Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

About new Valentine collection
02-16-2012, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 04:38 PM by Karen Veriander.)
RE: About new Valentine collection
(02-15-2012 06:10 AM)Nocshadue Balbozar Wrote:  (For that I'd suggest Markets promote outside the KC community as well as hold regular events to draw folks in)

So, lesson learned I hope? You know, I do understand that KC wants to stay "outside" the secondary market and with good reason. However...perhaps an occasional panel discussion with some long term breeders to bounce ideas around would not be a bad thing. I know you all read the forums..but we can't read your minds and a causal 'off the record' chat with a few breeders may prevent future headaches.

Peace,
Noc

There are a lot of very insightful posts in this thread, but Noc, you brought up some points that really resonated with me, and I just wanted to throw in an enthusiastic "YES YES YES" to this bit.

KittyCats is celebrating its first year. How much has the customer base really grown in that time? Without constant growth and expansion of that base, we are all sitting on piles of cute, cuddly, smart-talking, beautifully scripted and sculpted assets that are losing value as we just keep passing cats amongst ourselves. And that loss only accelerates every time the community goes crazy McNutso over a new trait, gets pickier and pickier over what comprises a "decent" cat or becomes brokenhearted because the super-duper-special cats seem so far out of reach.

I agree with you that this core base - the people who get so excited about new traits - is going to be the backbone of Kittycats' business for the foreseeable future. But what happens when increasing numbers of that core group get disheartened and depressed - as Kristyn so eloquently expressed - after spending tons of real, actual money on a "lottery" that they perceive as a make-or-break win for them, and coming up empty-handed? Sure, KittyCats might make $750L on every pull of that slot-machine handle. But how much do they lose when a breeder menageries all her cats, fire-sales her boxes and is no longer making weekly runs to the KittyCats sim to plunk down close to $3KL on the super-size box of kibble? What about that breeder's circle of friends that she was working to draw into KCs as a fun, rewarding hobby?

The thing is: KittyCats are such an awesome product. They beat other breedables hands down. They beat other non-breedable pets hands down. They are fun, affordable, versatile and ... just awesome.

I made my share of pulls on that slot-machine handle, but I'll be honest - I was far more excited about the free birthday cats, and I really wish they hadn't been released under the "shadow" of the V-Day collection, because it seemed to me to be a prime marketing opportunity gone to waste. The SL8B cats were featured prominently on several huge freebie blogs and message boards. After the Advent promotion,there was a heartening flood of "beginner" questions in the KittyCats chat groups, and I personally saw a lot of new names in my transaction history (If I'm online, I will often IM new people I see buying my cats, and more than a few said they were "hooked" by the Advent gifts.)

I saw almost zero promotion of the birthday cats. Sad And these are freaking adorable cats - the orangeness! The blueness! The cuteness! The little-pointy-hatness!

I guess all this rambling is really just a way of saying .... are we (and KittyCats) missing the bigger picture here? Could all that time spent pondering new traits have been better utilized by trying to find a way to get more people addicted to the "crack catcaine" of SecondLife? Occasional discussions with breeders - the elite and the not-so-elite - might help the KC team come up with future ideas that grow business for everybody - and ensure that people keep TPing over to KittyCats sim to lug home super-sized boxes of Mackerel Muffins and Tuna Krispies. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Heart Coriander Co-Op, our cute little store at Too Adorable! Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Easnadh Swansong
03-06-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: About new Valentine collection
I am so naming my next kitty Crazy McNutso Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)