Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Moss eye
08-23-2016, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 03:25 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
RE: Moss eye
(08-23-2016 04:29 AM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  I am partnering with Cee on the Tranquilit proof. The baby is growing an needs to prove it's hid. While Cadi the mom Tranquility eye looks pure, there is a possibility she hides Dry Olive as both her parents do. The dad a proven Pure Moss passed his eye and it shows. We should know in a couple weeks if it hides Tranq or Dry Olive.

[Image: a6bce4e2c09e3dff0be198c3aead975c.png]

Thats great, I have a moss breeding with a pure Tranquilty next week so my result will be definative as I can prove the purity of the eyes Smile. Just didn't want to waste my time if it was already proven as Cee stated.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
08-31-2016, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2016 03:17 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
My Moss and Tranquility baby dropped this a few minutes ago

[Image: 719fcab0828c6cde1b02baeca0a74386.png]

Moss is shown so tranquility hides. Proof of Tranquility purity follows.

The tranquility eye originates with the Cat Adil
Adil passed the eye to Dukat, who shows Kiras Ody Bellini rulling her out as the source of the eye.
Dukat & Kira are the parents of Juanita, Ephraim & Nicholette all of whom produced Tranquility eyed babies but themselves show Odyssey Bellini. Since we know Dukat hides Tranquility he must have passed it to each of his offspring
By the time we get to Niko the Tranquility has passed from hidden in both sets of grandparents to pure in the parents and therefore in Niko. As a matter of interest Nikos parents had 10 babies together and never produced anything other than Tranquility babies.
Kira shows Ody Bellini which was the eye hidden under the Genesis Water. There was no Tranquility eye anywhere in her line, therefore it was introduced by Adil, Dukats Father.

So Moss is Dominant to Tranquility and placed as between Onyx and Tranquility.
If anyone still has any doubts at allI will pop the box to confirm.

[Image: 840dba559bf4e818b5e72677d063f11f.png]

[Image: 8332bbae05c29afe120ea598ca3e125f.png]

[Image: 7df273e7def016bcfb20e779f954cbc1.png]

[Image: ed18e054c6e4c6b53d6fd2a88619e38e.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident , Reven Rosca , HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
08-31-2016, 07:59 AM
Thanks Arwen!

I think you should birth the baby for a couple reasons.

1. There is no proof that Kira does not have Tranquility or more recessive hid so some kids have to have Tranq hid but some may have more recessive. If her hid was proven, it would be simpler. Just because the Gen Water has Ody ell hid, does not mean the Ody Bell dad does not hve somthing more recessive hid. And while many cats have pure ody bell eyes because it was most recessive at one point, her hid would still need to be proven because hids pass for generations. Although I'm sure Fabio would have found the dad's hid if diff from ody bell, still needs to be proven. However, showing more proofs would be a pain. Since yo only care about the Moss/Tranq proof, birthing the baby solves the question.

2. Even though the preponderance of evidence is Dukat has Tranquility hid (and I think he does), there should be one proof in there that proves it as visual confirmation since we don't know Kira's hid. But why waste the time proving his hid when you really just want to prove Moss/Tranq hid. We really don't need another ancestral proof.

3. And this one is my real reason, if you birth the baby and pop the hid against something more recessive then it is a one-chart proof and you only need to send one chart to Saga and they only have to look at one chart. Also in the future if someone needs to verify the proof because a few eyes need repositioning, one chart is easiest to verify. With this many charts, it suggests a preponderance of evidence. And hids can pass for gens. A one-chart hard proof is best, in my opinion.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
08-31-2016, 11:24 AM
(08-31-2016 07:59 AM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Thanks Arwen!

I think you should birth the baby for a couple reasons.

1. There is no proof that Kira does not have Tranquility or more recessive hid so some kids have to have Tranq hid but some may have more recessive. If her hid was proven, it would be simpler. Just because the Gen Water has Ody ell hid, does not mean the Ody Bell dad does not hve somthing more recessive hid. And while many cats have pure ody bell eyes because it was most recessive at one point, her hid would still need to be proven because hids pass for generations. Although I'm sure Fabio would have found the dad's hid if diff from ody bell, still needs to be proven. However, showing more proofs would be a pain. Since yo only care about the Moss/Tranq proof, birthing the baby solves the question.

2. Even though the preponderance of evidence is Dukat has Tranquility hid (and I think he does), there should be one proof in there that proves it as visual confirmation since we don't know Kira's hid. But why waste the time proving his hid when you really just want to prove Moss/Tranq hid. We really don't need another ancestral proof.

3. And this one is my real reason, if you birth the baby and pop the hid against something more recessive then it is a one-chart proof and you only need to send one chart to Saga and they only have to look at one chart. Also in the future if someone needs to verify the proof because a few eyes need repositioning, one chart is easiest to verify. With this many charts, it suggests a preponderance of evidence. And hids can pass for gens. A one-chart hard proof is best, in my opinion.

Knowing how irrefutable proofs have to be I have in fact already birthed the baby because it may well be it provides the proof before I can get the proof Kira came from one of Fabaos pure Ody Bellini lines.
I will of course be asking him for that when I see him but since his time is so limited at the moment its not something I can expect quickly.
Kira was bred repeatedly with many other eyes recessive to Ody Bellini and never threw out anything otherthan Ody Bellini. Other cats from Dukats line have also been bred with eyes recessive to tranquility and again nothing else has ever appeared.
So the baby was birthed straight after I posted this morning and with luck yours will shed results and this will simply be a second confirmation once tested.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland , Kayla Woodrunner
09-01-2016, 05:09 AM
Yay! Thank you, Arwen!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
09-10-2016, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 09:59 PM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Yay! Cee and I got a definitive proof!

Moss is dominant to Tranquility

Mom has Moss
Dad has Dry Olive
Baby has Tranquility, the hid of Mom, proving Moss is dominant to Tranquility!

[Image: a55536f32d2e37a2feaa027f47dd071f.png]

Actually just realized this places Moss

9/10/16 Moss is placed between Onyx and Tranquility

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Arwen Swordthain
09-11-2016, 04:53 AM
(09-10-2016 09:53 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Yay! Cee and I got a definitive proof!

Mom has Moss
Dad has Dry Olive

Fantastic, my baby will breed this week and hopefully give up her hidden tranquility for proof number 2 Smile
I had already placed it my charts as I know my tranquility is pure.

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
09-11-2016, 05:21 AM
(09-10-2016 09:53 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Yay! Cee and I got a definitive proof!

Mom has Moss
Dad has Dry Olive

This is fabulous, and I can use my Pure DOP boy for other things.
I've waited for this proof, because I was 99% certain that Moss would be proven Dom to Tranquility.

Good job, girls!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
09-14-2016, 06:09 AM
And Milcah very kindly passed her hidden tranquility first time of trying so here is proof number 2 required to place Moss in the Saga Charts. A copy is winging its way to them now Smile

[Image: a7747396279a9d0158a84c1648919584.png]

Forum Based Charts

Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner , HappyDaize Resident
09-14-2016, 07:13 AM
One more down! Well done Arwen!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)