Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pixie Point Ears
12-16-2016, 02:00 PM
RE: Pixie Point Ears
(12-12-2016 12:37 AM)Summerwind Adored Wrote:  I believe this should give enough proof to place pixie point recessive to rounded fold ears.

[Image: 7ccaf450e1d0de96963ad8f853be4a20.png]
(12-12-2016 12:37 AM)Summerwind Adored Wrote:  I believe this should give enough proof to place pixie point recessive to rounded fold ears.

Hi..I am adding this post to try to show Boris' pedi:
[Image: 4dfc7b336e38b6369d4a6a5e33212d53.png]

Can post Dad's if needed. Smile
[/quote]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner
12-16-2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks Summerwind
Heres a quick run down onwhat we are seeing here.
Marie is a special Baby showing Rounded Fold Ears and hiding something more recessive.
We see her babies with Boris show Pixie Point and Mysterious Odyssey Fold
We see Boris has Mysterious Odyssey Fold ears and probably hides Scotty Fold (this is what we can see there may be something we don't see).

One Baby has Pixie Point Ears, dates mean its most likely thats the ear hidden in the special baby as it was believed to be released at Halloween so Boris is too old to hide it.
The other Baby has MOF which is recessive to Mum shown Rounded Fold therefore her hidden hides.
Since a baby shows Pixie Point this indicates its Mums hidden and therefore recessive to MOF.
Even if for some reason the Pixie Point came from Boris it means it is still recessive to MOF, but thats me playing Devils Advocate Smile

Great work Summerwind

(12-16-2016 02:00 PM)Summerwind Adored Wrote:  

Hi..I am adding this post to try to show Boris' pedi:
[Image: 4dfc7b336e38b6369d4a6a5e33212d53.png]

Can post Dad's if needed. Smile

[/quote]

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner
12-16-2016, 02:29 PM
Well done, Summerwind!
The forum charts have been updated with your proof.

Forum Based Charts can be found here
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Reven Rosca , Summerwind Adored , Kayla Woodrunner
12-16-2016, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2016 09:56 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Thank you so much Summerwind, I really appreciate it! Tosses brownies to you! And you narrowed it more than you thought as you have proven it recessive to MOF not just Rounded Fold.

Arwen, you are right. Boris's chart proves his ancestry dates back a minimum of 167 days which pre-dates the release of Pixie Point. Pixie Point was introduced with the Halloween 2016 collection which means earliest possible is October 2016. And even if you date back 167 from today that places his minimum past at July 2, 2016 which is several months before Pixie Point was released. Pixie Point has to come from mom. No possibility of coming from Boris.

And as Arwen said
So Mom Marie shows Rounded Fold and hides Pixie Point
Dad Boris shows MOF and hides MOF or more recessive
They had two kids: One child shows Pixie Point and one child shows MOF.
This proves
A) Pixie Point is recessive to MOF because the MOF child has to hide Pixie Point since Rounded Fold is known to be dominant to MOF.
B) Dad Boris hides something more recessive than MOF.
While it could be Scotty Fold from Mom's Dad's side, I am not willing to commit since I do not know what is behind the Pointed Soft Fold on Dad's Dad's side. Whatever Boris hides, Pixie Point has to be dominant to that since it shows on the other sibling. If Boris hides Soft Curl or Scotty Fold, then the below testing range wouldn't be narrowed further. If however Boris hides anything within the testing range from the PSF Grandad, could narrow the range further. Smiles, but I won't ask Reven to bug Summerwind again. I am just very very happy we got this chart. I happen to like getting blanks filled in.

So new testing range:

proven recessive to Mysterious Odyssey Fold
Dreamy Fold
Odyssey Rounded Fold
Rounded Boo Boo
Soft Fold Boo Boo
proven dominant to Soft Curl

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
12-18-2016, 05:08 PM
My Pixies ar SO not playing ball! Soft curl hidden again.
I'm moving on to the next in line, and have moved most of my cats to cattery because of starvation.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
12-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Pixie Point is recessive to Dreamy Fold ear.

[Image: atydn86.png]

'Spresso Shot (Pixie Point ears shown) was bred to Highland Fling (Dreamy Fold ears shown), and produced Test M2 with Dreamy Fold ears shown.
Test M2 Dreamy Fold was then paired with Scotch Cocoa (Scotty Fold ears), and produced a kitten with Pixie Point ears shown.
Since we know that Dreamy Fold & Pixie Point are both Dominant to Scotty Fold, the Pixie Point ears had to be the hidden from Dad, Test M2 Dreamy Fold.
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , KittyCatsProofs Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk , Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca
12-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Good job, Happy! The Forum charts have been updated with your proof.

Forum Based Charts can be found here
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
12-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Fantastic Hap. Well doneSmile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
12-24-2016, 12:29 AM
Awesome, Happy! Congrats!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
12-24-2016, 04:16 AM
YAY! Well done, Hap!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)