Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

I think KC must read this plz
09-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Exclamation I think KC must read this plz
i like KC realy but what u do with the confetti u must think about it , i mean it is not realy fair that u give 10k MK$ for a pair out and then not bring so confettis that u can breed with them , i think i speak for all conffeti breeders when i say : we buy not confettis to become only genesis cats
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: I think KC must read this plz
LOL I hear your frustration. I have had two cats so far not even give me one kitten! One I paid a LOT of L on the secondary market for both. I LOVE KittyCats, so don't get me wrong....but I think there must be a happy medium between the challenge, or fear of flooding the market so it can be a win win for all involved.

Just my opinion ....I still have 2 breeding pairs....used to have more...so fingers crossed these will be better Tongue
09-28-2016, 10:22 PM
(09-28-2016 08:03 PM)Jelly Supply Wrote:  I think there must be a happy medium

There is the problem.

If I freeze everything and make the model, yes, there is a 'happy medium'. But producing a box .. just one, mind you .. moves that 'happy medium' someplace else.

So, the 'happy medium' needs to be recomputed after every box. Right? Well, not so fast! Sure, it's a computer and it can do the work. But will it actually achieve the desired results?

No.

What happens is this box gets created (we'll call it the Right box). This pushes the happy medium shifts a bit to the left. So the next box (call it Left) is a bit left of the happy point. That shifts the point right.

Now, if I eliminate randomness, eventually that shifting a bit left and a bit right settles down. It will never hit the 'happy medium' but it will never be very far from it.

But I had to eliminate randomness for that to occur!

That means your cats will be boringly predictable. You'll know, even before you produce them, that the next will, or will not, be what you want.

So, what happens? Well, of course, you SKIP that box, don't you? You know, going it you're not going to want it. Why bother? Seems reasonable, right?

So, the model settles down to a nice, predictable 'happy medium' and what happens? THE USERS $%&* IT UP!!! Suddenly everybody is skipping the 'Left' boxes and only taking the 'Right'.

No problem, that just moves the 'happy medium' to the left and left and left again.. y'all wanted 'good, Right boxes'? Foo. I'm going to make nothing but 'crappy, Left boxes'! AND THE MORE YOU TRY THE HARDER I WILL FIGHT BACK!!!

So, I put randomness back in.

And what happens?

For a while, nothing.

But, one day, not too far in the future, randomness kicks the handcart over! Instead of the users #$%^ing up that 'happy medium' randomness does!

Now, wait, you say, that can't go on forever. Pretty soon randomness will move elsewhere and it'll settle back down.

Right?

Right?

Well, maybe. It's random, after all!

Maybe it settles down, or maybe it doesn't. Maybe it gets worse. Maybe it gets so bad that instead of working toward that 'happy medium' the swings left and right get larger instead of smaller.

Once that happens there is only one solution: start over. Delete all the boxes and cats and all their history and hope it's a good long time until you have to start over, again.

I've modeled it this way. I've modeled it that way. And there are only two choices: eliminate the users, or eliminate randomness (which, probably, leads to eliminating the users but that's another issue entirely).

So, yes, there's a 'happy medium' but you **REALLY** don't want 'the system' to search for it because either YOU (all of you) will screw it up, or, randomness will.

That means we have to accept either the population explodes and prices crash (normal cats) or the population crashes but prices remain high (Confetti cats).

Sorry.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Gloria Marchant , Theodore Nacht
09-29-2016, 12:16 PM
(09-28-2016 10:22 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  

There is the problem.

If I freeze everything and make the model, yes, there is a 'happy medium'. But producing a box .. just one, mind you .. moves that 'happy medium' someplace else.

So, the 'happy medium' needs to be recomputed after every box. Right? Well, not so fast! Sure, it's a computer and it can do the work. But will it actually achieve the desired results?

No.

What happens is this box gets created (we'll call it the Right box). This pushes the happy medium shifts a bit to the left. So the next box (call it Left) is a bit left of the happy point. That shifts the point right.

Now, if I eliminate randomness, eventually that shifting a bit left and a bit right settles down. It will never hit the 'happy medium' but it will never be very far from it.

That means your cats will be boringly predictable. You'll know, even before you produce them, that the next will, or will not, be what you want.

So, what happens? Well, of course, you SKIP that box, don't you? You know, going it you're not going to want it. Why bother? Seems reasonable, right?

So, the model settles down to a nice, predictable 'happy medium' and what happens? THE USERS $%&* IT UP!!! Suddenly everybody is skipping the 'Left' boxes and only taking the 'Right'.

No problem, that just moves the 'happy medium' to the left and left and left again.. y'all wanted 'good, Right boxes'? Foo. I'm going to make nothing but 'crappy, Left boxes'! AND THE MORE YOU TRY THE HARDER I WILL FIGHT BACK!!!

And what happens?

For a while, nothing.

But, one day, not too far in the future, randomness kicks the handcart over! Instead of the users #$%^ing up that 'happy medium' randomness does!

Now, wait, you say, that can't go on forever. Pretty soon randomness will move elsewhere and it'll settle back down.

Right?

Right?

Maybe it settles down, or maybe it doesn't. Maybe it gets worse. Maybe it gets so bad that instead of working toward that 'happy medium' the swings left and right get larger instead of smaller.

Once that happens there is only one solution: start over. Delete all the boxes and cats and all their history and hope it's a good long time until you have to start over, again.

I've modeled it this way. I've modeled it that way. And there are only two choices: eliminate the users, or eliminate randomness (which, probably, leads to eliminating the users but that's another issue entirely).

So, yes, there's a 'happy medium' but you **REALLY** don't want 'the system' to search for it because either YOU (all of you) will screw it up, or, randomness will.

That means we have to accept either the population explodes and prices crash (normal cats) or the population crashes but prices remain high (Confetti cats).

Sorry.

Ok Ok I got it....ROFLMAO.....
01-15-2017, 03:46 PM
(09-28-2016 10:22 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  

There is the problem.

No.

And what happens?

For a while, nothing.

Right?

Right?

Sorry.

OMG Tad! You lost me in the first sentence....My eyes are glazed. But thanks, I guess.
01-15-2017, 04:01 PM
I agree there is a happy medium and its not impossible to achieve. One happy medium would be to make sure that least 1 new set of confetti's male and female is born from every pair!. That way there still not explosion but least there is away to continue on your process. The other thing that needs to happen is the removal of genesis fur. There confetti's there not normal cats. They shouldn't hide typical genesis fur. They show coco berry which is a confetti genesis fur. They should then hide Confetti color and normal fur and perhaps another normal fur if there worried about bring stats out of wack. That way you don't end up with a cattery full of genesis furs. They also need a better way to breed genesis so that the lines are not disrupted as much when trying to trait up said cats. They want to treat confetti's like there something special but in reality there nothing more then higher stakes gambling where the table has odds more in its own favor then yours and the bets are twice as high.
 Thanks given by: Marisa Starbrook
01-16-2017, 04:11 AM
I gave up on confettis several months ago. Just too frustrating to mainly get genesis.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
01-16-2017, 09:17 AM
I have hadd a pair gave me 1 color and all genesis, and when they first came out i got a couple cocoberrie sbut breeding them led to all genesis. I do want to breed them again because it's fun but its very frstrating too cause you're paiyng to feed these unique cats and all you get is gen back.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Oselkhandro Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)