Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

British Shorthair Cream & White - Recessivness
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2016 10:19 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
RE: British Shorthair Cream & White - Recessivness
Sharing a second independent proof of Brit SH C&W as being dominant to Bali Lilac. Two British SH bred together produced a Bali Lilac, so one or both had to hide that fur.

[Image: 0hsfmX5.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
08-03-2016, 09:38 PM
And here is a pedigree proof that British SH C&W is recessive to Russian Black...

[Image: DLRNxNX.png]

Margaret (Tonk Blue Mink) bred to Amigo (Russian Black) produced Harvey & Carmela (both British SH C&W)...
Since Tonk Blue Mink is already known to be recessive to BSH, this means that Amigo, the Russian Black, had to carry Brit SH C&W as his hidden fur.

So this should now narrow the potential range down to BSH C&W being recessive to Russian Black and Dom to Bali Lilac. Whittling away at it, until we get this placed. Wink
08-04-2016, 06:23 AM
(08-03-2016 09:38 PM)HappyDaize Resident Wrote:  And here is a pedigree proof that British SH C&W is recessive to Russian Black...

*snip*

So this should now narrow the potential range down to BSH C&W being recessive to Russian Black and Dom to Bali Lilac. Whittling away at it, until we get this placed. Wink

So we're down to a 20-ish fur spred!

Here is an even better proof

[Image: c6e090a6f02652b3305e8a60d55b8d90.png]

I don't think Saga will accept these screenshots though, so we'd better contact Dottie, or breed our own proofs.

This find suits me fine too, since I now can continue my breeding plan and know I'll get pure Brits back.

Forum based dominance charts

Tad nailed it!
08-04-2016, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 11:05 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
LOL.. yes that Margaret and Amigo pairing in both pedigrees. Wink

I have a couple test pairs currently set up that fall below Russian Black... one is an Aby Blue that I am pretty sure will be Dom to the Brit fur.
The other is an Oci Chocolate x Brit carrier (starter cat that hides BSH C&W). So we should eventually have proofs that narrow this even more.

But the above pedigrees at least give us some guides as to where to be targeting a potential placement.

***Updated to add that the Kittycorn (hides BSH C&W) x Oci Chocolate pair dropped a British Shorthair C&W kitten. Unpacked to test. Hidden could be Oci Choc, but there is also a Bali Cream a few generations back in that pedigree, so I am keeping these parents paired for another week or two.
08-04-2016, 09:47 PM
I am going to go ahead and update the fur sheet with the new info. That way we can narrow things faster in the correct range.

So looks like current range is
Russian Black -- Bali Lilac Lynx

Russian Black *
Ocicat Cinnamon Silver
Russian White (Retired) *
Chat. Tawny & White 1
Abyssinian Blue
Burmese Platinum *
Siamese Chocolate (Retired) *
Snowshoe Bluepoint *
Foxie red mask
Main Coon Plush Calico Washed
Foxie Argyle
Bengal Snow (Retired) *
Ocicat Tawny
Abyssinian Fawn (Retired)
Snowshoe Red
Siamese Flame
Ocicat Chocolate (Retired)
Burmese Flame
Abyssinian Black Silver
Balinese Chocolate Lynx
Balinese Lilac Lynx

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
08-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Wendi asked me to keep breeding my slate and white to british cream and white, so far i have gotten mostly slate and white from this pair, and i have been breeding the babies but only an aby dark popped from one of them
https://gyazo.com/4f8c048574c6cef723f9276491566dc7

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: dreampoetz_Resident]
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident , Kayla Woodrunner
08-05-2016, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016 08:09 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
All proofs are good to have. Yes, I would expect Chat Slate & White to be Dom to the Brit fur. Hopefully one of yours will drop a solid proof for you soon. Smile
[Smiles, so lovely to see "Ice" being put to good use too -- I recognize that cat! LOL]

I am anxiously awaiting my Aby Blue offspring in a few days. Hoping those kitties will cooperate and give us a quick result... but most of mine take c. three kittens before they finally give up their hiddens, it seems.
08-05-2016, 10:23 PM
A friend just gave me a British shorthair so I'll pair it with a Foxie Red Mask since it's in the middle of that range. Hopefully it'll cut the range in half.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
08-06-2016, 07:45 AM
Unfortunately my Bali Choc hid Foxie Salt & Pepper not the British Shorthair, Will look again within the new range we have to see what test pairings I can do, or have already done Smile

Forum Based Charts

KittyCats Discoveries & Retirements
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , HappyDaize Resident
08-06-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry on the hid, Arwen. It happened to me too. Looking forward to your pairing results.

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)