven Rosca Offline
Chatty Cat
Given 597 thank(s) in 297 post(s)
RE: Call to arms: Charts for eyes
My search foo isn't good today...

A new? proof for Exotic Journey

[Image: 6df4ca6d99a84ad83f357b145cf51b30.png]

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)