Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Edited 12/17: Sending in Proofs for the SAGA Charts
11-04-2016, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2016 02:57 PM by Brunabug Nightfire.)
Edited 12/17: Sending in Proofs for the SAGA Charts
12/17/2016: Click HERE to go to the Official SAGA Charts.
Click HERE to go to the Informational Sheet about the SAGA Charts. FAQ!!! - Explains how to submit proofs and lots of other frequent questions explained.

Edited 12/5/2016
Just wanted to add-
Give one weeks min time for a response. If you don't hear anything back or notice the SAGA lists updated by then feel free to contact me (Brunabug Nightfire) in world. PLEASE put your request in the form of a notecard and please include the information you sent to SAGAKitty. I will be sure to get it to Charles and Wendi to review.

Hello SAGA Projects Members and KittyCats Breeders,

Thank you all for working so hard on breeding and gathering proofs.
The SAGA charts would not be around with out your continued support and help.

We are asking everyone from now on Please ONLY send proofs IN THE FORM OF A NOTECARD to SagaKitty Resident (9243bc60-f918-46ed-beac-2cfb77617aef) or in an email to SagaKittySL@gmail.com. In your Notecard or email please include full-perm textures or active URLs to textures of pedigrees, along with an EXPLANATION of the proof.

Please don't send information directly to any of the SAGA Team members in the form of Notecards in SL ,through forums IMs, on Facebook or dropping them into our mail box at the Saga Projects space. They can get lost and we are trying to streamline the collection of proofs. Again please send only to SagaKitty in world or to the email address above.

Feel free to continue to post your findings in forum posts as it is good for the community to see. Include the link in your Notecard to SagaKitty or in the email to SagaKittySL@gmail.com.

We are going to try and send confirmations of receiving Proof information to senders with in 48 hours and requesting more information if needed at that time. We hope this will fine tune the collection process and will make the turn around time on updating the charts go quicker. That is our Goal! PLEASE see EDIT above!

Unfortunately, some times proofs we receive are inconclusive, meaning they are not solid proofs and they need more data. When information is inconclusive we have requested more information from the sender. That is why we need notecards with your avatars information. Sometimes we get responses sometimes we don't.

If you send in a proof and don't receive a response that it was received feel free to contact one of the Saga Team Members about it. They might ask for you to resend. Things do get lost in SL from time to time.

Thanks again for all that you guys collect. We appreciate all your heard work and time you spend on finding proofs. Feel free to contact anyone on the Saga Team if you have questions.

- Your Saga Proofs Team
Wendi Lavendel
Charles Courtois
BreeAnn (brunabug nightfire)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Reven Rosca , HappyDaize Resident , Alassariah Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
11-06-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: Sending in Proofs for the SAGA Charts
First of all: Thank you very much for the very important work you do to keep the SAGA charts updated. Breeding KittyCats wouldn't be the same without!
Secondly: I am guilty of forgetting to send proofs to you, and for sending them the wrong way. I'll do my best to send stuff as soon as possible through the correct channels from now on.

There are many cases where you ask for more information, and I hope that you can share what kind of information you need, so we can streamline the testing better.

Example:

Quote:Aug 30: Wavy Tail recessive to Snappy Tail

Quote:Oct 22: Wavy Tail dominant to Dreamy Tail

This should place Wavy tail directly between Snappy and Dreamy tails.

Still, the Saga charts say
Quote:- Wavy Tail dominant to Dreamy Tail and recessive to Snappy tail - more info, please.

I have no idea what "more info" means in this case.
I pulled the Dreamy tail from behind Wavy to prove that Wavy was dominant to Dreamy, and sent in a chrystal clear one chart proof.
[Image: 2c42c721d851535ac2efe0e314cd41ed.png]

The proof Kayla sent in for Wavy vs Snappy is also chrystal clear:
[Image: 5df4287f74c3be66829bd59c3259aa24.png]

I suppose this means that you need a second proof to confirm the placement, so I have a new pair at work to prove the relation between Wavy and Dreamy. It is based on a guess that you need a second proof for Wavy/Dreamy, but I might be wrong and you need a second proof for Wavy/Snappy, or both.

I hate to use donated kibble to breed the wrong proofs, so I hope you can enlighten me,

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
11-06-2016, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 09:50 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
(11-06-2016 07:17 AM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  ...Still, the Saga charts say
"Wavy Tail dominant to Dreamy Tail and recessive to Snappy tail - more info, please."
I have no idea what "more info" means in this case...
I hate to use donated kibble to breed the wrong proofs...

