Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestions on finding this boy's hidden fur?
07-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Suggestions on finding this boy's hidden fur?
My SLB13 birthday starter, Starbuck, has had three kittens so far, all Genesis Pearl. I have partnered him with two Tonkinese Blue Minks (one of them is a probable Burmilla Chocolate hider) and one girl with a more dominant fur, an Australian Mist Lilac Marble - all three pairings resulted in the Genesis Pearl fur. I'm wondering if he might be hiding something really recessive or if it's just random.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a next pairing? Should I try a Burmilla Chocolate girl or go to the other extreme and try a really dominant fur?

I have a Gyazo link here for Starbuck and I'm also posting the pics of his three Genesis Pearl kittens.

https://gyazo.com/efba7286a933fa15db92eb49c4360778

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: Suggestions on finding this boy's hidden fur?
It's just random. You can get lucky and have the hidden fur pass the first time. The worst luck I've ever had was it didn't pass until the 10th box. It is exactly like flipping a coin,t he same randomness of heads or tails. I'd go recessive on the fur so when it does pop you are more likely to know what it is.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
08-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Well, Starbuck is now up to five Genesis Pearl kittens, with three different nicely recessive "starter-banger" moms.

https://gyazo.com/fddadcb1173e23ce32f730f2842944df

I'm baffled on how to draw out this fellow's mystery fur!

08-10-2016, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 03:30 PM by HappyDaize Resident.)
Yes.. keep pairing him to a recessive mate. Sometimes the cats are uber stubborn.

For example... this Tonkinese Champagne girl of mine, bred to a more recessive fur, kept refusing to pass her shown fur.
It took seven go rounds before she finally gave me a single Tonk Champagne furred offspring... and then she tossed her recessive fur again on the eighth go.

[Image: THjFw2m.png]
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Ellen Ireland
08-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Murphy's KC law: when you want the hidden, kitty smiles and gives you the shown
when you want the shown, kitty grins and gives you the hid

Contrary cats!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Alassariah Resident
08-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Wow, Hap, that's a lot of Aby Dark Chocolates! *shaking my head*

(08-10-2016 03:21 PM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  Yes.. keep pairing him to a recessive mate. Sometimes the cats are uber stubborn.

For example... this Tonkinese Champagne girl of mine, bred to a more recessive fur, kept refusing to pass her shown fur.
It took seven go rounds before she finally gave me a single Tonk Champagne furred offspring... and then she tossed her recessive fur again on the eighth go.

[Image: THjFw2m.png]

08-10-2016, 04:59 PM
LOL.. I know right? I retired her as a non-breeding "pet" after the sixth Aby kitten box. But then I brought her back out of retirement for a couple Saga project test matings, before retiring her once again.

I do hope your boy gives you his recessive fur soon... and that it's something exciting. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)