Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

K Dollars for Menageried KittyCatS
10-12-2016, 12:33 PM
RE: K Dollars for Menageried KittyCatS
Nah. It's eminently scriptable. So it's one more thing for a harried, overworked script writer to put together.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2016, 07:55 AM
Still would have to be someone that chooses which traits each month though? No?
Otherwise I like the idea, make it more like a game and random chance that your cat will coin in some extra kittydollars. I wouldn't want it to be too much of an increase though. Like 50 for a normal cat and if it has the random traits 100. Then it'd still be worth sending the cat in during that month, since it counts as two cats, but it doesn't give you a massive bump to keep it challenging still.
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2016, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2016 10:44 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
The whole point of doing the script is to eliminate the requirement for human interaction or bias.
10-14-2016, 02:45 AM
Only thing with having random traits monthly be more valuable would be people stocking traits and only sending in on the desired month. One thing I could see them doing and not sure this would be super popular thought. Would be to making K bucks exclusive to buying add-on's such as cats, collars, hats, vest!... no more using them to buy food and vit. etc. That way they could be given values dependent on Traits!... just maybe a flat 50-100k bucks per trait! kinda thing. The only possible backlash could be that markets become unstable. Thats the biggest thing with suddenly changing K dollar values is how does it affect the market.
10-14-2016, 09:47 AM
What would make more sense to me than any idea previously mentioned would be a sliding scale based upon age. For example, leave the store credit for returns on all boxes at 50 K$, but for live cats start at 50 K$ and add, say, 1 K$ per day, up to a maximum of 121 days (I didn't do the math to see if 1 makes sense, just pulled the number out for an example). Thus, when a cat ceases consuming food, at 121 days of age, and thereafter, one would get a 171 K$ store credit.

As to pricing per trait: that is the current system. To KittyCatS, all cats always are 9T, and they are already paying you (5 5/9) K$ per trait.
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , Alassariah Resident
10-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Good lord, let's not "gamify" it! I just want to get rid of my badly traited cats, and I do not want to make it all into more stress.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
11-06-2016, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 12:30 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
I'm in the camp of let it be -- because I don't want a sliding menagerie $ system to dictate which traits should be valued more so than others. I believe that breeding the kittycats should remain a fun hobby centered on breeding what one likes. It is a form of artistic expression, to create a cat that appeals to one's own sense of style. We all have our individual likes and dislikes. No one should be 'penalized' by receiving a lesser menagerie $ return, simply because they didn't breed for specific, 'more valuable' traits in their bloodlines.
 Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Alassariah Resident , Azure Demina
11-06-2016, 06:03 PM
To me it is fine as is.
I bring very little kitties to menagery though: they've cost me more to make and they might come to good use on a given moment.
Once in a blue moon I obtain myself a Tiger or something but at the rate they bring something new there is nothing I don't have.
Even Genesis cats can have more value in certain projects.

That said I do not think they should give us more K$ for a cat and most definitely not trait biased.
Keeping the Secondary Market clean is close to impossible I think and is at most an effort individual breeders can make.
Although when a new menagerie cat was introduced I saw people go beyond and above to get as many as possible as soon as possible to the point they've brought in their LE's it is a temporary hype I think Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: JC Aferdita , Alassariah Resident
11-09-2016, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2016 12:35 PM by Alassariah Resident.)
This is an interesting topic but being a lover of the Chop Chop tail and Rounded ears, I would feel penalized for getting less than someone else turning in, say, Fluffy tail and Dreamy Fold ears. Not everyone buys kitties for their traits preferring to be happy with what their starters give (I do buy traits shown and hidden I want in my cattery but not everyone does), and having the traits to breed in to the perfect little kitty and mass producing the traits for the menagerie dollars are two different things.

The current system helps to maintain the menagerie value of all of the cats, from starter to finished project, without penalizing anyone for their own personal trait preferences.

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)