Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Ugly Cat problems
07-06-2016, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 01:25 PM by Sylvia Wasp.)
Ugly Cat problems
Hello,

I got taken in when I bought my KittyCat in that the picture on the Marketplace advertisement looked absolutely nothing at all like the cat that eventually came out of the box. So this is kind of fraud technically but I guess there isn't anything anyone will do about that. That part is just a warning.

My problem is that I just don't like the cat at all because it's so ugly and not anything like what I actually wanted, so my question is ...

... are there any services or places set up to deal with this kind of thing? Are there places where I could trade it for another cat? Places where they might take it in and actually like the poor thing as opposed to sending it to oblivion? I'd be into breeding it in the hopes of getting a better cat next round, but that means I have to buy another cat and a bunch more stuff.

I mean ... I know there is that "kill this cat" button in the HUD (cleverly labelled as something more innocuous, even though we all really know what it does), but I don't want to press it.

I don't want to kill the thing, but I don't like it and don't want it around for the next five years just because some seller fooled me into buying a $700 ugly cat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2016, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 03:26 PM by Aubreygrace Starlight.)
RE: Ugly Cat problems
It sounds like you should probably talk to the person you bought it from and maybe see if they will take it back and refund you or trade it for another.

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk
07-06-2016, 05:52 PM
One person's ugly cat is another one's beautiful cat. I have a gazillion KittyCat boxes (well, over 1500) so I probably have something you would consider more attractive that I could trade. What were you looking for?

(07-06-2016 01:24 PM)Sylvia Wasp Wrote:  Hello,

I got taken in when I bought my KittyCat in that the picture on the Marketplace advertisement looked absolutely nothing at all like the cat that eventually came out of the box. So this is kind of fraud technically but I guess there isn't anything anyone will do about that. That part is just a warning.

My problem is that I just don't like the cat at all because it's so ugly and not anything like what I actually wanted, so my question is ...

... are there any services or places set up to deal with this kind of thing? Are there places where I could trade it for another cat? Places where they might take it in and actually like the poor thing as opposed to sending it to oblivion? I'd be into breeding it in the hopes of getting a better cat next round, but that means I have to buy another cat and a bunch more stuff.

I mean ... I know there is that "kill this cat" button in the HUD (cleverly labelled as something more innocuous, even though we all really know what it does), but I don't want to press it.

I don't want to kill the thing, but I don't like it and don't want it around for the next five years just because some seller fooled me into buying a $700 ugly cat.

07-06-2016, 07:46 PM
(07-06-2016 05:52 PM)Ellen Ireland Wrote:  One person's ugly cat is another one's beautiful cat. I have a gazillion KittyCat boxes (well, over 1500) so I probably have something you would consider more attractive that I could trade. What were you looking for?
Well I still think the cat was misrepresented, but I have been educated a bit on KittyCats, and now I can say what I am looking for at least!

This is a long shot maybe but it turns out that some of the things I like are unpopular and most of the things that are popular I don't like, so here goes.

I would trade for a female or maybe get a male for breeding of type:

Abyssinian Creme
Curious, Violet eyes
Soft Curl ears,
Silver Guitar Whiskers
Not sure on the tail but definitely *not* "Fluffy"

That is if build-a-cat is believable.
As I said, I've been burned by pictures before and the actual cat often doesn't look like the picture (which looks like it was probably made with build-a-cat).
I'd have to see the cat in person.

(I know this is not really controllable) but it would also be nice if it's tongue didn't stick out all the time. That's just gross and I don't understand why anyone would want that.

Apologies for any perceived negativity, I am new to the game.

Sylvia
07-06-2016, 09:20 PM
I don't have exactly that combination, although I have a few that are similar. One good way to shop for KittyCats by specific traits is this market website:

http://kittycats.info/market

It lets you select for the various traits and then see if a cat with that description is currently on sale. If you can't get the exact specs that you want, then you can at least see how close you can get. It doesn't cover every KittyCat on the grid, because it is tied to the "profilers" that are used at most auctions and most stores, and it will only show you the cats that have been associated with a profiler, but that does give you a pretty good selection.

07-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Thanks Ellen,

Is there any link you know of to what the various type of tails look like? Build A Cat doesn't show them.
07-06-2016, 10:32 PM
IIRC there used to be one. But it went away with the emergency switch to the .ws TLD.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)