Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

American Shorthair - Cream & White Tabby
06-26-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: American Shorthair - Cream & White Tabby
As per the suggestion, I have started a thread for the Aby Ruddy recessivness and posted my pedigree images. hopefully other people will have some pedigrees to add so the position can be verified without too many new boxes needing opening. I dont have much in the way of furs around the same area so I dont know if i can add much to help figuring out the true postition. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
06-26-2016, 06:10 PM
This chart should prove that ASH C&W is Dom to Chateau C&W2, which is one step further down the list.

[Image: ed04f21da50b8e5ff0935e36fc06e324.png]

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
06-29-2016, 02:58 PM
on the Abyssinian Ruddy vs Cream & White Tabby issue, I've been talking to the Saga folks about it. It turns out because they are very early furs before the current volunteers became chart managers, they don't have charts from that time. So the following furs need to be retested. They have some land they will dedicate to this chart testing and kibble. They have a set up a team to work on this -- and I have volunteered for the team so will be working with them directly

Furs to be retested
Abyssinian Ruddy
Cream & White Tabby
Snowshoe Chocolate

and Ocicat Black because it was placed due through Aby Ruddy

Cool thing is some past chart proofs on the forums are helping to keep things set so not everything needs to be restested. This will also provide charts tht they file these days (Cream & White Tabby and Snowshoe Chocolate are original furs from the beginning!). That way if htere are future questions, the charts will be on hand to check against.

So here are the prioities

Piority #1: Abyssinian Ruddy vs. Tawny Tabby
Quote from the note Saga sent me
"Piority #1: Abyssinian Ruddy vs. Tawny Tabby is definitely a top priority, because if Ruddy is dominant to the Tawny, we can establish Foxie Auburn > Oci Black > Ruddy > Tawny Tabby as a locked in sequence. Then we only have Snowshoe Chocolate and Cream & White Tabby to worry about."

Also from their note
"Priority #2: Any of the following:
Snowshoe Choc vs. Foxie Auburn
Snowshoe Choc vs. Cream & White Tabby
Oci Black vs. Cream & White Tabby
If we can confirm those 4, that should give us a good framework. If they can fall into a certain order, it could fix everything fairly quickly.

Any confirmation of Abyssinian Ruddy and Ocicat Black would be welcome, just to be on the safe side."

If you have charts with those pairings proven, please post int he forum and send to Saga. If you are willing to do a breeding, Saga can set you up with a square on the project land (kibble will be out for people willing to do these tests)

If you have one fur out but not the other, say so, maybe we can do some team pairings.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
07-03-2016, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 12:43 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Cream & White Tabby definitely dominant to Tawny Tabby

I found this old chart--currently going through all my old charts to see if anything fits. It is not one of the one's Saga needs but since it does show the bottom edge of the furs that need to be reorganized since Aby Ruddy has been found recessive to Cream & White Tabby, I am posting it.

Area to be redefined

Foxie Auburn
Ocicat Black
Abyssinian Ruddy
Snowshoe Chocolate *
Cream & White Tabby *
Tawny Tabby

Chart: Cream & White Tabby dom to Tawny Tabby

Mom shows Cream & White Tabby
Dad shows Ocicat Ebony Silver
Baby shows Tawny Tabby

[Image: 7bc04974af646639e92e94a05c51ff36.png]

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-15-2016, 07:21 AM
My first Snowshoe Choc shown, maybe Cream&White Tabby hid did not pan out -- box has Snowsheo Choc shown

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Kayla and I have a kitten!

[Image: ab03af0ea074043a5b412f03aedf1c90.png]

We'll have to pop the box to see if it hides Oci or Bengal Black.

Tad nailed it!
07-16-2016, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2016 01:37 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Oh gosh! Hands out cigars! She looks so pretty! Crystal Crush looks like a shimmering gold on that fur. crosses fingers we get Ocicat black back.

Do you want to bop them again to be on the safe side?

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-16-2016, 02:55 PM
(07-16-2016 01:16 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Oh gosh! Hands out cigars! She looks so pretty! Crystal Crush looks like a shimmering gold on that fur. crosses fingers we get Ocicat black back.

Do you want to bop them again to be on the safe side?
I think we should,since we don't know what mum threw

Tad nailed it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)