Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Cats not returning to 'home' on sleep
12-01-2016, 07:03 PM
Cats not returning to 'home' on sleep
I've had a few cats going to sleep all over my place instead of returning to their 'home' bed. When I click tp 'home' they do return 'home.
Any ideas why?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Cats not returning to 'home' on sleep
I have no idea why, but can confirm that your cats aren't the only ones who do this.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
12-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Perhaps they are just being....'cats'....lol
12-03-2016, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2016 03:05 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
If you drop a cat that is asleep it will not return to its home point. Yours may be falling asleep before they can arrive at the home point.

Maybe there's a prim of strange shape which is sometimes (but not always) blocking them from moving to the home spot? Change one of the cats to a different home point and if it has no further difficulty, there probably was something in the way.

If it's only a recent occurrence, try to think what changes were made and do some testing. New decor or gadget? Wearing something? Something that seems unrelated could have some peculiar side effects of shape or function. For example, limiting sound to my parcel turns off *all* sound. It's not supposed to work like that, but it does.
12-03-2016, 06:41 AM
Although it can often be hard to see and understand, I find the Developer menu option to view physics shapes helpful at times.

The sound issue sounds like setting the option to have the 'microphone' be with the camera instead of your avatar and then moving the camera outside your parcel. I rarely notice sounds issues, however, since it is my firm belief that machines (like children) should only speak with permission; and have found that machines (unlike children) have a handy "Mute" button.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2016, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2016 06:20 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
Oh, the sound issue has been strange. I spent many months thinking various items of sound decor were broken or that people were wrong about them being intended to make sounds. Then someone in a group asked about limiting sound to parcel and I noticed mine was on. I turned it off and suddenly things were making sounds again. My camera is quite low and close to my avatar and when I examine objects I ALT-click on them and do a 360 with zooms, so unless there's a very interesting bug at work it probably isn't distance.

Speaking of distance, do you happen to know why sound rolloff affects some sounds but not others? The last few years of wandering SL I've been bothered by an increasing number of items whose sounds don't seem to fade with distance, yet others do. It's difficult to orient when bells and birds and things are sounding from all over a region instead of only nearby.
12-05-2016, 07:54 PM
(12-03-2016 02:56 AM)LibGwen Resident Wrote:  If you drop a cat that is asleep it will not return to its home point. Yours may be falling asleep before they can arrive at the home point.

Maybe there's a prim of strange shape which is sometimes (but not always) blocking them from moving to the home spot? Change one of the cats to a different home point and if it has no further difficulty, there probably was something in the way.

If it's only a recent occurrence, try to think what changes were made and do some testing. New decor or gadget? Wearing something? Something that seems unrelated could have some peculiar side effects of shape or function. For example, limiting sound to my parcel turns off *all* sound. It's not supposed to work like that, but it does.
I MUST BE LUCKY I DROPPED MY CATS WHEN ASLEEP THEY DO RETUREN TO HOME POINT

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)