Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

any way to get cats from joining parcels to share territory?
11-09-2016, 12:08 PM
any way to get cats from joining parcels to share territory?
Hello,

I think this is likely impossible, but is there any way for kitty cats on two adjoining parcels to share their homes? I have cats and both neighbours on either side do as well and the cats are constantly bumping up against the parcel boundaries trying to get to each other which is kind of heartbreaking to watch every day.

The cats on each parcel are set to "parcel" range, but they can't be set any other way because the "range" is circular which is not helpful at all. I can set all the cats to "region" but then they will wander all over everyone else's parcels, and let's face it ... the cats get lost VERY frequently even when set to "parcel." I shudder to think what would happen to them if they were set to roam the region.

this seems like something which should be simple and popular, yet it seems impossible to do? Anyone have any ideas on how to make it happen?

Sylvia
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: any way to get cats from joining parcels to share territory?
If you want them to range the entire parcel, merge the two parcels into one.

Or set their homes just at their side of the boundary and use a smaller range so they don't go outside the parcels. They won't reach the far corners but that's the best you can do without merging.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2016, 01:00 AM
I second what Tad said, but will add that you must allow object entry in parcel details on both parcels.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
12-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Can you put up an fence around the parcels so the cats can't wander into the yards of neighbors who don't want cats? I keep my cats fenced in on my property and haven't had one escape yet.

Jaime Poutine Original Art & KittyCatS Park
12-11-2016, 07:53 PM
The only problem with that, is if the land experiences lag, which causes the cat to leave the fenced in area... Meaning, the lag makes them walk through it, similar to how when you change sims and you lose control of your avatar. With that said, a fence is indeed a great idea!

(12-09-2016 08:33 PM)Jaime Poutine Wrote:  Can you put up an fence around the parcels so the cats can't wander into the yards of neighbors who don't want cats? I keep my cats fenced in on my property and haven't had one escape yet.
12-11-2016, 10:23 PM
Lag as you're describing ("rubber-banding") is not possible. It arises from network lag and your viewer incorrectly predicting the future location of a moving object. The cat might appear, on your screen, but only on your screen, to leave the area but when your view catches up the cat will snap back.

The problem with fences and floors is that cats change from physical to non-physical and move their center a bit as they sleep, sit, stretch, etc. Basically, the wall/floor occasionally disappears and they walk through it (not as-if, but literally because, it is not there).

Setting your cat to sim range (or any large range) and using walls and floors to keep it in an area will usually work. But it won't always work.

Your best bet is to home the cat at the mid-point and set a range which does not extend beyond the parcel(s) in question.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)