Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Not sure how theses work (Confetti )
03-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Not sure how theses work (Confetti )
So I dont fully understand how they work... each one hides 3 furs? or each after the starter pair hides 2? can you pair a cocoberry with another fur and still get one of the other colors or only if it is with a cocoberry?

~ Luna's Lucky KittyCatS ~
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cr.../73/120/21
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: Not sure how theses work (Confetti )
A Confetti has 4 fur alleles, organized in two pairs. The first pair is the shown (dominant) Confetti fur and the hidden (recessive) Confetti fur. The other pair is the hidden (dominant) normal fur and the hidden (recessive) normal fur.

When pairing a Confetti with a non-Confetti, ONLY the normal-fur pair applies. The offspring will ONLY be a normal cat.

When pairing one Confetti with another Confetti, there is a CHANCE (fully random, you can NOT effect it) that the Confetti pair applies. When it does, each parent selects one allele to pass to the offspring for its Confetti pair. Once that has occurred, or if the random roll failed and the offspring will not be a Confetti, the normal fur and all other traits are produced in the normal manner.

Note that, at present, I place the odds of a Confetti pair producing a Confetti offspring at about 1-in-10. And, remember, **NOTHING** you can do can effect that outcome .. it will or will not be a Confetti based solely upon 'winning' the 1-in-10 lottery. When you win it, of course, the common rule applies, so, for instance, if you have a White hiding Red and a Red hiding Orange, you will get White hiding Red, White hiding Orange, Red hiding Red, or Red hiding Orange, with equal 1-in-4 odds of each (for a net odds of 1-in-40 of each, if we include all non-Confetti offspring).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Luna1987 Resident
03-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Thanks Tad, that is a lot to ingest lol. So it's like normal KittyCats with 2 extra maybe furs tossed in and with a bit of luck you may get something other then a white one IF you get one at all..... seems I have gotten into an expensive excersize in patience.

03-20-2016, 09:25 PM
That's putting it mildly. For thoughts on that (mine as well as others) browse through http://www.kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=25609
03-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Ok few more question.
one of my pairs is coco & Blue with the coco's mom being green. being that the blue is already past the "white" stage it can only pass the blue? Or does the blue hide another more recessive color? Also being that the white hides green (or better?) if i should happen to get a confetti there is a better chance of a color and not what?

03-22-2016, 09:44 PM
The Confetti furs work just like normal furs when it comes to dominance and breeding results.

You have "Coco hiding Green or better" and "Blue hiding Blue or better".

Assuming Blue is dominant to Green, IFF you get a Confetti offspring, the odds are "Coco hiding Blue or better" (1-in-2) or "Blue hiding Green or better" (1-in-4) or "Blue or better hiding Green or better" (1-in-4). I believe this is what will occur.

However, if I'm wrong, and Green is dominant to Blue, the results are a bit different, with "Coco hiding Blue or better" (1-in-2), "Green hiding Blue or better" appearing 1-in-4, or something else (probably Blue unless there is something between Green and Blue) the other 1-in-4.
 Thanks given by: Luna1987 Resident
04-02-2016, 09:51 PM
Update - My first pair gave me a white confetti (and a Diamond!) Do all the confetti's give gems or was i just super lucky? Also do the confetti's give special sizes?

04-02-2016, 10:57 PM
(04-02-2016 09:51 PM)Luna1987 Resident Wrote:  Update - My first pair gave me a white confetti (and a Diamond!) Do all the confetti's give gems or was i just super lucky? Also do the confetti's give special sizes?
You are SUPER SUPER lucky!!!! I never got a gem from a Confetti.Wink

Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Oselkhandro_Resident]
04-03-2016, 01:19 AM
Wow .. Charm says she never gets gems any more .. like it's been about a year. And when I asked, she says she's getting a lot fewer sizes, too.
04-03-2016, 01:37 PM
(04-03-2016 01:19 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Wow .. Charm says she never gets gems any more .. like it's been about a year. And when I asked, she says she's getting a lot fewer sizes, too.

I have only ever gotten one other gem in 5 years and it was an Emerald, as far as sizes go I have felt like i have been getting more then usual about one a week it seems.

I was just not sure if there could be say a Mega Cocoberry

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)