Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Project pairings at Saga's project site
07-14-2016, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 12:37 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Project pairings at Saga's project site
I am helping out by doing the spreadsheet for project pairings at Saga's project site. It is organized by the trait being tested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

if the box is in white, the project pairing is being done at the project test site

if th box is in pink, the project pairing is being done in the person's own cattery

if the box is red, a proof has been found

I see my helping out as in conjunction with the Forum threads I started on the summer project of placing eyes and furs to try to get some dominance stuff cleaned up before Halloween. So there will probably be some cross references between threads.

If I get anything wrong on the pairing list, just let me know.

if you'd like to know what needs to be tested for dominance and their currently identified range:

summer 2016 project: furs needing placement
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=26487

summer 2016 project: eyes needing placement
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=26486

FYI: I think it's good to post charts both to Saga's and the Forum. charts to Saga's helps Saga get updated faster. Charts on the forum gets seen by the public so can be teaching tools to newer folks and also a way to share and communicate with each other as we do dominance tests. Also results can be viewed faster on the threads.

The Saga project site has limits on chart sizes for individuals which means the pedigrees are very very hard to see there or people have taken them down due to the rules. It's a pity cuz it made it easy to see what people were doing but they have their reasons. Constricting elements does make the site easier to rez. I don't know anyone having a problem with crashing or lag there (knock on wood) at the project site. So, it makes more sense to continue posting pedigrees on the threads so we can congratulate, commisserate, discuss and share each other's progress as tests fail and succeed.

Saga's is the definitive source that everyone hits to check dominance for Furs and Eyes. The work we all do in sending in charts showing dominance between traits is very important in keeping Saga's up-to-date on those traits. Mr. Cat's is a bit faster on dominance on other traits (tails, ears, whiskers) but Saga's is a close second there. But without the community of kittycat breeders sharing the results of their breeding, there would be no Saga charts or Mr. Cat's charts. So honestly we need you! and your charts!

if you want to be on the project pairing list but prefer to have your cats at home, i'll be happy to pencil in the pairing on the chart -- but you have to commit to sending the positive findings (finding something dom/rec and narrowing a range) of the charts to Saga and/or post on the thread. Also commit to tell us to take a pairing off the chart if it doesn't work out. All charts submitted are vetted. So there may be follow up if something isn't clear.

2FYI: if you don't want to do dominance testing but want to help out, you can always donate kibble or milk at the site for folks who are testing. We actually designate you a "Breeder Feeder", lol, so you can drop off food. It helps a lot. You can also donate lindens to Saga's for kibble or milk. Currently the land is being donated so donations to the project site go 100% towards testing.

Looking forward to seeing your breedings!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Alassariah Resident , Reven Rosca , Peaches Latrell , Aubreygrace Starlight
07-14-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Project pairings at Saga's project site
I have broken my Aby Ruddy/Tawny Tabby pairing, since Charles proved their relation and Alassariah is also breeding those furs.
My Malchite/Chrystal Sea test is now at the project platform, and I am also testing Pomegranate against Frost eyes.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
07-14-2016, 10:08 AM
Are the Tonkinese Champagne vs Aby Ruddy fur, and the Ody Burst vs Serenity eye placements still in question?

I noticed yesterday I have boxes sitting in my cattery for an Aby Ruddy female w Serenity eye, and several Tonk Champagne boys with Ody Burst eyes. If there is interest in working out those placements still, I can pop open a pairing of those kitten boxes and set them up.

Let me know if that would be helpful. Wink
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-14-2016, 11:28 AM
(07-14-2016 10:08 AM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  Are the Tonkinese Champagne vs Aby Ruddy fur, and the Ody Burst vs Serenity eye placements still in question?

I noticed yesterday I have boxes sitting in my cattery for an Aby Ruddy female w Serenity eye, and several Tonk Champagne boys with Ody Burst eyes. If there is interest in working out those placements still, I can pop open a pairing of those kitten boxes and set them up.

The eye placement project tread says
Quote:Serenity
Saga's charts says: dominant to Ice Crystal and recessive to Crystal Sun
Ody Burst and the Crystals

So I'd pop them!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-14-2016, 11:47 AM
(07-14-2016 10:08 AM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  Are the Tonkinese Champagne vs Aby Ruddy fur, and the Ody Burst vs Serenity eye placements still in question?

I've just posted a pedigree in the Champagne thread showing Tonk - Champagne as dominant to ASH - Cream & White, therefore dominant to Aby - Ruddy too.

Abi.
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
07-14-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 05:42 PM by HappyDaize Resident.)
Excellent.. congrats Abi!

If only the eyes still need placing, then I can save my Tonk boxes for another time. I do have other odd boxes/dif furs with those eyes as well... I'll see which ones I don't really need and will pop a couple for a test pair.

Updated to add: I've placed a Serenity x Ody Burst eye pair on mat #18 at Saga Project.
07-15-2016, 04:48 AM
Thanks everybody for the updates.

So just as a check, here is what I have

Reven: remove Abby Rddy/Tawny; change Malachite/Crystal Sea from home cattery to Saga's place; add Pomegranate/Frost under both eye pairings

HappyDaize: add Serenity/Ody Burst pairing

Congrats AbiJen on the new proof for Tonki Champ, I'll slide over there next to update the furs sheet but going inworld first to pick up updates through notecards or IMs

Through IMs:

Ivy Norsk: remove Crystal Crush/Bronze due to Reven's proof on thread; added Crystal Crush/Ody Cognac Moon; partnering with Dreampoetz added Bronze/Ody Slush

Dreampoetz: per Ivy Norsk partnering added Bronze/Ody Slush

No notecards

Ok, that's everything I see on this thread. I'll go check the other other threads and add any I see there.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-15-2016, 04:58 AM
I think Happy was testing the BSH with Aussie DC not AbyDC? We already know it is dom to the aby. This is fun to watch, thank you
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , HappyDaize Resident
07-15-2016, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 05:14 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
You might be right, Peaches, let me go check the notecard

4:09 am
checked the notecard and site. It is British Shorthair Cream&White vs Dark Choco Aussie. I'll fix that. Good catch, Peaches! (considering we were talking about it on the thread and I suggested she check if the baby had Dark Choco Aussie hid, you would thing I wouldn't have made that mistake -- but my memory is notoriously bad) Sorry, HappyDaize.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Peaches Latrell , HappyDaize Resident
07-15-2016, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 06:24 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
News Flash: Galaxy Trip is definitely recessive to Verdant. Cuts out a lot of eyes. Aubrey asked me to post the chart (gyazo is great but can be a pain to get it t sho on the forum)
https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=26552&page=1

because Dreampoetz found Galaxy Trip recessive to Verdant, she is changing her partners. She had Galaxy Trip to Crystal Berry, Beach Blue and Twilight. She is changing to Galaxy Trip to Violet and Double Odyssey Love (we're talking inworld as I type)

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Peaches Latrell

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)