Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

About new Valentine collection
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
RE: About new Valentine collection
"Starter Lottery" - yes exactly. I didn't pin it out when I first mentioned it in my first post, but this is what I meant. It is like it was with the meeroos when they first came out. Lots of people investing, most getting nothing, and a lucky few winning the lottery and laughing all the way to the bank. Brilliant way to create resentment and unhappiness, sorry to say Confused

I know the KittyCats creators did NOT do this to piss us off - Why on earth would they?!? - And in no way would I start pointing fingers and call out "Monsters!" - but I do believe this is a mistake, and I will join in with the crowd pointing out that mistake for ONE reason and one reason only: To hopefully prevent it from happening again.

We can argue that this mistake should not have happened, and we can blame and yell and scream and whatnot, but it makes no difference - as I see it, the ONLY important thing is that it never happens again.

Saga
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kristyn23 Resident , Karen Veriander
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 08:17 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I place monsters between qouts "monsters".
And again I agree this time the Love Leopard Kitty vendor did hold somewhat to much kitties.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

02-09-2012, 08:31 PM
I will have to agree with the Love Leopards having too many.

I went to a sell group to make sure I got one boy and one girl (in colors I wanted blue and purple respectively). Because the males and females in all those colors were in the same vendor it was not worth it to have a hit or miss. I did gamble with the Love Letters, but was easily able to trade and didn't care what colors or gender I got. Though I also got a Purple and Blue the Genders are still up in the air - but hey, matching Love kitties Smile.
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 08:49 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(02-09-2012 08:31 PM)Stormrunner Laval Wrote:  I will have to agree with the Love Leopards having too many.

I went to a sell group to make sure I got one boy and one girl (in colors I wanted blue and purple respectively). Because the males and females in all those colors were in the same vendor it was not worth it to have a hit or miss. I did gamble with the Love Letters, but was easily able to trade and didn't care what colors or gender I got. Though I also got a Purple and Blue the Genders are still up in the air - but hey, matching Love kitties Smile.

Cool:-) You have matching love kitties!
I see boxes for sale on the market for nice prices lately I think people are trying their luck by selling what they have purchased double:-)

Retro Kitties Showroom »

02-09-2012, 08:55 PM
(02-09-2012 08:31 PM)Stormrunner Laval Wrote:  I will have to agree with the Love Leopards having too many.

I am so glad I got to help you out with your blue and purple collection! Nice addition to all your collectors kitties Storm!

Come visit us at Alley Cats! We running low on empty shacks!
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Al...147/129/24
02-09-2012, 10:12 PM
There has always been one or tow of the collector cats who were more rare then others which I can appreciate, what I feel was upsetting was that the rarest one also has a new trait you can only get with it. I don't think that aspect of it was well thought out.

I do greatly appreciate that they did a limited to them eye and shade like the lazy dazies though instead of adding in a ton of new traits when we are still finding the others that are out there.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kristyn23 Resident
02-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I agree that the problem arises because the rarest cat is also the only one to have a nice and brand new trait.

But it is not entirely true that there has always been a cat more rare than the rest - it was not like that with the Lazy Dayzies at all, only in the later Special Editions.
Also, ALL the Lazy Dayzies carried one of their eyes + the shade - not just one of them.

I think the Lazy Dayzies and their guaranteed and now retired traits worked really well, and I was happy to hear that this new collection would work in much the same way. -EXCEPT for that shade being limited to the rarest cat of them all - and the fact that there IS a cat that is rarer than the rest to begin with... I personally never liked that a bit.
 Thanks given by: Kristyn23 Resident
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 10:33 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(02-09-2012 10:12 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  There has always been one or tow of the collector cats who were more rare then others which I can appreciate, what I feel was upsetting was that the rarest one also has a new trait you can only get with it. I don't think that aspect of it was well thought out.

I do greatly appreciate that they did a limited to them eye and shade like the lazy dazies though instead of adding in a ton of new traits when we are still finding the others that are out there.

I agree it would have been nice if all the love leopards would have carried this new shade.
I assume a lot of the current frustration, some feel, would have been avoided with this.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

02-10-2012, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 03:01 AM by anna Acanthus.)
Well i see this new batch more like roulette, people knowing they should stop but lured by the chance of getting the coveted Kitty and going back "just one more time" : in for a penny, in for a pound, and getting more and more disheartened in the process.
Not being much of a gambler myself i set myself a limit of 6 leopards and as i got an ambrosia boy i did go back twice to try for a girl but it stopped there.

Also i think that there is a question of responsibility here : there are many fragile people whose lives revolve around SL and often their kitties, so in fact it's really a good thing that some react in anger rather than in quiet desperation. In other words i really think like others here that following the Meeroo marketing example is a bad move.
(A few months ago a very dear and generous friend actually offered to set me up with some very good roos, and i would surely have made much more money than i do now but it would've meant choosing between them and my kitties and also i didn't AT ALL fancy getting into the roo community. )

As Saga points out, the specials precedent to the halloween kitties worked fine, those who had the means bought quite a lot but everyone had equal chances of producing the new traits.
Another point is i fear this will hit an already struggling secondary market so bad that many will be forced to stop or drastically reduce their stock. People who did have the money to invest in buying kitties no longer do, not for this month anyhow …

Real Life is already governed by an insidious and vampiric economic model and day by day we can see the number of victims grows at an alarming rate and it's a shame to start reproducing this model here, we all need to escape from it and feel some sanity somewhere. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's ethical or equitable, take a look at the species of sub-humans who make these laws and tell them " up yours ..!.. " As for those who think this is "just a game" they need to try some real thinking for a change …

Also i do wish people would stop considering those who succeed or get lucky rather, as some kind of elite, it's totally ridiculous. I found it very amusing a few months ago when i was making a killing on the market that you suddenly become some sort of legend and did my best to lol it down as often as possible, also sometimes i didn't feel very comfortable about making that amount of money, although some were making much more than i was .
The only success worth talking about is being a decent human being in real life, and in my book the postman deserves just as much deference and respect as the president, or certainly more in the present case, ( i live in France Wink )
 Thanks given by: Corey Somme
02-10-2012, 04:06 AM
SadI think all this says more about people than KittyCats....the general excitement and hopes to win a lottery....which this vendor is. All in the group chat were winding one another up..hoping to hit the big time although unsure what that was

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)