Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

British Shorthair Cream & White - Recessivness
07-11-2016, 12:26 AM
RE: British Shorthair Recessiveness?
Very cool, Happy Daize. Are you going to pop that baby? It probably has the Aussie Dark Choco hid but it would be great to get it confirmed. Congrats on getting the British Shorthair Cream&White from the Kittycorn!

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2016, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2016 10:00 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
That Brit baby is set up at the Saga project, and we will see what he produces. First kitten should be here within the next few days... so keep fingers crossed that he decides to show us his hidden fur. (Edited to add that he gave me a lovely British kitten this round, so we'll keep going until he decides to share his recessive fur.)

In case he hides something other than Aussie Dk Chocolate, his parents are also still paired as well.

Jag and I have set up a British SH C&W paired with a Chateau Cat - Cream & White No. 1... They threw a Chat kitten, and she's unpacked for future test mating.

I have an ASH Blue & Whte paired with a Brit SH C&W back on my home sim atm, but they are newly unpacked kittens. If Placement is still not narrowed by the time they are breeding, I'll share the results from that cross as well.
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner
07-13-2016, 07:40 AM
Jag, could you rename this thread "British Shorthair Cream & White - Recessivness"? because in case later there are more colors

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-13-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: British Shorthair Cream & White - Recessivness
Done Deal Smile
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Peaches Latrell , HappyDaize Resident
07-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Yay! Thank you, Jag!

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
07-17-2016, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 10:42 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
Can y'all double check this for me... I think I stumbled upon a pedigree that shows that Brit SH C&W is Dominant to the Tonk Blue Mink Tortie.
The Aussie Blue can't hide Torte... so it had to come from the Brit, correct?

[Image: CnE53Uj.png]
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner , Arwen Swordthain
07-17-2016, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2016 11:23 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
Yes, Happy, you are correct. Thanks for finding that ped. The British Shorthair -- Cream & White hasto be dominant to the Tonkinese Blue Mink Tortie. So that cuts off another 5 furs in the range. Saga's will be happy to see that chart. It's whittling down!

Now between Burmese Champagne to Tonkinese Blue Mink Tortie

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: Arwen Swordthain
07-18-2016, 11:11 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2016 11:34 AM by HappyDaize Resident.)
Another pedigree to narrow the placement, I believe: Brit SH C&W Dominant to Bali Lilac...

[Image: Moopfgh.png]

So, I've now paired one of my Brits with an Aby Ruddy who hides Aby Blue... and have a pairing of Brit with ASH Blue & White.
I'm also still running the Brits tested against Aussie Dark Chocolate, until we are sure whether that fur falls above or below the Bali Lilac, or until they give me constructive results.
 Thanks given by: Alassariah Resident , Barry Ballyhoo , Kayla Woodrunner
07-18-2016, 12:37 PM
cool that knocks off another 10 eyes
Now between Burmese Champagne to Balinese Lilac Lynx

Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
 Thanks given by: HappyDaize Resident
07-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Well, my test pairs all gave me British Shorthair kittens again this week.. so we go another round until I can pull a hidden fur and perhaps finally determine the relationship between Brit SH C&W and Aussie Dark Chocolate.

I also saw that the pairing Jag and I had set up of Brit SH C&W x Chat cat C&W1 produced a Brit kitten this week -- they had produced a Chat C&W1 kitten last week... so it will be interesting to see if one of those hides the other fur, or not, once they give up their hidden(s).

Sometimes the kittycats are stubborn Tongue
 Thanks given by: Kayla Woodrunner

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)