Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Tonkinese - Blue Point Recessiveness
12-23-2016, 04:50 AM
RE: Tonkinese - Blue Point Recessiveness
Thank you BreeAnn for sharing those with us. The Forum based charts have been updated to reflect this placement. Smile

Forum Based Charts can be found here
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca
12-23-2016, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 03:55 PM by Brunabug Nightfire.)
Hello Arwen,
Again I would be happy to post any pictures of pedigrees that you might need. Feel free to contact me in world with a Notecard or leave me a private message here in the forums. But please do understand, I do have to check with the sender/breeder first.
Personally, when I speak directly to breeders I remind them to send them to SAGAKitty and post on the forums.
I understand the frustration you have expressed on having several cats open and breeding when SAGAKitty showed the trait being placed, and no one posted pictures here in the forum about it.
It is up to the person who is sending proofs to SAGAKitty to post in the forums, just as it is up to the person who posts their pedigrees in the forums
to send them also to SAGAKitty to be reviewed and posted on SAGAs Dominance Charts.
Sadly there are lots of times Pedigrees are posted here in the forums but are never sent directly to SAGAKitty.

I do understand that in the past there has been a delay but Please refer to this reply from Wendi directly on the Opaline eyes (Reply #20), about why there is this delay.

Here is some more Links that some of you might be interested in:
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Please send any info or updates you have for the charts to SagaKitty Resident (in SL) or to SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Thanks! Happy Breeding

(12-22-2016 06:06 PM)Arwen Swordthain Wrote:  Thank you Bree for getting that posted for us and adding the purity proof.
Maybe you could encourage people to post their proofs to the forums as well as sending to saga. Not everyone conducts tests at the Saga space so not all tests and testers will be known. If proofs are posted here as well those of us conducting tests will know when our tests are no longer needed and can refocus on other tests instead of wasting our time on irrelevant ones.
As I'm sure you will be one of the first to acknowledge in the past vetting of proofs by the Saga team hasn't always been timely and a more open and sharing approach may stop people getting discouraged by carrying on with tests no longer needed.
I currently have 6 cats dedicated to this test, 2 retired last week meaning I did have 8 at time of requesting the proof be posted, the 6 left likely would never have been opened had the proof been posted here. I'm sure you can appreciate that we prefer not to waste time on placed traits.

~ BreeAnn (Brunabug Nightfire)
Direct link to SAGA Dominance Charts folder
Direct link to SAGA FAQ
Feel free to pass Proofs to me - I will be sure to get them added to the To Do List for SAGA.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
12-27-2016, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2016 08:22 AM by Arwen Swordthain.)
Hi BreeAnn
I don't think you are fully understanding what I was asking for. I want all breeders to post their proofs on the forum so other breeders don't waste time on tests that Saga already has unseen proofs for sat awaiting their pleasure.
Once Saga has updated its very often too late and much time and kibble has been wasted on tests that have sat proven in their inbox for however long it takes them to decide its ok. I realise you are working hard to change this but many of us have been bitten in the past.
I'm not asking you or them to post proofs. I'm asking all of you to encourage breeders to post here in the forum AS WELL as sending proofs into the Saga team.
I believe this will stop people getting discouraged from testing and promote openess and co operation in the whole community not just in the Saga Project group. Everytime you post you promote the sending of proofs to Saga in huge coloured text, is it really too much to ask that you promote open sharing of proofs in the same way?

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Kayla Woodrunner , fabioazevedo Oh
12-27-2016, 08:38 AM
I agree with you, Arwen, poeple should be encouraged to post on the forum. But also some people like to keep their charts secret I think so sending to Saga allows them to share a pedigree without really publishing it. It's not my philosophy --- I believe in sharing but some people are like that.

Still it would help, Breeann, if people are encouraged to post here, the people who are comfortable with sharing will likely do so. Some people just don't think about the forum or realize how active the breeding section has become.

I think some people are worried about the forum being critical about their chart. I think some people used to be very blunt about whether a proof was good or not. Lately though I think the feedback has softened and people feel more welcome to post. At least I hope so. I try to be clear about my feedback so people can see why a proof works or doesn't work and I've noticed other people are becoming clearer about their proofs. Ariella did a great job on Cognac providing more backup when something wasn't clear but it could've only happened because people pointed out something wasn't clear. I thnk this helps people learn charts especially about tracking hids which is vital in proofs. So I think more people are posting. I do like the way the Breeding section has become more encouraging of people posting proofs.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , Arwen Swordthain
12-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Its no longer needed but my stuborness meant I had to finish the tests I started and so finally after months of frustration the tests Reven and I were conducting have borne fruit, all be it too late but I'm going to share the result of our blood, sweat and tears anyway.

Tonkineses Blue Point is DOMINANT to Tonkinese Natural Mink this was Kitten 5 of 6 to be tested first 4 hid Blue Marble. 6 is staying in the damn box.

[Image: 2c6131f62e626295056ce02386b11cd3.png]

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Reven Rosca , HappyDaize Resident , Brunabug Nightfire , Peaches Latrell , Kayla Woodrunner
12-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Whoooo Hooooo! Finally!
Even stubborn kitties have to give up in the end!

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain , Kayla Woodrunner
12-28-2016, 06:25 PM
You made me laugh Arwen. I know exactly how you feel when it takes me months to get a proof, I want to share it --- see I was working on it and the damn stubborn kitty finally gave it to me. After the 3rd kitten gives the wrong hid, I will quietly keep working on stuff because damn it! I am more stubborn than a cat. So there! lol, my cats laught at me.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)