Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Collars on Full Bright shades (feature suggestion?)
03-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Collars on Full Bright shades (feature suggestion?)
Hi, I just noticed that, when you put a collar on a KittyCat with a Full Bright shade (e.g. Flair), the collar isn't set to Full Bright; as a result, the collar looks very drab and dark against the cat. It's not as noticeable on dark cats (Full Bright doesn't "illuminate" them as much) or cats with Glow shades. See picture at the bottom for reference; Estrellita is Blush shade, and Ali Angel Monkey is Natural shade -- you'll see on Ali the collar looks okay, but even though side-by-side you can tell the collars are the same, it looks comparatively darker and more drab on Estrellita.

Might it be possible, in a future update, to get an option for clothing that lets us tweak the clothing's appearance?

You could either have "Normal" and "Match Cat" (e.g. collar gets same glow/full bright/shiny settings as cat's shade), or you could have individual toggling of glow (low/high/off), full bright (on/off), and shiny (low/high/off). If you went with the latter, you could use "■" (U+25A0) for on/high and "□" (U+25A1) for off like you do currently, and for the tri-state settings use "▧" (U+25A7) for low.

[Image: d1e65cad5a76c407bea531b5fa0fe377.png]

—Jessica Metalhead
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Shukie Galicia , Kayleigh McMillan
03-14-2016, 08:22 PM
RE: Collars on Full Bright shades (feature suggestion?)
So much want this. I generally choose to leave my 'shaded' cats naked with no collars because it just does'nt work with them being full bright, and the collar not.
 Thanks given by: Phil Metalhead
03-21-2016, 04:50 PM
I love the suggestion as well. I suggest also posting this in the "feedback" section as I think that is where they go to read on suggestions.
 Thanks given by: Shukie Galicia
03-21-2016, 07:08 PM
I agree do want!

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
03-22-2016, 02:39 AM
I would also like to see this! verity is the spice of life "grins"
03-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Thinking about it, there is one thing that kind of concerns me about having the collars be affected by cat shade. That is, it may have an adverse effect on the collar itself. Content creating is in itself an art. When someone creates a collar, they aren't just a collar creator. They are an artist. Their vision, their view on beauty, etc.. The issue is if the collars follow the shade of the cat, some of the detail in the collar may be lost. For example, a white collar with cool designs will have the designs washed out on a collar placed on a cat with a shade of high illumination (glow). Or, collars that show great material detail, will be smoothed out, and not so brilliant on a cat of porcelain shade, or a shade that has a shine to it. You can test this yourself by taking a texture, and see how it changes when you change the glow, or shininess of the object of which the texture is on. Sometimes, the color even appears to change somewhat.

Where it may not change the collar completely, in some cases, maybe only subtly, it may still be enough for the content creator to feel that their artwork had been compromised in some way. Furthermore, a purchaser of said collar, who loved how it looked off the cat, may complain as the colors change due to the glossiness or the illumination of the collar being on the cat of a shade. They may find it unacceptable. Newbies may unfairly brand the collar of low quality and undeservingly demand their money back. Or even worse, blame the collar creator for false advertising, saying "the collar looks different on my cat!" Well yeah, it would, the cat applied another layer to it (aka shine or illume). Which really, wouldn't be fair.
03-22-2016, 04:41 PM
It seems to me that this is a very good idea and would be fairly easy to implement.

We probably don't want every Shade to effect the collars. But it would be quite easy to have the Glow and Full Bright applied to the collar when the Shade includes Glow and Full Bright.

It would be a bit more complicated, but this could be a designer-choice option for the collar. When using the creator kit, ask, and if the designer wants, the collar could be marked as being effected. If this is done, the designer might also be given the choice of always having Glow and Full Bright applied, never applied (the default), or only applied based upon Shade.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)