Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

MP vs Inworld shops
03-10-2016, 03:46 AM
RE: MP vs Inworld shops
First thing i though when saw the world of meeroos was: gosh! why we don't have a roo.mate site for shop??

When saw the profiler, when came out, though was totally useless, because was not related to any site or any database.
When the web database has been created i've bought the profile, thinking that was cool have a *one.click.market*.
I've sold some cats in this way! Smile
Me too, when look for a certain trait, specific, make a search in the market site.
Don't see this like an attempt to control the market, see it like an opportunity to have more way to choose, without walk in all the markets and the shops.
When i land on an empty spot, with just an empty profiler think that is because the cat has been sold. And teleport myself in another spot.
If the seller leave the fake profiler for purpose, well.. i don't care. Because don't have time and desire for have doubts on everyone's intentions.
If the system will end, one day, because the creator will be bored, or will not earn enough, or will have something in RL that will keep all his attention.. well.. Smile will come back to wander for hours looking in each cart in each market (thing that, by the way, do also now, when i just want take a tour around).
Honestly, i don't see the problem with this tool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Emilia Darkwatch , Beadnstone Jewell
03-10-2016, 04:47 AM
This is just me personally,

I don't shop the MP for kitties. I like to see as much as a profile as I can.

The online market thing sounds great. Even with pros and cons.

It sounds like it's great for ppl that don't want to pay out a bunch of money for expensive shops, or pay out to have a number of shops.

It could bring in business for the ppl that just want a shop on the land they already rent, or in the smaller sims that don't get a lot of traffic.

On the con side, it could end up cluttered with a lot of "missing" kitties, that maybe got sold and the ppl don't check them often enough to remove them from the site.

Maybe there could be a way to set it up that once the product is sold and removed it's taken off the site automatically?

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Emilia Darkwatch , Beadnstone Jewell
03-10-2016, 07:06 AM
The profilers can be written to reset when the cat is not there. Typically this would be done as radar .. the classic, but laggy method. This would clean up more than the web-site so it's a pretty good idea. With a bit of work the profiler can check the nearby cats and boxes and make sure one of them has the UUID given in the configured link. That might reset profilers for wandering cats but, well, the cat's not there for the purchaser either, so is it really a problem?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Yeah you can do that, for the cost of additional lag. Is it really needed? Nope. The website is pretty clean without that additional lag. Make each profiler continuously check if the cat is still there, on a sim with 1000s of profilers, good luck with that. I don't see a problem with the current system.

KittyCatS Web Market: http://kittycats.info/market
Gridwide Auction Calendar: http://kittycats.info/auctions
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2016, 11:59 AM
With regard to the original post, I prefer selling cats inworld and a lot of that is the social aspect of it or just having the chance to chat sometimes people who are shopping for my cats. I think cats can sell pretty well from Marketplace too but I have not personally done it, just observed others doing well with it

On the subject of the profiler and what is currently being discussed... I actually prefer it as it is and I would not like it changed. I do not wish to see my cat I sold using it removed automatically from the system and be left with a blank or disabled board. I don't wish for that feature to change and I find it positive that I can go and look and see which cat sold easily, instead of have to look it up. It takes me only a second to look at the profiler and know. It's a matter of personal preference as to whether one finds it better to have the cat auto remove or not, and I actually prefer not, because it works well for me

Angel "I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through" - Jules Verne Angel
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Songdog Woolley , Beadnstone Jewell
03-10-2016, 04:24 PM
I started breeding KittyCats just over a year ago after falling in love with the Firestorm 2014 KittyCat.
At that time, I had no idea there was a secondary market. So I bought several kitties from the Marketplace. Of the 8 kitties I purchased, none came to me. I didn't know that I had to be in-world to receive my KittyCats because I thought it would be there in my received folder like other Marketplace purchases. I reported to the sellers but unfortunately, I couldn't get all of the cats back. SL as usual, borked the whole thing.
After that bad experience, I have never bought from the Marketplace again. And because of that experience, I am too scared to put my own cats on the Marketplace. I wouldn't want a buyer to go through that and I wouldn't know what to do if it happen. Of course, this is just my own experience.
A few months ago, I saw the RM profiler all over the secondary market and it has made my KittyCat purchasing easier. I would usually prowl the secondary market almost daily. I still do this sometimes because it's so interesting to see the cats in-world but browsing the profiler website has also made it easier to just teleport to these cats in-world and check them out.
So to answer the question, I prefer shopping KittyCats in-worldSmile
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Emilia Darkwatch , Ivy Lane
03-11-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 03:17 PM by LibGwen Resident.)
Under the VMM system, don't all deliveries go to the Received Items folder? Gosh, I hadn't realized I hadn't bought any KittyCatS boxes on Marketplace since the changeover to VMM in August....

