Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Love Levels Resetting?
06-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Love Levels Resetting?
We have three cats, two for me and one for my partner. We're not breeding them or anything and none are partnered, but we've got milk out and left breeding on to help keep their happiness in the 90's and to let their Love levels increase as well.

Monday or so, all of their Love levels was between 80-85%. Last night, the Love levels on my two had dropped to 20% and her's had climbed to 100%, where it has stayed when I checked today. Mine have risen to 30% today, but that's still a long drop from where it was earlier this week.

Did my two just experience some sort of SL "burp" or is it because I have multiple cats and she only has the one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: Love Levels Resetting?
I don't think this is a bug, but a feature.
I suppose you have a male and a female cat? In that case, they have had a kitten box somewhere within their range.

Kitties with breeding on will have kittens without being partnered as long as they belong to the same person and are in range of each other when the stats are right. That will make the love % drop to 0.

Love levels don't really mean anything other than that the kitties can have a box when they reach 100, and happines can be boosted with cuddles as well. This means that you can turn breeding ff and save 50% kibble if you don't want kittens.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: oliviatoms Resident
06-30-2016, 09:36 PM
Thank you for the info, Reven. I'm now a "kitty grandma"...lol!

I didn't know that if you had two of the opposite sex and weren't partnered, they would still have kittens.
07-01-2016, 05:51 AM
You know now!
Congrats!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
07-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Oh, yeah. Actually, you can use the automatic pairing as a way to mix your gene pool.

Consider having 26 females and 25 males. Week 1 A and a, Bb, Cc, etc. But female Z has no partner. Week 2 A and a come ready, But Z has been waiting. So you'll get either Aa or Za, then you'll get either Ab, Bb or Zb for male 'b' .. etc (one of those won't be possible) .. and so on down the line.

I principle, it should be random. But, in practice, it's more first-come-first-served and the odd (wo)man out from last week will take the first partner this week

If you let this go week after week, you wind up with a pile of boxes, each with a unique pair of parents. And, statistically, the average number of traits exposes in those boxes should be slightly higher than the average number of traits in the parent generation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)