I have to agree and second this. When more info is needed for placement, it would be helpful if we knew what info you were still looking for, even if simply a statement of, "Second proof needed."

It also might be helpful if once a pedigree proof is received, if confirmation would be sent via a group notice, stating 'received and under review' or 'received and proof accepted'... so that everyone in the Saga group working on the same test will all know the status. That way we can all know when to hold up on testing or to actually end a test, so as to make more efficient use of the donated food resources. Wink
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
11-07-2016, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 12:47 PM by Brunabug Nightfire.)
Wavy Tail has been updated Smile
I pointed it out to Wendi and it has finally been updated Smile

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
11-07-2016, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 12:50 PM by Reven Rosca.)
(11-07-2016 12:46 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  Wavy Tail has been updated Smile

Thanks a lot! :-)

I see that you have updated Galaxy Trip to be recessive to Jade and Ody K, But I can't see that it is placed.
Was there anything wrong with the Galaxy Trip dominant to Violet proof that was sent in the same email?

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
11-07-2016, 12:55 PM
When I am online next Reven please contact me and we can talk. Smile
~BreeAnn

(11-07-2016 12:50 PM)Reven Rosca Wrote:  
(11-07-2016 12:46 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  Wavy Tail has been updated Smile

Thanks a lot! :-)

I see that you have updated Galaxy Trip to be recessive to Jade and Ody K, But I can't see that it is placed.
Was there anything wrong with the Galaxy Trip dominant to Violet proof that was sent in the same email?

Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
11-30-2016, 05:28 PM
bumping up!

Direct link to SAGA FAQ
11-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Thank you. I didn't get an answer when I sent in one a couple days ago but I did notice it was updated on the chart which is the main thing, tyvm Smile
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Brunabug Nightfire
12-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Just wanted to add-
Give one weeks max time for a response. If you don't hear anything back or notice the SAGA lists updated then feel free to contact me (Brunabug Nightfire) in world. PLEASE put your request in the form of a notecard and please include the information you sent to SAGAKitty. I will be sure to get it to Charles and Wendi to review.

Direct link to SAGA FAQ
12-12-2016, 02:13 PM
RE: Edited 12/5: Sending in Proofs for the SAGA Charts
Just a little reminder to please send in proofs to SAGAkitty so that we can keep the SAGA charts up to date.
If there is any doubt that a trait is not confirmed recessive or dominant to another trait it will not be added to the SAGACharts. SAGA Charts requires visual proofs for confirmation of hiddens.

POINTERS on what kind of Pedigrees that make it 100% no doubt. I always OPEN up OffSpring and figure out what hidden traits are.

If a trait is recessive to another trait the best way to get 100% proof is to bred the OffSpring to a cat with a more recessive trait showing then the one you think is hiding. That way you can see the hidden trait on the OffSpring.

If a trait is dominate to another trait the best way to prove it 100% is to again breed the OffSpring to a cat with a more recessive trait showing then the hidden trait you think is hiding to see the Hidden trait show up on the new Offspring.

When this type of "Placement Breeding" is done it shows 100% the hidden of a kitten and then you can confirm what traits are recessive or dominate.

When I breed to confirm proofs I take two cats that have the two traits I want to test against. I like to know what the possible hiddens are on these cats but it is not always necessary for the first Generation OffSpring.
I will breed them several times. As soon as I see one of the traits I am testing show up on an OffSpring I will open the box.
I find the opposite gender kitty showing a more recessive trait then the other trait I am testing. This only works if the charts already know a trait that is already more recessive to the possible hidden trait. If the charts have no information about what traits are more recessive to the possible hidden trait I would suggest you find the MOST recessive trait you can based on the charts, and just test against that.
Breed that OS with the more recessive trait showing partner...and you should after a few breedings see the hidden trait show up on the second generation Offspring. And this is very visual and 100% proof. This way you know witch of the two original traits you were testing against is donminant and witch is recessive.

If the hidden is not the other trait you were testing it against on the first pair of kitties then that OffSpring is a dud. I will open up other OffSpring and test them. Sometimes I have multiple OffSpring open up at the same time. This is because the first generation project cats could have tossed its hidden and not shown. Example - one cat tosses shown and other tosses hidden.

I hope this makes sense to anyone who is new to trait placement breeding. Feel free to contact me in world if you have any questions, or you can contact any of the renters at SAGA Projects breeding space. There is several breeders there that can answer questions on how they go about placement breeding.

And if you are interested in free rental space to work on placements on the SAGA charts there is applications at the Project AREA.
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/At...20/32/2501

Happy Breeding.

Direct link to SAGA FAQ
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)