Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Please Be Carefull !!
05-26-2014, 06:16 AM
RE: Please Be Carefull !!
Hi all!

Unfortunately this button to enable the Inworld Pedigree Link of all your cats at once doesn't exist. You need to click one by one and tick the box and hope SL obeys.

I read in previous post someone mentioning breeders being too lazy to enable the link or even assuming they have something to hide if the link is not enabled. I would be more careful before assuming anything, as most things in SL, this feature is not infallible. I have heard of many people having the same issue Wendi mentioned.
I have found that after ticking the box on the pedigree page and then toggling the box/cat to a different display form (If it's in Image mode change it to box, if it's in Box mode toggle to Image, if it's a live kitty just set it to any of the Low Prim options) it forces the link to show up without waiting. It takes about 6 to 10 minutes on my end to show on it's own without prompting the box/cat to do so.
When you have many boxes/cats rezzed for sale it can certainly represent a lot of work to click every single one of them, open the respective pedigree, tick the Inworld Pedigree box and then go back inworld to toggle the box/cat mode to force the link to show, just to make sure the link is there. I try to do it but I don't have too many boxes/cats rezzed for sale.
Please consider this when you find a box or cat without a pedigree link enabled in a store. Any respectable seller would be apologetic if you contact them to let them know and be more than happy to enable the link again or send you a screen shot of the kitty you are interested in.

I found this forum post when this function was released. This post also mentioned that we could now see the Breeder's name instead of "Someone Else" and this function was removed after much debate, so I took the liberty to remove that part of her post. You can find the original post here: http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=7380
(02-04-2013 08:54 PM)Kitten Longmeadow Wrote:  We're excited to announce some new functionality that's been added to the KittyCatS Pedigree!

*The KittyCatS Acount page ( http://kittycats.biz/account.php ) now has an option to allow the browsing of all previous generations (as far as you own them) of cats that have the new pedigree links enabled.

*You will be able to browse not only the cats you currently own, but also the cat you have bred!

*This functionality is also available for those browsing your pedigrees through a new In World Pedigree Link...

So in a few words, we must enable each kitty/box pedigree manually for them to show an Inworld pedigree link.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel , Ryanna Enfield , MarissaCloud Resident
05-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Because I use the online cattery, I've just made it a habit to click the box when I'm looking at new boxes or before bringing live kitties inworld to sell. It's definitely fewer steps to do it that way, but no help to those who work in world.
09-03-2014, 02:55 AM
BUMP time again, for newer members.
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel , Kayleigh McMillan
09-03-2014, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 08:28 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I'd like to add to this for newer people: please do not hesitate to ask a more experienced breeder/friend to check a pedigree for you to see if a claim is rightful or even possible.
Most of the time you will find breeders more than willing to help you out before you purchase.
If a pedigree link isn't provided and it is impossible to tell via the parents if a claim can be true, please do not buy the kitty.
You may purchase a cat in the bag (not even sure if this is only a Dutch saying which implies a bad buy).

P.S. For the moderators: I vote for a sticky thread due to important financial community relevance.
It may not be a popular topic and perhaps something one would rather turn a blind eye towards but it is crucial for new breeders.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Wendi Lavendel , doubledareme Resident
09-04-2014, 04:05 AM
Thanks Kay, though i'm not that sure it should be stickyd as stickies are info only threads and this one has suffered a few controversies over time.

The input has been mostly great however and has a load of really useful infos for anyone who has the patience to read it through from the start.
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
09-04-2014, 07:22 AM
(09-04-2014 04:05 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Thanks Kay, though i'm not that sure it should be stickyd as stickies are info only threads and this one has suffered a few controversies over time.

The input has been mostly great however and has a load of really useful infos for anyone who has the patience to read it through from the start.

Yes, I know on the other hand it may be a topic with a sensibility for controversies.
I hope mods can edit those parts and give us guidelines in which we can exchange our concerns about this topic.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

01-20-2015, 02:06 PM
I feel the need to bump this thread. It infuriates me to hear wrong information being passed on, see wrong hidings in boxes marked and now a days with the amount of auctions even auctioneers tend to slip here and there.

It is every ones duty to keep themselves informed on the trait ranking! Be honest with your selling! =)) If you aint sure best say that as well!

[Image: 13362250504_ac330f5514_z.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel , anna Acanthus , xStormyx Resident , Priestess Firanelli , Nocshadue Balbozar , Icestron Resident
03-18-2015, 05:26 AM
I've seenthis a lot lately from breeders I think should know better. I have noticed of late that just because a breeder has been breeding a while you can't assume a good level of knowledge. If in doubt ask for proof or even ask a friend you trust to take a look.

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Mizaki Resident , Dimpz Morane , Kayleigh McMillan
03-18-2015, 11:08 AM
I've never understood the need to advertise hides this or that. As long as the pedigree is open you can see what it hides and compare to the trait sheets.

It would be really nice if people had the pedigree set to check it out or one of those pedigree givers set out. I bought a kitty for a fur that I love and thought it was pure and ended up with another fur. >.<

Another thing I had mentioned in another thread. Since I've been back, I've been hitting a lot of shops. And I constantly find kitties not priced. Not just a few here and there, but tons. They can have 50 boxes in their shop, but one box isn't priced. Some of those are kitties I might have bought too, but oh well I got to keep my lindens till I found another I liked that was priced.

You are losing lindens with unpriced and unpedigreed boxes! Just saying. Angel

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Illuminatra Resident , Kayleigh McMillan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)