Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Saga Chart Breeding Space Roundup July through Sept
10-10-2016, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 03:15 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Saga Chart Breeding Space Roundup July through Sept
Saga Chart Breeding Space Roundup July through Sept (well, a bit of October)

Just a list of what everyone has accomplished this summer at the Breeding Project Space and also people on the Forum on the various threads

Placed eyes:
Crystal Berry between Bronze and Canary
Crystal Sea between Crystal Sun and Crystal Dream
Crystal Sun between Key Lime and Crystal Sea
Exotic Seas between Ody Wonder and Fancie Indigo Diamond
Galaxy Burst between Exotic Journey and Galaxy Star.
Galaxy Sun between Odyssey Bellini and Grotto
Malachite between Key Lime and Crystal Sun
Moss between Onyx and Tranquility
Odyssey Crush between Full Moon and Odyssey Cognac Moon
Odyssey Skyline between Tapestry Royale and Rainbow Prism
Pewter between Odyssey Cognac Moon and Morning Dew
Pomegranate between Morning Dew and Bronze
Serenity between Odyssey Burst and Ice Crystal
(I wanted to add Full Moon, Bronze and Odyssey Cognac Moon to the placed list since people started pitching in together on the forum to get them placed but those were in May and June I think.)

Narrowed eyes:
Autumn Leaf (Exotic Treasure to place)
Cognac (Odyssey Cognac Moon to place)
Crystal Crush (Odyssey Crush to place)
Crystal Spring (recessive to Crystal Sea)
Frost (Canary to place)
Galaxy Moon (recessive to Strawberry Bellini, was already dominant to Violet)
Galaxy Trip recessive to Verdant and dominant to Doubley Odyssey Love)
Odyssey Slush (recessive to Bronze, was already dominant to Mercury)
Pumpkin (dominant to Double Odyssey Love, was already dominant to Jade)
Sparkle Dream (recessive to Bronze; dominant to Bluberry)
Twilight ( dominant to Pewter)

Placed furs
Chateau Slate & White No. 1 between Cream Tabby and Tawny Bengal
Tonkinese Champagne between Ocicat Black and Cream & White Tabby

Narrowed furs
British Shorthair Cream & White (recessive to Bengal Snow; dominant to Siamese Flame)
Foxie - Cocoa & Cream (Balinese Blue Lynx to place)
Pandie - Platinum (dominant to Foxie Blondie)
Scottish Shorthair - Brown & White (recessive to Australian Mist - Lilac Marble; dominant to Chateau - Coffee & Cream No. 1)
Tonkinese - Blue Point (Tonkinese - Natural Mink to place)

Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone for all their breeding hard work!
Also people donated kibble, milk and lindens to buy kibble and milk for the breeding space so a great round of applause for them too! Two volunters C & Wat Sagakitty especially bought a lot of kibble and milk out of their own pockets (I'd name them but I'm not sure if they want to be named)Also Breeann for managing the site and asking folks for food donations. And of course to the charters who have to go through all our charts and write them on the main Saga chart lists. Cee also started a hopefully annual auction to raise funds for kibble. A lot of people pitched in to make that event a success.

I am taking a break from breeding (after my last tests throw their final hids--stubborn buggers) so I won't be doing any more test breeding -- but just wanted to say it was a great experience and people have been wonderful. The Breeding Project Space this summer has been an amazing collaborative experience with people working together to get proofs. A lot of people who didn't know each other before creating projects at the site worked together to create pairings and to pop the hids to make the proofs. (FYI, you have to pop the hid for most proofs -- it's not enough to know what shows on a child, you need to prove the hid against something more recessive for a good proof 95% of the time. About the only exception is if both parents have the same shown trait and th baby has a different shown--automatically recessive to the parents' shown). I really feel the Saga Lists are an important institution. It's awesome how many people worked together to contribute charts.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , HappyDaize Resident , Reven Rosca , Brunabug Nightfire , Songdog Woolley

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)