For the customer, the hazard of Magic Box delivery is it's the same as being sent an object by another avatar: If you don't click that "accept" button in the corner, eventually the server drops it from the queue. If your messages cap, so do your in-world deliveries. This was one of the things VMM was designed to overcome, by delivering in-inventory instead. Most Magic Box owners moved everything out of the Boxes and into VMM, and since August 2015 it has not been possible to add new items to a Magic Box anyway.
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
03-11-2016, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016 06:00 PM by Ivy Lane.)
(03-08-2016 08:44 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Exactly. It can be used to generate traffic to a store without actually offering the product. And that was the same problem which eventually snowballed out of control elsewhere. In fact, there is no requirement that the produce EVER be on display, if it even is for sale; one simply needs to own it and place a working link into the object.

The question is simply how fast will the system become so filled with cruft as to become unusable. And, the answer to that depends not upon the design but upon the psychology of the various communities.

yes it depends on the individuals, I have actually contacted people who repeatedly have had a profiler displaying a cat they didn't have and especially one person who seemed to be using the product for bait by tossing it under her stand. Individuals are a part of this universe and they use products in ways that are not intended. I stopped visiting or buying from those people who do not update their listings, simple. No updating , no more shopping. People have the power to make that choice and not even purchase from those breeders who misuse a tool for bait and switch.

Seriously Tad some of the responsibility has to be on the people who buy and use products.

[Image: al_114x100t.png]

Buy art @ [ RedBubble ] !
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch , Alassariah Resident , Beadnstone Jewell , Ryanna Enfield , Rene Marseille
03-12-2016, 08:54 AM
In world shops, in my opinion, are the best way to showcase your kitties. You can set them up live or in boxes and you can advertise all on your own. However with the amount of spam that we all see currently sometimes those ads go un-noticed. Not always but sometimes. I love to decorate my shop, so for me an in world shop works best. And a good point was made on the updates and kitties just sitting on the SL Marketplace for months and months. You can't see pedigrees, so you have no idea really what you are buying. Now if you are just looking for a pet to have at your house, this may work for you.

There are so many KittyCats sims it would be near impossible to "control" the market. Everyone has their favorite spot, or their favorite sim to rent and/or shop at. That is why KittyCats is a community, because we all keep it that way. Are there unscrupulous people that will try to garner sales by the old "bait and switch"? Sure there are, you will see that in any competitive arena, and breedables definitely fall into that category. It is up to the morals and integrity of the SELLER to maintain their shop and their stock. Now does real life sometimes prevent us from getting in SL, sure it does and that is understandable...heck I live at the beach and there are times when I am not in here for days in the summer. So here is where we get to the profilers.

I love them. I love being able to search the literally hundreds and hundreds of kitties to find what I want or need to continue a breeding project. There is nothing worse than walking around multiple sims for hours and not finding what you are looking for. Now for some this is a great pastime, but for me....well....I like to shop and get home LOL. So the Market Place and the profilers are a tool that I enjoy using. If I teleport to a shop and the kitty listed is not there...well heck folks that means it sold or the person, like me sometimes, has not had time to reset it. That is not the creator's fault, but real life. You have a choice at that point to look around that particular shop or sim, maybe meet some peeps, maybe share a laugh.....or go back to the Marketplace and search for a replacement. It really is your choice Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight , Ivy Norsk , Beadnstone Jewell , Ryanna Enfield , Rene Marseille , Emilia Darkwatch

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)