Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

MP vs Inworld shops
03-07-2016, 02:07 PM
MP vs Inworld shops
Hope this is the right spot for this. Anyway just wondering what people think is better to shop inworld at a shop or on mp? I know I enjoy both. but looking for others opinions.

Heart Owner of Christin's Kittycat Stuff specializing in collars, beds, and re sell kittiesHeart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
03-07-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: MP vs Inworld shops
I 100% prefer in world at a shop are market!... The marketplace while nice to find clothing and such! I just dont find it a very good tool to find cats! Most the time the search is dismal at best. I prefer not to have to worry with the off chances SL has a hiccup and the cat gets eaten. Then having to go thought all that rigmarole to get the cat replaced. On that note thought I have on a few rare occasions bought off the marketplace. Those have been very very rare instances!
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ryanna Enfield , Emilia Darkwatch
03-07-2016, 06:15 PM
It's not possible to sell live cats, unless they're pets, on the Marketplace; so, it's rally only good for boxes.

On the Marketplace, it's difficult, if not impossible, to obtain Pedigree information. In-world, however, is usually only a click away.

Plus, especially recently, there is a high chance of getting old boxes which will need updating immediately. With the recent emergency switch to the .WS website, outdated boxes can be a real headache; sometimes requiring a CSR's assistance to get them working.

Personally, I've never liked seeing breedables on the Marketplace; Charm has never sold there and never purchased there.
03-08-2016, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 06:03 AM by LibGwen Resident.)
For kicks I went to Marketplace, typed in a fur, and looked at one box from the first twelve different stores.

Ten of the twelve gave a version number, because it's part of the Info block the cat sends to local chat, which most sellers cut-and-paste into their Marketplace text; one other tried to put a pedigree link but didn't succeed.

So not knowing the version of the cat isn't much of an issue on Marketplace. However, only three of the known ten were version 1.49 or later. (The oldest was v1.39 and five were 1.45.) Of course sometimes a person will update the box but forget to update the Marketplace text. *raises hand sheepishly*
 Thanks given by: Emilia Darkwatch
03-08-2016, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 06:37 AM by Rene Marseille.)
I posted here something before but it was removed. Not sure why they call it advertisement when I try to help people to know about a better way Smile

Ok so I will try to rephrase what I wanted to say:
I agree with Jennifer and Tad, the sl marketplace is not a very good tool to find cats. But there is a better way now, that combines the advantages of the inworld stores and the sl marketplace. It's called the Web Market. You can search the traits you want on the website and directly teleport to the available cats and buy. On the SL Marketplace you can't really filter traits and you can only sell boxes or pets. And I think I don't need to tell you how hard it is to find the cat you want if you do it the old-fashioned way, walking through inworld stores and markets and try to find what you want without any search functions.

KittyCatS Web Market: http://kittycats.info/market
Gridwide Auction Calendar: http://kittycats.info/auctions
03-08-2016, 07:36 AM
Could it be that the author of the tool made the post and is making value statements? Now, perhaps, if that author honestly discussed the product, including the (rather obvious) problems it has, and comparing those to the other approaches, the post would not be removed?
 Thanks given by: Zarabeth Langer
03-08-2016, 07:59 AM
"including the (rather obvious) problems it has"

*laughs* the main problem I've had is teleporting to a kitty and ending up in a wall! Tongue
 Thanks given by: Rene Marseille , Aisling MacMoragh , Emilia Darkwatch , Ivy Lane
03-08-2016, 08:10 AM
@Tad: Ok, so do you want to discuss the "obvious problems" it has? I don't mind to hear what you think about it, that's why I posted here to hear other opinions. It was not fair to report my post and then remove it with the reason "advertising in the 'general discussion' not allowed", especially when I see a posting at the top of the 'general discussion' about a tool called Build-a-cat, posted by "the author of the tool". And my post was really to help people, not to advertise it. I don't think that the Web Market needs any more advertisement.

03-08-2016, 08:10 AM
I recall a very similar system put up by the producers of another breedable. The problem was it very quickly became so out-of-date as to become useless. One could teleport for hours an NEVER find the listed product. Perhaps, once, long ago, the offering was honest; but it was never removed and, over time, the number of false listings vastly overshadowed the actual offerings.
03-08-2016, 08:22 AM
(03-08-2016 08:10 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I recall a very similar system put up by the producers of another breedable. The problem was it very quickly became so out-of-date as to become useless. One could teleport for hours an NEVER find the listed product. Perhaps, once, long ago, the offering was honest; but it was never removed and, over time, the number of false listings vastly overshadowed the actual offerings.

The KittyCatS Web Market removes the listings if the profilers are removed or reset. So if a cat is listed on the web market, there is usually a profiler inworld and you can teleport to it. The only problem would be, if the cat was bought or removed and the profiler was not reset.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)