Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Canary eyes is really retired or this is a bug fridays 13?
05-13-2016, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2016 08:16 AM by fabioazevedo Oh.)
Tongue Canary eyes is really retired or this is a bug fridays 13?
Canary eyes is really retired or this is a bug fridays 13?

laughs

in 17-12-2015, a list of retired traits was published, and Canary eyes are on the list.

link: https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=24444

[Image: ff33fe5bc26f7e9bd380f813b39cf1d8.png]

well, today, 13-05-2016 , I had two cats started spring 2016, sent me Canary eyes.

[Image: 0edbbdf4b6e2b34430961b5455b2c3a4.png]

and

[Image: 8a68fe227cbe9e2f3ede2550e1f018fa.png]

call Ghostburters, please

smile, funny.

Store: TooAdorable
Blog: Mr.Cat - breeding, market and classes
Link: http://mrcat-kitty.blogspot.com.br/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Ivy Norsk , Alassariah Resident
05-13-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Canary eyes is really retired or or this is a bug fridays 13?
That looks like an "Ooops"...
Something slipped through that was supposed to be retired from the starters, or else somehow the dominance ranking has been botched. Ody Bellini shouldn't have thrown a canary eye when crossed with a new starter cat.
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Alassariah Resident
05-13-2016, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2016 07:08 PM by sneakpastu Resident.)
Retired traits can appear in any kitten box born well after the retire date. Retired has always meant that it just won't be hiding under a costumed cat after it's retired date. The eye has to be hidden in the history of the Australians...or the dominance order is out of wack...or it could really be both actually. One of the things that I've found with the Ody Bellini eye is that it sometimes will work much like the Ody Rainbow or Ody Prism eyes...and will bring out an eye at random from the pedigree well beyond what we can see listed for the parent.

[Image: sneaks_forum_signature.png]
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sh...2/224/2001
05-13-2016, 11:15 PM
Sounds like a glitch. Even if the canary was "hid" behind ody bell, that is still a glitch because ody bell is recessive to canary. If the starters have the canary, it is a glitch because it's retired. Either way -- glitch. Nobody's perfect -- not even computers.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
05-14-2016, 02:49 AM
(05-13-2016 11:15 PM)Kayla Woodrunner Wrote:  Sounds like a glitch. Even if the canary was "hid" behind ody bell, that is still a glitch because ody bell is recessive to canary. If the starters have the canary, it is a glitch because it's retired. Either way -- glitch. Nobody's perfect -- not even computers.

SInce Fabio saw this with two different starters, it's not a glitch - it is a programming error. Humans program computers. Hardware just executes the instructions that humans code. Even if it was a communication error when hidden traits were passed, it is highly unlikely it would happen twice with different starters.

Canary eyes were cool though, although 18 carat Gold is still my favorite yellow eye, and it's still around!
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh , Ivy Norsk , Alassariah Resident
05-14-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: Canary eyes is really retired or this is a bug fridays 13?
My guess is either a different one was retired by mistake, or Canary was missed entirely.
 Thanks given by: fabioazevedo Oh
05-15-2016, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2016 11:32 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
Here's hoping it was a Triskaidekaphobia Egg .. like an Easter Egg but on Friday the 13th.

The code to do that is already known to be there. It's just the St Partick's day Special with a different date and different trait values. I really hope it's the case here. If so, congratulations and .. hmm .. how long has the code been there? Have we missed it all these years and KC is chuckling that it took so long to finally notice it? (It happened 3 times last year, and once each of the previous 2 years .. so we've has a few previous chances).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ellen Ireland
05-15-2016, 11:47 AM
If it's a Friday the Thirteenth gift, it might not have been canary the previous times - maybe a few other head-scratchers could be traced back to previous occurrences!

(05-15-2016 11:25 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Here's hoping it was a Triskaidekaphobia Egg .. like an Easter Egg but on Friday the 13th.

The code to do that is already known to be there. It's just the St Partick's day Special with a different date and different trait values. I really hope it's the case here. If so, congratulations and .. hmm .. how long has the code been there? Have we missed it all these years and KC is chuckling that it took so long to finally notice it? (It happened 3 times last year, and once each of the previous 2 years .. so we've has a few previous chances).

05-16-2016, 11:25 PM
Hey Fabio...did you put this on the bug reporting thread or report it directly to kittycats? They may not read everything in the breeding section of the forums (I could be wrong).
05-16-2016, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2016 04:18 PM by Alassariah Resident.)
I am curious about this as well. I bought a large pack of starters 2 months ago and dad has Ody Bell. I would think the Canary had been bred out of him and yet when paired with a starter female, the baby shows Canary. Surprise surprise!

[Image: da7644e855c8c238b1ed03b87a7dfc9a.png]

[Image: ea303aeb844b080d1f176ef860087306.png]

Loving the cattery! Thank you KittyCatS!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)