Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

summer 2016 project: furs needing placement
09-05-2016, 07:14 PM
RE: summer 2016 project: furs needing placement
Woot! And tonight, 9/5, British SH C&W is proven Dominant to Ocicat Chocolate (see Brit fur thread for pedigree proof).
The range for placement is getting narrower all the time. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
09-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Updated: 9/6/16: British Shorthair Cream & White dominant to Ocicat Chocolate. (so between Abyssinian Blue and Ocicat chocolate now.) also this means t hat now the range for British Shorthair Cream & White and Australian Mist - Dark Chocolate no longer overlap

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
09-07-2016, 03:35 PM
UPdate: 9/7/16: Foxie - Cocoa & Cream dominant to Balinese Flame Lynx. Down to one fur to test against that Foxie: Balinese Blue Lynx! Great job, Breeann!!!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-08-2016, 11:21 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2016 06:31 PM by HappyDaize Resident.)
9/8 update in regards to the fur tests I am currently still working on:

British SH C&W -- proof that Brit is rec to Aby Blue & Dom to Oci Chocolate. I've placed the proof kitten boxes for both of these on mat #18 at the Saga project, in case anyone wishes to review them.

Brit x Bengal Snow (at Saga) -- two test kittens (Bengal Snow fur shown) currently unpacked and being bred to pull the hidden fur(s). This week was a bust - test cat passed the shown fur. Third test box (also Bengal Snow fur shown) is on stand-by in case needed.

Brit x Aby Fawn (at Saga) -- two test kittens (Aby Fawn fur shown) are unpacked and paired to pull the hidden fur(s).

Brit x Siamese Flame (at Saga) -- paired and waiting for the Siam to mature.

Australian Mist - Dark Chocolate -- proof that AM-DC is rec to Bali Chocolate. I've left the proof kitten box on mat #18 at the Saga project. *Note that Alassariah has proven AM-DC Dom to Bali Flame, so the potential range for placement currently lies between these two furs..

AM-DC x Bali Lilac (at Saga, teamed up w Ivy on this one) -- one test kitten (AM-DC fur shown) is unpacked and maturing. Parent's re-partnered to produce a second box, in case it is needed.

AM-DC x Pandie Plat (at Saga) -- several test kitten boxes have revealed the wrong hidden fur. My last remaining test kitten (Pandie Plat fur shown) is paired and gaining love.

Pandie Plat x Foxie Blondie (at Saga, with Kayla) -- we had several test kittens fail (wrong hiddens), so had to start over. One test kitten currently unpacked (has Pandie fur shown).
 Thanks given by: Alassariah Resident
09-09-2016, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 01:04 AM by Alassariah Resident.)
/ me kicks Foxie CC and Bali FL off the Saga mat!

That's the pair that got me started on this. Rolleyes
Congratulations Breeann!

I hope you can place AM - DC, Happy. Good luck! Big Grin

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!
09-12-2016, 01:54 PM
Update: 9/12/16: Chateau Slate & White No. 1 is recessive to Cream Tabby

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Ivy Norsk
09-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Update: 9/14/16: British Shorthair Cream & White is recessive to Bengal Snow

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-15-2016, 03:04 PM
9/15 At this point i am gradually wrapping up the Saga fur projects I had been working on for the summer.
I'll run through the remaining test kitties until they reveal their hiddens, but that's likely as far as I can afford to go.

I may perhaps keep working on the British, since the fur is so close to being placed now.
The furs I am testing it against currently are Aby Fawn and Siamese Flame... and I have an Oci Tawny standing by.

The AM-DC fur, I have a test cat from a Bali Lilac cross and one from a Pandie Plat cross still on my mat. Once those reveal their hiddens, I'll likely be picking up everything but the Brit project cats.
09-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Foxie BlondieGryfflet and Pandie Platinum Mabel (Hap's great grandchild her Frozen) = Platinum showing = checking for foxie blondie hid, failed, had bengal black.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-24-2016, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2016 03:37 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Update: using the chart dates for the update dates since I am playing catch up
9/18/16: Scottish Shorthair - Brown & White is recessive to Australian Mist - Lilac Marble
9/21/16 Pandie Platinum is dominant to Foxie Blondie
9/24/16 British Shorthair Cream & White is dominant to Siamese Flame
9/25/16 Scottish Shorthair - Brown & White is dominant to Chateau - Coffee & Cream No. 1

(starting the process of catching, starting from the bottom of the page and working my way up -- if there is any I am missing, let me know. computer says 10 minutes so will continue some more later.)

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)