Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Toyger-Tan
11-30-2016, 04:26 AM
RE: Toyger-Tan
(11-30-2016 03:28 AM)Inia Soulstar Wrote:  Here are two more.

This is awesome Inia. We now have a testing range.

[Image: 2fb6456f7358817878159bb3f66bad2b.png]

Mom shows Burmese Flame and hides Bali Flame Lynx or more recessive
Dad is a starter
Kitten is a Toyger Tan.
Mom is too old to hide the new fur, and we also know that Toyger Tan is dominant to Burmese Flame.

This proves that Dad hides Toyger Tan.

[Image: ea7ceaadcd436ccf519fa10e2ec1da67.png]

Mom is a Chateau Black & White No. 1
Dad is the starter above, and is proven to hide Toyger Tan.
Kitten shows Chateau Black & White No. 1

Dad must therefore have passed his hidden fur.
This proves that Toyger Tan is recessive to the Moo Kitty.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
11-30-2016, 04:30 AM
Thank you, Inia.
The Forum based charts have been updated.

Forum Based Charts can be found here
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
11-30-2016, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2016 03:53 PM by dralbatraz Resident.)
My toyger pulled out their other recessive fur- Russian Blue.
I think this narrows down the Toyger Tan scope a bit, to between Russian Blue and Moo Kitty (from above post)... but I will let the pros weigh in on analysis and definitive conclusions. Smile

Here are the results so far:
[Image: b7cff45417969340edca8c76adc05a50.png]

The most recent kitty:
[Image: e2cb3a0b6f397ff8b3bcb412f08af8aa.png]

Mom has been the same the whole time, Glamour SP.

Hope this helps!
-Dray
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
11-30-2016, 11:21 PM
Wow, people have been popping babies like crazy! Thank you, Priestess Firanelli, Inia Soulstar, and dralbatraz Resident. It's cool to see everybody's Toygers. (drools, lol)

So here is the testing range currently for the Toyger-Tan

Chateau Black & White No. 1 (aka Moo-kitty) (Ret) -- proven recessive to

Bengal Sorell
Snowshoe Lilac (Retired)
Chat. Grey & White No. 2 (Retired)
Chateau Cocoa&Wh No. 1 (Ret)
Abyssinian Cinnamon (Retired)
Pandie Flame
Burmese Blue
Pandie Ebony & Ivory
Chateau Black & White No. 2
Red & White Tabby
Chateau 3 Spot No. 2 (ret)
Chateau Pink & White No. 1
Bengal Charcoal
Burmese Sable
Chat. Silver & White No.1 (Retired)
Ocicat Lavender (Retired)
Cream Tabby (Retired)
Chateau Slate & White No. 1
Bengal Tawny
Australian Mist - Lilac Marble
Siamese Lilac (ret)
Chat. Cream & White No. 1
Chateau Cream & White No. 2
Chateau Black & White No. 3
Chateau Grey & White No. 1

Bengal Copper -- proven dominant to

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
12-01-2016, 01:38 PM
Lovely proof and yes definately says Toyger Tan is dominant to Russian Blue. Previous proof of dominant to Bengal Copper narrows the range more though. But thank you for sharing it with us and keep up the good work.

(11-30-2016 03:50 PM)dralbatraz Resident Wrote:  My toyger pulled out their other recessive fur- Russian Blue.
I think this narrows down the Toyger Tan scope a bit, to between Russian Blue and Moo Kitty (from above post)... but I will let the pros weigh in on analysis and definitive conclusions. Smile

Here are the results so far:
[Image: b7cff45417969340edca8c76adc05a50.png]

The most recent kitty:
[Image: e2cb3a0b6f397ff8b3bcb412f08af8aa.png]

Mom has been the same the whole time, Glamour SP.

Hope this helps!
-Dray

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
12-31-2016, 08:39 AM
Question? My breeding partner and I have been having trouble with this Princess Toyger because her momma hides Tonk Mink Tortie and we kept pulling it. So I bred her to a solid Bengal Copper (Many many generations of Bengal Copper). I thought I would get a Bengal Copper from this breeding and have to breed the Toyger back out based on the forum dominance charts. Doesn't this prove that Bengal Copper is dominant to Toyger Tan?[Image: 8700c4682c83176f83b2325eb4349a56.png]

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
12-31-2016, 09:29 AM
I think you are flipping recessive and dominant here, just as Kayla and myself are known to do now and then.
Toyger Tan is proven dominant to Bengal Copper, and this is what your chart shows (given that the Bengal is pure.)
Bengal Copper would have shown in all cases if it was dominant to Toyger Tan.

(12-31-2016 08:39 AM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  Question? My breeding partner and I have been having trouble with this Princess Toyger because her momma hides Tonk Mink Tortie and we kept pulling it. So I bred her to a solid Bengal Copper (Many many generations of Bengal Copper). I thought I would get a Bengal Copper from this breeding and have to breed the Toyger back out based on the forum dominance charts. Doesn't this prove that Bengal Copper is dominant to Toyger Tan?[Image: 8700c4682c83176f83b2325eb4349a56.png]

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
12-31-2016, 09:29 AM
I think you might be getting turned about. Toyger Tan is proven dominant to Bengal Copper which if your Copper is pure is supported by this pedigree. One would expect to get a Toyger Tan if both cats throw shown fur, if you had gotten a copper it would mea the Toygers hid passed. Hope this helps Smile
Heres an anaylsis to be a little clearer

Princess Toyger shows Toyger Tan and hides Blue Mink Tortie from her mum (proven as you pulled it out)
Mathew is a Bengal Copper unknown hidden, possibly pure.
Baby Ajax is a Toyger Tan
So Princess Toyger passed her shown
therefore Ajax hides Bengal Copper or something more recessive.
We already know Toyger tan is Dominant to Bengal Copper.

If you had of gotten a Bengal Copper the Toyger would have been lost. If you want anymore help hit me up inworld and I'll be happy to help out.

(12-31-2016 08:39 AM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  Question? My breeding partner and I have been having trouble with this Princess Toyger because her momma hides Tonk Mink Tortie and we kept pulling it. So I bred her to a solid Bengal Copper (Many many generations of Bengal Copper). I thought I would get a Bengal Copper from this breeding and have to breed the Toyger back out based on the forum dominance charts. Doesn't this prove that Bengal Copper is dominant to Toyger Tan?[Image: 8700c4682c83176f83b2325eb4349a56.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca
12-31-2016, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 11:39 AM by Evolving Yin.)
Thanks Reven & Arwen for clearing that up. I just looked again, and it actually states that Toyger is dominant to Bengal Copper, and yes I got turned around here. So I guess I should actually read the notes before posting, and not before I have had my morning coffee Tongue

https://tinyurl.com/Shop-Quality-KittyCats
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Reven Rosca
12-31-2016, 12:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2016 12:27 PM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Oh, at least 3 cups of coffee are required before looking at charts and pedigrees. Then another 2 before deciding anythings actually right Tongue

(12-31-2016 11:37 AM)Evolving Yin Wrote:  Thanks Reven & Arwen for clearing that up. I just looked again, and it actually states that Toyger is dominant to Bengal Copper, and yes I got turned around here. So I guess I should actually read the notes before posting, and not before I have had my morning coffee Tongue

OMG I just saw the time Reven and I posted was the same, lol. We couldn't have done that deliberately if we tried.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Evolving Yin , Reven Rosca

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)